Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1776 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 4:52 PM
I redid the roof - took it to 45 degree pitch, and backed it up a tile (since I moved the stairs - why have a dead row of Tiles with a slanty non-weatherproof area?)
BUT - the roof does not match up right...
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Theorist
#1777 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
The balcony was an optional idea, that's why I didn't put any doors there. Cat's placement of the balcony entry makes sense.

(¬__¬) sneaked and steal Catherine's doors

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I redid the roof - took it to 45 degree pitch, and backed it up a tile (since I moved the stairs - why have a dead row of Tiles with a slanty non-weatherproof area?)
BUT - the roof does not match up right...

I have the same, Catherine

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1778 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 5:59 PM
How would affect the rest of the roof if you pitched that part a few degrees lower?
Don't the roofs just match up if you have the standard 45 degrees, like in TS3?

I come in peace
#1779 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 6:17 PM
How would affect the rest of the roof if you pitched that part a few degrees lower?
Don't the roofs just match up if you have the standard 45 degrees, like in TS3?

No. They don't. *sigh*
I pitched the lower roof section down 1 degree - it makes it somewhat better.

I added the garage - and now I'm shrinking it, and about to go back in game....

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1780 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 8:32 PM
No. They don't. *sigh*
I pitched the lower roof section down 1 degree - it makes it somewhat better.

I added the garage - and now I'm shrinking it, and about to go back in game....

How do you shrink lots with walls in lot edges?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#1781 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
How do you shrink lots with walls in lot edges?

The wall can be perpendicular to the edge - but not ON/along the edge.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1782 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 9:35 PM
Johnny when is your birthday? I just found your birthplace converted to the Sims could be sweet present.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1783 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 9:52 PM
I'm impressed, it looks awesome!
I'd love it as a present, my birthday is June 26

No. They don't. *sigh*

That's kind of stupid, I think I never noticed that.
Oh well.

I come in peace
#1784 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 10:27 PM
...my birthday is June 26

OMGOMGOMG!!! So is mine! 6/26 - but I bet my year has way more 6's in it than yours does

Here's mine done: all three houses are the same, except for the outer sides (the ends have garage doors.)
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1785 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 10:50 PM
Wow! Looks wounderful! Do whatever you want, Cat, just don't publish it with this sign XD
That would be bad b-day present actually because you could not use it in your game, Johnny. My mom's gonna say ".... What should I do with that?" or " Why do I need a wheel, if I don't have a car".

Alchemist
#1786 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 1:00 AM
Please Cat, upload yours too. Vic is right, it looks wonderful!
The bench and the sunflowers are a great touch, we had that too.

Also awesome the we share our birthdays
How many 6's do you have?

I come in peace
#1787 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 3:45 PM
I did not finish the house yet. I'd like to have any expectation about how bedroom and kitchen should look. And maybe living room also. I stuck with house interior.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1788 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 8th Jun 2021 at 8:55 PM.
Simple tile floors for kitchen and bathrooms, patterns are too rural. And I'd hide the chimney. I like the fireplace in the corner, though.
I'd also just put a closet where you have the en-suite, since it doesn't make a lot of sense

I come in peace
#1789 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 9:48 PM
I worked on prepping my pictures for upload today... I just used basic place-holder furnishings - as there is no CC (and I want to CC-it-up when I get it into my real game.)

Here are my floorplan shots:
I kept the kitchen bar/counter (it's updated!)
And I added a fireplace - even though you said you didn't have one.
I added another bathroom to the 3rd floor. And, added the extra bedroom on the 2nd floor.

I really like the side view garage picture - so I'm putting that here as a preview too!

Thank you for sharing you childhood home's design
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1790 Old 8th Jun 2021 at 10:55 PM
Sweet, and you keep surprising me; the full paneled walls in the stairwell are true to our RL interior

I never would have expected that 2 versions would show up, so I'm double glad I dared to share

Now lets see what inspiration I can scoop up for the future..

I come in peace
#1791 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 11:58 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 9th Jun 2021 at 12:13 PM.
Simple tile floors for kitchen and bathrooms, patterns are too rural.

Ok I removed to plain white tiles and used all the items from Seasons.
And I'd hide the chimney.I like the fireplace in the corner, though.

Well, I can't just hide the chimney or even delete it. Any manipulations with chimneys with fireplaces could make it lose interactions menu or make sims stuck. Also fireplaces can't share one chimney. So I end up with fireplace removal and keep chimney roof piece with top cap. Same as been at your birthplace.
I'd also just put a closet where you have the en-suite, since it doesn't make a lot of sense

I removed the chimney and moved tiny en-suite to full bath. 4BD 2.5BA is way better then 4BD 1.5BA. Both in real life and Sims. I know it really!
And firnished back yard and removed one wardrobe to leave room for skilling item. Have you or your parents ever interested in boxing? :D
Looks like I finished. But... actually not. I have three more apartments.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#1792 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 4:18 PM
What I meant with hiding the chimney, was just enclosing it with a wall. That's how I usually do it. And yes, having more baths is always useful, the en-suite wouldn't make sense from a plumbing point of of view, plus we lived just fine with 1.5 BA :D
My brother had a punching bag in his room for a few years, indeed, can a Sim normally navigate the skill building room?

