Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Working Sim's Bed - Minor bug fix 5.4.2014

by ani_ Posted 19th Mar 2010 at 8:48 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_ : change one wrong client word to soliciter.

448 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 374 Feedback Posts, 73 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 18
Instructor
#51 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 8:00 PM
Kudo to the mod!!
Great creative work, ani!!
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 8:00 PM
Now I can make ho's... fo sho Thanks, this will definitely be entertaining lol

--(:-0) THE MONKEYS ARE BACK!! Quick, grab the super ultra-super evaporating cosmic blasting plasma laser beam ultra fine configured supercalafragalisticexpialadotious weapons of choice and start firing before they get to the underwear drawer!! (:-0)--
Test Subject
#53 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 8:27 PM
This is so great, just perfect for my brothel...
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 9:41 PM
This is effin awesome. Now my sims have a reason to wear all those mini dresses out there.

"I didn't lose my mind, it ran away and refuses to come home"
I am like an oreo cookie, sweet at first but I cause cavities.
I R A pirate. Arr!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 9:59 PM
You rock!! This is so much fun. I have a male whore house!! You did Dexter. That's my favorite toy. Thank you
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 10:29 PM
This has got to be the most creative addition to Sims3 to date. What a totally cool and hilarious premise. Well done. Seems a lot of work went into this and I thank you. It is much appreciate.
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 11:38 PM
Thank you very much I got it working and it works great !!!
Scholar
#58 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 12:05 AM
This mod is pretty interesting, even though prostitution is real (the oldest profession in the world) it's just a sims game after all.it's a pretty clever mod, Thanks for making a game more slightly mature.
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 12:11 AM
I downloaded this and it appears in my game, but it doesn't work for me. When I click on it, it says there are no actions available. I tried it three different times: once with a husband of a household, once with the wife of the same household, and even once with their teenage daughter. I do have the bed mod that lets teens have romantic interactions. Would that interfere with this mod? Can anyone help me please? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 12:26 AM
Haha perfect timing, I was just trying to make a brothel for my sims. Thank you so much, this is gonna be a hoot!!!!

Save The Trees... Kill A Beaver!!!
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 2:32 AM Last edited by AD85 : 21st Mar 2010 at 3:07 AM.
@ ani_: A really funny mod you made here! But it’s incompatible to my core mod. Who of us should fix this? I think, I’ll do so, because I’ve already found out what the problem is.
I think your design makes it much too easy to earn money by usage of that object. No, I don’t want you to reduce the payout further, I would even like it if you increase it to §50 base payment and maybe make it dependent of the charisma level squared (so level 10 will make you earn §5000). I mean, that the solicitor can control whether and when a woohoo takes place. I believe in reality he/she can only offer his/her services and the client delivers the demand as he/she gives the money. Perhaps you can define a special relaxing interaction and/or remove the linking to the class for the normal beds, so that you can use this object only for work (also seems more hygienic). But that’s only my idea, in the end you decide how the further development will look like. The greatest advantage of the Sims 3 system architecture definitely is that there are no limits to your fantasy.

@ Lil_Sexy_Flirt and RoadRageBarbie: It’s interesting how many people are using my core without thanking it. Shame on you!

@ Lil_Sexy_Flirt: The “conflicting” file is the engine, that means the core itself. It does not conflict in the classical way, it’s only the fact that I added an argument to one method in the core to make my oopsie baby feature include fertility treatment in its calculations. Ani_’s object now calls the original method which no longer exists (methods are distinguished by name, returned value type and arguments). In the fixed version, I’ll very likely upload tomorrow, a copy of the original method is included, which will be obsolete without this special bed.

@ tisa5409: It is already compatible to the base game, I checked it last night, but you'll have to apply patch 1.10 to it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 6:08 AM
AD85: Thanks for clearing up why the mod was not working for those two users §5000 for one woohoo is impossible in my world as I have the 10x bills hack and 99% of my population won't be able to pay for the service even with this version if the soliciter is maxed on charisma.

I'v decided that my next mod, as well as version two of this mod will have all it's static values, inserted into an xml. For example the pay, the time moodlets stay and how much they effect you, as well as precentages of pregnancy and std. Then the users can make the mod more suitable for their own game.
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 3:03 PM
it's great. But unfortunately it's creating Blue Lots ;/ I check in this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 3:08 PM
Hi

I think you did a great job on this, though I've come across a problem after downloading and trying it out in the game. The problem I've came across is when I click on my elderly male to woohoo his elderly female, a "try for baby" icon comes up. So I thought okay, let's try for baby. Well the elderly female gets pregneat, and then after 3 days she goes into labor, but here's the problem. She will not go to the hospital, nor will she'll do anything but stand around in labor. She doesn't have the baby at all. The only thing you can do with her is direct her around, she doesn't have free will to do anything. So, if you use this program, do not get your elderly pregneat, or she'll get stuck in labor for the rest of her life.

Other than that, I love this program.
Test Subject
#65 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:42 PM
This is wonderful! lol also it seems to work perfectly with only the base game installed
Test Subject
#66 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 7:31 PM
Hoping this may help others, here is how I resolved my problem as I too could not get the mod to work. I used ani's link to the 'automatic' framework and it showed I did not have all the necessary files. Once corrected the bed still wouldn't show any options in my Sims Hooker Hotel.
I purchased another bed for my sims home lot and sure enough, the options showed up. Keeping it simple I replaced a bed in my hotel and it worked! I've now replaced all working beds and my sim is a happy hooker since she made $450 simoleans from her first John LOL!!
Happy hooking fellow Simmers and thanks again ani, this is too fun!
Test Subject
#67 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 7:41 PM
Bobbo662, have you tried resetting your elderly sim?
Press (ctrl)+ (shift)+ c to bring up the cheat codes box, type in:
reset sim [first name] [last name] – they state your sim should be at home not in community view when resetting.
I've had to use this a few times with my teen sims although I've never had a pregnant elder. Good luck
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 8:50 PM
ZuzZzZaDT: Thanks for the link, will find the info for fixing the blue lot thing.

