Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 10:30 PM Last edited by kamilkos : 31st May 2021 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Updating todo list
Default TESTING TIME - Remastered The Sims 2 Launcher
IT'S TIME FOR SOME TESTING!

If you want to try and test my launcher, here you are:
DOWNLOAD LINK

Windows SmartScreen will probably want to block the app because of unknown source or creator. You just need to allow the app once and it should be ok!

Please give me feedback about anything you find broken or there are problems with.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To do:
  • add built-in MTS browser
  • fix Ultimate Collection Splash problem - fixed
  • fix Ultimate Collection CC and install detect problems - fixed
  • fix too much CC problem - fixed
  • add missing translations
  • fix flickering on scrollboxes - fixed
  • performance optimization - partially done

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'd like to show you my remastered The Sims 2 Launcher. I want to know your opinions, suggestions and any other comments about it.

The Launcher has bigger icons, custom title bar and options for full screen, resolution and language.

If you noticed a "Splash" checkbox then let me show you what it does!

It displays your newest expansion pack logo for a few seconds, before the game loads.

If you are interested in my launcher, let me know!

Special thanks to mate54 for helping with Ultimate Collection support.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:13 PM
I love how you are still keeping with the TS2 aesthetics with your launcher! The only thing I can really give feedback on is having more options for settings like borderless widescreen, Sims2RPC, Enabled/Disabled Custom Content.

Will your launcher will also launch BodyShop or is it just The Sims 2 game only?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 4:42 PM
It looks that it works well with Windows 10 (correct me if I'm mistaken). You don't have to change UAC settings for this launcher to avoid 'this app has been blocked for your protection' message? I get this message with TS2 Launcher, so I have to bypass it. I'd rather leave UAC settings as they are. They exist for some reason.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMple
I love how you are still keeping with the TS2 aesthetics with your launcher! The only thing I can really give feedback on is having more options for settings like borderless widescreen, Sims2RPC, Enabled/Disabled Custom Content.

Will your launcher will also launch BodyShop or is it just The Sims 2 game only?

I can try adding all these options. Ty for suggestions!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meduza
It looks that it works well with Windows 10 (correct me if I'm mistaken). You don't have to change UAC settings for this launcher to avoid 'this app has been blocked for your protection' message? I get this message with TS2 Launcher, so I have to bypass it. I'd rather leave UAC settings as they are. They exist for some reason.

Yeah, it doesn't have problem with that.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 12:27 AM
This doesn't have the hotloading of .asi like RPC does, does it?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
This doesn't have the hotloading of .asi like RPC does, does it?

I can try to add RPC support, so all it's functions would work with my launcher.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th May 2021 at 3:27 PM
I like this idea, it's nice to know that the launcher can be improved! What does the "Game Version" button represent? The version of base game that is installed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2021 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
I like this idea, it's nice to know that the launcher can be improved! What does the "Game Version" button represent? The version of base game that is installed?

Yeah, it's just visual. An idea for adding more icons. Probably gonna remove it, don't know yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th May 2021 at 9:14 PM
Quick update! I added things, which you asked for:
- You can launch body shop

- There is a RPC integration

- You can disable/enable CC

And also a few appearance changes like:
- Launcher is a little shorter
- Rays behind plumbob are rotating

- Other changes of sizes and positions
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th May 2021 at 12:43 PM
Hello, your launcher looks so pretty! I especially interested in changing language option.
Can you upload it, please?
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th May 2021 at 12:30 PM
Hi! I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here, but the play button is greyed out and the launcher can't find my cc folder. Other than that, I'm excited to see modern sims stuff and nostalgia coming together, brilliant work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th May 2021 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazlo-curious
Hi! I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here, but the play button is greyed out and the launcher can't find my cc folder. Other than that, I'm excited to see modern sims stuff and nostalgia coming together, brilliant work!

That means the launcher didn't find your game files, hmmm... I'll dig into it.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th May 2021 at 8:25 PM
Is The Sims 2 the only name it can recognize for the user folder? I have Ultimate Collection installed, with The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection user folder, so maybe that's the problem? I get the unhandled exception error too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th May 2021 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Is The Sims 2 the only name it can recognize for the user folder? I have Ultimate Collection installed, with The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection user folder, so maybe that's the problem? I get the unhandled exception error too.

Please read private message.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th May 2021 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazlo-curious

You can download it again. The problem should be fixed.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st May 2021 at 10:53 PM
Hello! I downloaded the latest version of your launcher and it freezes and throws CLR20r3 error when I try to click custom content button.

Previous version worked pretty good but it threw another error ("The element with the same key was added already", it's not exact text but my translation because my OS is not English). It let me opening CC menu though if I proceeded. Here's how it looked:
Code:
System.ArgumentException: Элемент с тем же ключом уже был добавлен.    в System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)    в System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)    в Sims2Launcher.CustomContentForm.CustomContentForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)    в System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)    в System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()    в System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)    в System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()    в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)    в System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)    в System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)    в System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)    в System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)    в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)    в System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)    в System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)   ************** Загруженные сборки ************** mscorlib     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.4110.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- Sims2Launcher     Версия сборки: 1.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 1.0.0.0     CodeBase: file:///H:/Sims2/MG/TSBin/Sims2Launcher.exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic     Версия сборки: 10.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 14.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.4110.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.4110.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.4110.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Runtime.Remoting     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll ---------------------------------------- Accessibility     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll ---------------------------------------- mscorlib.resources     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.7.2558.0 built by: NET471REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_ru_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms.resources     Версия сборки: 4.0.0.0     Версия Win32: 4.7.2558.0 built by: NET471REL1     CodeBase: file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_ru_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll ----------------------------------------
Space Pony
#18 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 2:13 AM
Is this project still active? I hope so because it's just what I'm looking for. I'm unable to download it though, because it says it's infected.

pronouns: they/them
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin
Is this project still active? I hope so because it's just what I'm looking for. I'm unable to download it though, because it says it's infected.

ModTheSims won't let people post files with viruses. Just make a copy to your own Drive and download the copy.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 6:01 AM
Only now stumbling across this. Love the features, downloading it now. Hope this project gets picked up again.