Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 10:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it possible to track back which face templates Townies have in a custom hood?
Apparently, the Townies in my custom hood still have the EAxis face templates while I have downloaded face default replacements.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 11:01 PM
Are you talking about the default townies (Goopy, Brandi, Komei, etc)? Because those get generated based off premade EAxis townie templates. Using default face template replacements won't change their appearance at all, and it won't affect sims who have been made already. Any townies generated using the old templates will keep their appearance even if you have default replaced the face templates. If your game is generating new townies with the old faces, it sounds like your face template replacement wasn't installed correctly or the game isn't reading them for some reason.

If your game is giving you the standard townies (Goopy, Brandi, Komei etc) then that means you need to either replace N001 in your Program Files install location with a clean template that doesn't have those townies or disable N001 completely. Otherwise, every neighborhood you make will have those same townies with the old faces! Check out this guide on how to do that.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 11:12 PM
Default face templates don't work like other defaults - they only replace the templates, so existing sims' faces won't be touched.

Already generated sims and townies from before you installed the default templates will use EAxis templates or whichever faces they already had. There's a pool of EA townies/NPCs that's already made. I think there's a couple or so hundred of them, more if you add subhoods which will generate automatically. There's also the "stealth hood" sims, which are the sims added to the family bin.

Only newly generated townies will use the new templates. If you want all the townies to use default replacement face templates you need to install empty/clean hood templates without any townies and/or other sims, and then generate a new neighborhood. You most likely also have to make custom townies, although I think the game generates NPCs and such when needed.
Here's one version: https://modthesims.info/d/615468/cl...-templates.html (this is completely empty, for custom neighborhoods or for the beginning hoods without the playables)
There's also one for stealth hoods if you don't want the family bin sims: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

If you want to check spesific sims, you can extract them with SimPE (safely using Bodyshop, make sure to clone if you plan to use them, if not delete the files before starting up your game), make sure you have only the EA default templates in your game, and then check them against the face templates in Bodyshop.
Tutorial here: https://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
If your game is generating new townies with the old faces, it sounds like your face template replacement wasn't installed correctly or the game isn't reading them for some reason.

This is what happened in a clean hood with premade Sims, although the clean hood has a different name than N00X. I'm using one of redandvidya's clean hoods. Could it be that the Townies were already generated?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 5:37 PM
If the hoods have premade sims, the "clean" in them might refer to them having fixed premade sims with all the bugs and borkiness sorted out, and not "clean" as in not having any premade townies.

New townies (if you generate new ones yourself - there's mods you can use to do so) should use the new face templates.

For full new townie generation you want empty templates, probably also some mods to stop the game from generating extra NPCs, too (I think they're linked in the links above). If you want premade sims from the 6 original hoods but not the original townies, there's probably a solution to that, too.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 6:35 PM
@simmer22: I use this hood, so with the premade Sims but without the original Townies: https://simstate.tumblr.com/post/62...anniversary/amp

It could be that the new Townies were already premade as well?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 6:45 PM
Some of the townies will be automatically added from the game files unless you have empty templates and/or mods to stop it from happening. They're the "missing numbers" in the character files.
It's what happens the first time you load up the neighborhood (and the "loading magic/pets/etc". are the stealth hoods loading in).

I don't know if that particular hood is a cleaned version, but it does lack the extra character files, so by the looks of it I'm guessing it probably is. If you restart the hood and manage to stop the game from loading in the original townies, that should make any new townies spawn with new faces.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:29 PM
@simmer22: taking a closer look, I suspect the "ugly-face" townies in that hood are the Hobby-Club NPCs, since there are no newly generated Townies around except NPCs like the police and newspaper delivery Sims.