I come in peace
#1793 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 6:45 PM
Happy soon-to-be-Birthday, @Johnny_Bravo - the BravoHouse is up

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1794 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 6:57 PM
What I meant with hiding the chimney, was just enclosing it with a wall. That's how I usually do it. And yes, having more baths is always useful, the en-suite wouldn't make sense from a plumbing point of of view, plus we lived just fine with 1.5 BA :D

Yikes! 1.5 BA is not enough for 4 bedrooms! I have not ever seen such apartment, but I guess that make sence for 90s. I live in a apartment. We moved there in 1988. We has one bedroom, one living, kitchen and bath. My neighbors in this house and nearby who has from two to three bedrooms, also has one bath.
To note that my friends who had their flat recently has already 2BR 2BA. And they said all flats with two rooms and higher has already two bathrooms. That seems became common.
So I really think there is a sence to have tiny room in master's bedroom, could be applied to utility, insuite or walk-in closet.

My brother had a punching bag in his room for a few years, indeed, can a Sim normally navigate the skill building room?

We usually call it cabinets. Aren't we? Your house might have such amenities only with bedroom reuse.

Alchemist
#1795 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 9:58 PM
Cat, I love it!

Yikes! 1.5 BA is not enough for 4 bedrooms!

I don't know, it worked, and all of my friends' homes had 1.5 BA aswell. I know of one mansion here in the area which has 3 BA (1 for 2 bedrooms, 1 master, and 1 gym)
and 2 Half-Baths. Our current home has 2 BA for 3 bedrooms. Newer homes usually have 2 BA, but older ones usually 1.5, or even just 1. Even the large homes.

I come in peace
#1796 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 11:09 PM
I don't know, it worked, and all of my friends' homes had 1.5 BA aswell. I know of one mansion here in the area which has 3 BA (1 for 2 bedrooms, 1 master, and 1 gym)
and 2 Half-Baths. Our current home has 2 BA for 3 bedrooms. Newer homes usually have 2 BA, but older ones usually 1.5, or even just 1. Even the large homes.

I was meant the same ^__^

Well done, Catherine. Congratulations! What did you said about washing pets? Like somethin they can not be washed in shower-tub combos?

Mad Poster
#1797 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 1:07 AM
...they can not be washed in shower-tub combos?

No, they cannot be washed in just a shower. You need a tub (or tub/shower combo) to wash the large dogs - AND the 2T in front of the tub must be open. Even then, it sometimes doesn't work you really should test every time. *sigh*

Here's the silly little thing I worked on today...
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1798 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 8:44 AM
Google said that Mr. Roboto is a meme from 80s based on Styx's song.
Now I ma curious too about 6s in your birth date if you remember Styx.

Theorist
#1799 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 2:07 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 12th Jun 2021 at 5:19 AM.
You need a tub (or tub/shower combo) to wash the large dogs - AND the 2T in front of the tub must be open. Even then, it sometimes doesn't work you really should test every time. *sigh*

Indeed, things like being able to bathe dogs is something that should be tested every time.
Aside from having both squares in front of a tub clear, another criteria to be able to bathe dogs is that the square in front of the tub where the dog will be located cannot be next to a door. Apparently, the swing radius of a door will prevent the dog from being able to bathe. (This is in a "vanilla" game that does not have any mods installed that modify Sim movement around objects.)

One of the absolute strangest things I've ever seen - and I think I already told this story many, many pages ago in this thread - was a situation where both squares in front of a tub were empty, and all other criteria were met (no swinging doors nearby, etc.), so I naturally ass-u-med that bathing dogs would not be a problem. However, on the square just behind the one where the dog would be located, I had placed a cat litter box. Still not a problem during testing, since both squares in front of the tub were empty the dogs bathed just fine.
Then I played the house for a while, with a family that had both a dog and a cat, and all of a sudden noticed that I was no longer able to bathe the dog for some reason. Nothing had changed. Both squares in front of the tub were empty and the dog actually had no problem getting in front of the tub, next to a Sim, but would not enter the tub to bathe. This left me scratching my head.
I tried removing the litter box from its square next to the dog's location and the dog was able to be bathed again.
WTF?
The difference, it turned out, was that the litter box was not a problem as long as it was empty. As soon as the cat had put some poops into it, it obstructed the dog from bathing! After I had a Sim clean the litter box, the dog was able to bathe again.
Shit like that, no pun intended, can drive you up the wall.
Theorist
#1800 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 11:56 AM
Your houses blend perfect with my house, Cat. Try to find out where are yours
Screenshots

Page 72 of 98