Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:35 PM
Can someone post the converted hairs that have been completed? Or perhaps post a "how-to" guide on how it's done would be great too!

I think this is fantastic and a huge step for Sims 4 modding.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:13 AM
i would love long hair for guys in-game and maybe some re-makes of the TS3 male hair styles. Is that do-able?? or is it too soon to know? owo; cuz if someone gets the full conversion of female to male hair working in the game id love to download it! owo;
Field Researcher
#28 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Lunar Eclipse, have you tried re-cloning it from game files? Demo is not compatible with the full game, see the sticky.

Yea... I did try that, it was still not working. I'll try again, maybe I messed something up.

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Field Researcher
#29 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by killer-chan
i would love long hair for guys in-game and maybe some re-makes of the TS3 male hair styles. Is that do-able?? or is it too soon to know? owo; cuz if someone gets the full conversion of female to male hair working in the game id love to download it! owo;

I tried to fix it and used the suggestion by Plasticbox above, but the bone assignments still don't seem to be working. I'll try again in a bit though because I really want to get this working... but I'm kinda engrossed in playing atm, lol... ^_^;

Eclipse Sims 4 on tumblr
~°*CAS Custom Content Downloads*°~
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunar Eclipse
I tried to fix it and used the suggestion by Plasticbox above, but the bone assignments still don't seem to be working. I'll try again in a bit though because I really want to get this working... but I'm kinda engrossed in playing atm, lol... ^_^;

me and im sure alot of others are wondering about it because i actually said before i bought it "if they dont have my long haired male cuties im gonna take the game back!" ^^;; were counting on you!!~ <3 im playing it too but im sad that i cant have my long hair man~ D: if i knew how to mod id woulda tried it as well xD; but i have zero talent
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#31 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:11 PM
The demo meshes and game meshes store the bone assignments in a different order. I've had some success with converting them and will upload the tool if it tests out.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
Thank you MomoDa
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:33 PM
How do you put the hair into men's hair?
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:45 AM
Need more heavy metal hair!
Scholar
#35 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:37 AM
Lunar Eclipse, I love you. Thank you so much for the downloads. :lovestruc

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Field Researcher
#36 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:35 PM
*Jumps in*

I managed to make a working conversion for the full game! Here's how it looks:

And here's what I did:

-Used Cmar's mesh cloner tool to clone the female mesh I wanted to convert *and* to clone a male hair to use as base (I chose one of the "longer" hairs for males, though I'm not sure if that makes any difference)
-Did the same process mentioned at the beginning of this thread: opened the female mesh in S4PE, exported textures and Geoms, then opened the male mesh and replaced everything there.
-Used Color Magic 0.5.2 to make additional swatches.

Here is the final result, where you can also download the hair, if you want :D

One note: I originally followed the process you guys did to make the hair work in the demo and then tried to make the package work in the full game using Cmar's "Convert demo to game" tool, but it didn't work D: looks like one needs to re-clone the mesh from the TS4 (full game) base files to make it work, as plasticbox suggested. Hope my explanations were clear! D:
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#37 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM
Hey, awesome! \o/

Very convenient that everyone is getting so much done before I even have the game .. =P

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:18 PM
Haha, thank you! The quantity of cc that is already out for the game is amazing indeed, everything seems so easy to make compared to TS3 when it first came out

...Which is probably going to be a *very* bad thing for our poor mods folders, lol.
Test Subject
#39 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Astraea Nevermore
*Jumps in*

I managed to make a working conversion for the full game!

OMFG thank you so much!!! i finally made my hunk <3 cant thank you enough! if you can maybe convert the other one luna had? *0* i would love to download that one too -huggssss-
Test Subject
#40 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:34 PM
Thank you Astraea! Very nice work.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:16 PM
Thank you both, glad you like it! As for fixing LunarEclipse's conversions... if needed, I might try to help and see if I can make them work for the game, sure! ^^ But I'm gonna wait for Lunar's response first, since I read they were going to work on them again
Scholar
#42 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:17 PM
Thank you both, glad you like it! As for fixing LunarEclipse's conversions... if needed, I might try to help and see if I can make them work for the game, sure! ^^ But I'm gonna wait for Lunar's response first, since I read they were going to work on them again

Astraea, your first F2M was the first CC I put in my game.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Astraea, your first F2M was the first CC I put in my game.

