Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: **FIXED** Floor length vertical blinds

by boblishman Posted 27th Feb 2005 at 8:25 PM - Updated 27th Jun 2005 at 11:00 AM by boblishman : uploaded new fixed files

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Scholar
#26 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 4:30 AM Last edited by teresa7159 : 28th Feb 2005 at 4:34 AM.
Oh wow, These are great! Thank you so much. I have drapes and blinds from a couple of well known sites that revert back if put on diagonal. I work around it. I am adaptable. You guys are just great. I appreciate all your time and hard work. I will definatlely test these tonight after grandkids settle down. Thank you!

Teresa

edited because i can neither type nor spell tonight for some odd reason(a 4 year old and a two year old reason) :D
Forum Resident
#27 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 6:14 AM
I just tested your shorter blinds and was JUST thinking...hmmm these would also be nice if they were floor length - bingo! THANKS!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 12:39 PM
Am I dreaming or am I in the Matrix? Your talent is amazing. WOW! Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#29 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 9:19 PM
Hi :howdy:

Bob, These are fabulous !!!! Love them .. Thank You so much!
I did a few recolours, hope you like them.
Beki
Screenshots
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 9:31 PM
love it...downloading now!! thanx a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 12:14 AM Last edited by didi_sim : 1st Mar 2005 at 1:22 AM. Reason: Latest testing results :D
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
This is that weird thing I told you about in the first post. I'm not sure but if you delete them...and them place them again, they should be ok.

Another thing to try.... delete them....then EXIT the lot....then re-enter again.. once they fit in place, they remain stable.... (I hope)
Let me know if this sorts it out

Bob

I don't think it's the same weird thing - from what I understand, the changing back to original color happens if you put the floor length blinds to a place where there have been half length blinds before? (sorry, language problems - sometimes English is too much for me :D).

What happened in my game is that I can't place the floor length blinds to a diagonal wall at all - even if there never have been other ones . As soon as they are coming close to a diagonal wall, I get the half length version - sometimes in the color I wanted them, sometimes the red version. I'm gonna try to remove the half length blinds files for now, and see what will happen then, after I tried exiting and re-entering the lot. Thanks for your help, gonna keep you informed .

EDIT: Back from some more testing - obviously there's a conflict between both vertical blinds; as soon as the half sized ones are in my game (i.e. available in the catalog), I can't place the floor length blinds on a diagonal wall any more - they change to half length. Once I remove the half length blinds, everything's working fine.

I even tried to put the floor length ones on a diagonal wall, saved, left the game, put the half length blinds back in the downloads folder, re-started the game, went back to my lot (which was working fine before) - and guess what? The floor length blinds on the diagonal wall were just gone . After removing the half length blinds from the game and restarting again, they came back. Just to make it clear: the problem exists only for the ones I try to put on a diagonal wall - for other walls there's no problem at all. Any chance you can help me to solve this problem? I'd love to have both kinds in my game... they are soooo great .

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didi_sim
I don't think it's the same weird thing -

EDIT: Back from some more testing - obviously there's a conflict between both vertical blinds; as soon as the half sized ones are in my game (i.e. available in the catalog), I can't place the floor length blinds on a diagonal wall any more - they change to half length. Once I remove the half length blinds, everything's working fine.

Just checked the files and found the problem. Thank you didi-sim for actually TESTing them, not just downloading them... I know what the problem is but I can't fix them tonight.... will be sometime tomorrow evening. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.... Just shows, the testers are JUST as important as the creator!!... :howdy:

Bob
The ModFather
retired moderator
#33 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 9:02 AM
Boblishman, please tell me if you fix this problem: is the same I had with Buntah's curtains and I still couldn't manage to fix it. Buntah's curtains, when placed in diagonal, use the shape of your "wavy" floor-lenght curtains, the one that I helped you to fix...
Field Researcher
#34 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:34 AM
They Look great, thank you !
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:35 AM
Problem fixed now ...all downloads will overwrite your previous ones...

enjoy,

Bob
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 1:58 AM
Truly excellent work...can't wait to test these! Love stuff that really add to the realism of the game. Fantastic detail!!
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 6:32 AM
I redownloaded twice the said newest version but found the revision date and sizes of all the files are exactly the same as of 27thFeb., I also found the newest TSR MissBeki's vertical blind recolours is attached with your meshes files dated revision 28th, I am a little confused which files are your latest updates???
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 9:44 AM Last edited by boblishman : 2nd Mar 2005 at 9:47 AM.
:werd: DOH!!!....I can design a mesh, make a package, figure out the diagonal references, colour enable, map a texture, ammend GMDC's ....but can't upload the right bl**dy files!!! ...... SORRY!! ... (but I was very tired last night!! )..... the ones posted are correct now..

Thank you for letting me know!!
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 11:46 AM
Thank you so much for taking your time to send me the new files :salute: I can't wait to try them out. Although the old files seemed perfectly fine in my game, I wouldn't want to miss any of your updates! :D
Forum Resident
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 12:41 PM
These are truly terrific, many many thanx for sharing them with us, downloading now.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:35 AM
i was so tired of curtains, thank you lots... :baloons: for you.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:44 AM
will test these I love the way they look in the pics can't wait to try them in the game and thank you I have everything you have made and it all works and looks great in the game
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:21 PM Last edited by tygomitch : 3rd Mar 2005 at 11:40 PM.
bobl_longverticalblinds_diag270205.package
Please where do i find this file
Thanks in advance

Sorry, find it in the zip.I was tired and sometimes misunderstand english
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 12:59 AM
WOW Bob these are great. Thanks
Field Researcher
#45 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 3:05 AM
Just popped in to say that "my" blinds are working perfectly in my University town. Great work, Boblishman......and again, thank you so much!
#46 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 8:18 PM
I can't find the files for this - the zip file included in a previous post in this thread gives me an error "...zip file is invalid or corrupt." I'd really like to use these in my game - can someone direct me to the correct files to download? Thanks!
Banned
#47 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss beki
Hi :howdy:

Bob, These are fabulous !!!! Love them .. Thank You so much!
I did a few recolours, hope you like them.
Beki

I love the wallpaper and that plant that was in those pics! please please please tell me where you got them!
#48 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 5:10 PM
Lovin your work - thanks for sharing.
Jules x
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 11:42 PM
I love them! Actually this is what my husband does for a living, he installs commercial window treatments like these. He says they're cool. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 11:45 AM
Yay! I have your short blinds and have had no probs cant wait to match the decor with these long ones, cheers boblish
Page 2 of 4