Bobbo662: Can you please give more info on your bug. Where they using this bed, or you just clicked on the sim and the interaction came up? There are only four new interactions added to the bed, and none are try for baby. Also, try without other mods with only this bed added to your mod folder to see can you reproduce it.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 11:38 PM
Is this a core mod or XML only?
Test Subject
#70 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 12:53 AM
Absolutely fabulous!~ Although bein' a "sim of the night" might be WRONG lol UNFORTUNATELY it's true to live-- which is pretty funny. I admire your tenacity!!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 1:47 AM
Hey there,

LOVE this mod, had two interesting things happen since using it. Had a massive fire on my property and everything burned (i downloaded the More intense fire by zaroba so im not sure what the link may or may not be) but the fire burned up your modded bed, and i replaced it but it was still a burnt up bed. All the options were available, so it was that the game didnt replace the graphics or whatever it does (im not a modder) I fixed it by manually deleting the bed and replacing it with a new one, but i thought you might be interested for version two I think i will also do a test minus the fire mod for ya and report back too

the other thing that happened was that my teen sim fell preggers to one of her clients, and simmilarly to Bobbo662 and she got stuck in labour, eventually it came to the point where she should have given birth and she just stopped and stood there (still "baby is coming" moodlet and action, which i couldnt delete.) I tried reset sim and it did nothing. I am thinking here it could be to do with the fact that this is both and elder and a teen whom are not supposed to be able to do pregnancy and birth? I am a bit miffed tho (at myself, not you) as she was in my broke family and now i might have to start over (cos i am THAT stupid, i did not back up my games) lols, but i am thinking i will make a slutty adult EDIT: actually i might make a slutty family and get them all pregnant via the mod lol: and test it out on them too, i will use only your bed as the mod. Will hopefully report back tomorrow!
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bobbo662
Hi

I think you did a great job on this, though I've come across a problem after downloading and trying it out in the game. The problem I've came across is when I click on my elderly male to woohoo his elderly female, a "try for baby" icon comes up. So I thought okay, let's try for baby. Well the elderly female gets pregneat, and then after 3 days she goes into labor, but here's the problem. She will not go to the hospital, nor will she'll do anything but stand around in labor. She doesn't have the baby at all. The only thing you can do with her is direct her around, she doesn't have free will to do anything. So, if you use this program, do not get your elderly pregneat, or she'll get stuck in labor for the rest of her life.

Other than that, I love this program.

Just incase this is an issue that doesn't get fixed right away, and anyone else gets accidentally pregnant, I'd suggest the abortion clinic non core mod hosted here on MTS. And as for The Extended Core.. I had removed any options pertaining to the bed before testing this, so I didn't imagine the core engine would create any possible conflicts. All apologies. Looking forward to a work around. My hooker has expensive taste and needs to earn some cash...
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:59 AM
Ok that was fun. Never tested a mod before hehe, hope i have done this ok and that anything i discovered helps.) I took out all the mods in my game except this one. Then i made a family of 6 -3 males, 3 females (one each of teen, young adult, and elder). I had them use the bed in a variety of ways (always via the mod options, but with various parings) until all 3 females were pregnant (i had to get rid of a male for that) THEN i moved out one male, and killed off the other, so only the females were left. They went through their pregnancys, the elder and the teen became floating heads. The teen went into labour first, laboured all day, then the adult went into labour, i sent her to hospital (was unable to send the teen to hospital) the adult came back with her bouncing baby boy, and the teen was still labouring, so i used the reset sim cheat, this improved her mood (she was pretty hungry) but did not remove the im having a baby buff, nor did it make it possible for her to interact with anything. I eventually deleted her with move objects on. Then the elder went into labour, laboured for two days, peed herself 3 times, and passed out several times, and got very very hungry. I thought i would then test the fire thing out so i lit a fire in an oven i put next to the Working Sims Bed and it spread around, and the bed caught fire and burned, then my adult sim caught fire and died :S the elder stood there freaking out (but still with the babys coming buff) and after the fire burned out she stood there, unable to interact with anything and still with the labor buff. SO my conclusion is that this is more of an issue with the game being unable to support the event of teen/elder birth. The fire issue, i had to use the testing cheats to add a neighbor to the household, and then replaced the bed in live mode, it came up as a black bed, usable but looking all burned. SO that seems to be something in the mod too.

Hope this has been helpful. I had fun, might have to volunteer to test some other mods :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:13 AM
jazzem: Thanks alot for the detailed explenation of the bug. For now I'll put the warning on the front page to abort if teens/elders became pregnant. Will be fixed for v2.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 5:30 AM
Thank you for this!! I played around with this mod and it seems that all the rich guys (Landgraab, Goth & Alto) in Sunset Valley have an STD. LOL! My girl needs to get some medicine ASAP! I thought it was funny that right after she woohooed Nick Alto, she got the "creeped out" moodlet! LOL!

Thanks again!!
Page 3 of 18