D'aaaw, thank you! :lovestruc

A little heads up about the hair: I've been told that the game doesn't seem to recognize the file if you put it in a sub-subfolder. I had no idea because with TS3 and TS4 I'm only using one subfolder for each cc category, but I thought of writing it here as well in case anyone uses multiple subfolders and was wondering why the hair didn't show up
Scholar
#44 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM
D'aaaw, thank you! :lovestruc

A little heads up about the hair: I've been told that the game doesn't seem to recognize the file if you put it in a sub-subfolder. I had no idea because with TS3 and TS4 I'm only using one subfolder for each cc category, but I thought of writing it here as well in case anyone uses multiple subfolders and was wondering why the hair didn't show up

Sub sub folders works, you just have to modify the resource.cfg file to recognize more levels of sub folders. I guess this was also a ts3 thing. (And your hair does work in my mods/hair/male folder.)
Field Researcher
#45 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:29 PM Last edited by Astraea Nevermore : 6th Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Sub sub folders works, you just have to modify the resource.cfg file to recognize more levels of sub folders. I guess this was also a ts3 thing. (And your hair does work in my mods/hair/male folder.)

D'aaaaw, thank you so much! 8D I had another person telling me the same on Tumblr just a few seconds ago as well, that's good to know! I never tried the resource.cfg editing thing, I will look into it!

Edit: I guess the steps to follow to edit the resource.cfg file would be similar to these, right? (it's for TS3, but when I looked into the resource.cfg file for TS4, the structure looked similar)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#46 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 4:02 PM
Astarea, it's basically like TS3 -- but to make sure, see the sticky in TA4 help: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=691 for exact instructions.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Astarea, it's basically like TS3 -- but to make sure, see the sticky in TA4 help: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=691 for exact instructions.

Oh God, I just noticed that, lol! Thanks for the link, I completely missed it!
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
I have Astraea's hair in a subfolder and it works for me, I haven't modified anything.

I have a request, if anybody is capable - is it possible to get this hair converted for males? I attempted to do it myself and I've screwed it up hilariously. I'm an artist who knows more about texture painting and recoloring, but getting the models to work is another story. @_@
Field Researcher
#49 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by growly beast
I have Astraea's hair in a subfolder and it works for me, I haven't modified anything.

I have a request, if anybody is capable - is it possible to get this hair converted for males? I attempted to do it myself and I've screwed it up hilariously. I'm an artist who knows more about texture painting and recoloring, but getting the models to work is another story. @_@

Yay! As for converting that hair... I'll admit I was kinda planning to do it as well ^^ I could try and see what happens!

Quote: Originally posted by FoxyScorpion
Hello, I just have a quick question. I'm able to extract the textures from s4pe into dds files, but not the GEOMS. Anybody have any ideas as to what the problem could be, or what I should do?

Let's see... what did you use to clone the item you want to extract the GEOMS from? If, by any chance, you used something like Color Magic, you won't be able to see any GEOMs in the package when you open it in S4PE, 'cos Color Magic will export only the textures and CASP. To get the GEOMS, you'll have to use Cmar's Mesh tools to clone the item you need. Once you're in S4PE, open the package you cloned using the mesh tool, then right click on the GEOM you want to export and select "export as file" Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxyScorpion
I didn't realize you had to export them as file, I thought perhaps you could export them as dds (which you can't do with GEOMs, only with textures). Should you also export the textures as file, or as dds?

No, "export to .dds" is correct for textures, only GEOMS should be exported as files
Page 2 of 3