Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2023 at 4:09 AM
Default WCIF Mod that disables "Terrified" moodlet for werewolves/brave sims. (TS3)
I've always found it annoying and nonsensical for werewolves and brave sims to get the "terrified" moodlet from witnessing a werewolf transformation. These types of sims have no reason to be scared from something like that and therefore, it makes no sense whatsoever. So, what I'm looking for is a mod, for TS3, that fixes this silly, and quite frankly, annoying little issue.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2023 at 2:36 PM
Shimrod has that mod at Naughty Sims Asylum (free registration, there are SO MANY mods over there!) https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph.../#comment-85154
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2023 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Shimrod has that mod at Naughty Sims Asylum (free registration, there are SO MANY mods over there!) https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph.../#comment-85154

Doesn't work. The game doesn't even load the mod.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jul 2023 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delverick_Cassidy
Doesn't work. The game doesn't even load the mod.

Ah crap!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2023 at 10:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 31st Jul 2023 at 3:00 AM.
Doesn't work as expected after given some game clock time is one thing, but how can you tell that a Tuning Mod (as opposed to a Script Mod) isn't loading at all? The pop-up that players see when the game starts up only includes Script and Core Mods; same with NRaas script logs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2023 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Doesn't work as expected after given some game clock time is one thing, but how can you tell that a Tuning Mod (as opposed to a Script Mod) isn't loading at all? The pop-up that players see when the game starts up only includes Script and Core Mods; same with NRaas script logs.

Please explain the difference and how I can tell Tuning Mods and Script Mods apart from each other.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2023 at 6:00 AM Last edited by igazor : 14th Aug 2023 at 11:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Delverick_Cassidy
Please explain the difference and how I can tell Tuning Mods and Script Mods apart from each other.

Script and Core Mods contain compiled scripting code. You can't actually see the code that is executing unless the developer has made the mod Open Sourced and provided a way to access it, which is relatively unusual. Tuning Mods are XML based and can be opened/edited by anyone using a tool such as S3PE.

There are also hybrid beasts, since Script and Core Mods can include or accept additional tuning files if they are programmed to work with these.

it's not always easy or even possible to tell such kinds of mods apart from each other without attempting to crack them open, unless (as is required here at MTS) the developer explicitly says what kind of mod it is. Either way, ,the end product is still one or more .package files no matter what the mod type was. By comparison, all NRaas mods are Script Mods (except for the two that are Core Mods), but a small number of the additional add-on modules such as the Careers School module are really just tuning files for the base mod. And some of the mods have companion tuning files that we have made available to the players for their convenience, meant to be used together with their base Script or Core Mod.

Some of it comes down to experience. Many of us happen to know that all of Shimrod's mods are Tuning Mods, as are most (but not entirely all) of the mods on TFM's Asylum site. Most of the developers there, although brilliant and helpful in their own rights, are not script coders. Not on topic really, but neither am I -- actually I don't know enough of the required scripting language (C# in the case of Sims3) to script my way out of a paper bag.

Anyway, the only real way to tell that a Tuning Mod isn't working is to observe its impact or lack of any on your game. Did you clear the five cache files on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents after adding the mod? Some players do this before/after every game session as a matter of habit, but if not it certainly needs to be done whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jul 2023 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Script and Core Mods contain compiled scripting code. You can't actually see the code that is executing unless the developer has made the mod Open Sourced and provided a way to access it, which is relatively unusual. Tuning Mods are XML based and can be opened/edited by anyone using an tool such as S3PE.

There are also hybrid beasts, since Script and Core Mods can include or accept additional tuning files if they are programmed to work with these.

it's not always easy or even possible to tell such kinds of mods apart from each other without attempting to crack them open, unless (as is required here at MTS) the developer explicitly says what kind of mod it is. Either way, ,the end product is still one or more .package files no matter what the mod type was. By comparison, all NRaas mods are Script Mods (except for the two that are Core Mods), but a small number of the additional add-on modules such as the Careers School module are really just tuning files for the base mod. And some of the mods have companion tuning files that we have made available to the players for their convenience, meant to be used together with their base Script or Core Mod.

Some of it comes down to experience. Many of us happen to know that all of Shimrod's mods are Tuning Mods, as are most (but not entirely all) of the mods on TFM's Asylum site. Most of the developers there, although brilliant and helpful in their own rights, are not script coders. Not on topic really, but neither am I -- actually I don't know enough of the required scripting language (C# in the case of Sims3) to script my way out of a paper bag.

Anyway, the only real way to tell that a Tuning Mod isn't working is to observe it's impact or lack of any on your game. Did you clear the five cache files on the top level of your TS3 user game folder in Documents after adding the mod? Some players do this before/after every game session as a matter of habit, but if not it certainly needs to be done whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way.

After deleting the cache files, the mod worked just fine. Thanks!