Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Working Sim's Bed - Minor bug fix 5.4.2014

by ani_ Posted 19th Mar 2010 at 8:48 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_ : change one wrong client word to soliciter.

448 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 374 Feedback Posts, 73 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 18
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 9:29 AM
This sounds cool I loved making sims2 bordellos with LizziLove's bed. Is there a way to change the wording though? In Australia, a solicitor is a type of Lawyer (LOL) and it sounds weird. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 11:10 AM
LadyAngua: Not until V2, where I will put all the texts into stbl files and then people can change them easily. Now it's still hard coded.
Test Subject
#78 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 1:22 PM
@ RoadRageBarbie: When your Sims already entered labour, the abortion is not longer available at the hospital. The only solution I know for this case is to allow giving birth for teens and elders.

@ jazzem and Bobbo662: Giving birth is disallowed via some ITUNs (interaction tuning). These are a kind of xml and can be manipulated quite easily. I attached a package with corrected resources. Install it to your game! Your Sims should now be able to complete their pregnancies successfully. But very probably you have to cancel the current give birth interaction first, resetsim might help. Please report back whether this solved your problem!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Give Birth Fix.rar (895 Bytes, 58 downloads)
Test Subject
#79 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:26 PM
This mod is great thanks, I was wodering of were possible to make the Attractive and Eye Candy life time rewards earn you a little bit more money just a thought.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AD85
@ RoadRageBarbie: When your Sims already entered labour, the abortion is not longer available at the hospital. The only solution I know for this case is to allow giving birth for teens and elders.

@ jazzem and Bobbo662: Giving birth is disallowed via some ITUNs (interaction tuning). These are a kind of xml and can be manipulated quite easily. I attached a package with corrected resources. Install it to your game! Your Sims should now be able to complete their pregnancies successfully. But very probably you have to cancel the current give birth interaction first, resetsim might help. Please report back whether this solved your problem!

Oh, I never had this problem. I know by the time you're giving birth it's too late. I was just suggesting it for future use. Anyhow, now that I have your core mod installed it doesn't matter. I'm cruel. I'm kind of a fan of knocking up poor teen girls.
Test Subject
#81 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 7:54 PM
what mods conflict with this object

Part of the Exotic/Unnatural Sims club
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:40 AM
Wonderful idea! I laughed so hard when I saw this! I do have a problem though. I am also having the issue with no interactions available when I move my cursor over the bed. I would install the framework auto installer but I have a Mac. I followed the instructions to the letter, downloading the .dll file from the manual instruction page linked in your post but it still is not working. Any suggestions?

"Constant vigilance!!!" -Mad Eye Moody
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:11 AM
Ani,

Just a couple of spelling corrections that i have noticed from the screenshots,

Participents should read "Participants"
Soliciter should read "Solicitor"

I figured you might be interested.

Neat idea by the way.

~Jason
Test Subject
#84 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
This sounds cool I loved making sims2 bordellos with LizziLove's bed. Is there a way to change the wording though? In Australia, a solicitor is a type of Lawyer (LOL) and it sounds weird. Thank you.

Use Postal the package editor and export the hex file "S3_073faa07_00000000_dc7352352dcd1dbc.script" and then use a hex editor to change the names.

Probably not the easiest way, but it works for me :D
Test Subject
#85 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 3:40 AM
Ani, I also noticed that the moodlet manager does not seem to work anymore since I installed this mod.
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 4:17 AM
damn it.. :/
do this for unexpanded game too :/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:22 AM
fuu-chan: If you can't even see any interactions, the frame work is not working for you. If you have WA, you need the dll in the WA folder as well, if you have HELS you need a copy in there too.

TathiWitch: Somebody tried it out withou WA and it worked.

EvilJason: Will check out the moodlet manager, I don't normally use them.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:32 AM
Wow! I AM going to start a game just to try it out.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#89 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:31 PM
wont work with my mods please help (will work if I remove the core mod)

Part of the Exotic/Unnatural Sims club
Test Subject
#90 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:58 PM
nice mod! but unfortunately my sim got pregnant on the second time... not even enough money for the abortion >_>
Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:39 PM
Can't get this to work at all. And I really don't want to hear the "your framework isn't working" line. I downloaded the .dll file and installed everything correctly but the bed still doesn't give me any options when I hover over it. If the framework isn't working, tell us how to fix it. Please. I went through all the trouble of making a family and a house to use these beds in and now I can't even use them.
Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
fuu-chan: If you can't even see any interactions, the frame work is not working for you. If you have WA, you need the dll in the WA folder as well, if you have HELS you need a copy in there too.

EvilJason: Will check out the moodlet manager, I don't normally use them.

Thank you Ani! Copied the dll to WA and voila! Works perfectly in the shady motel in my town! Again, brilliant idea!

"Constant vigilance!!!" -Mad Eye Moody
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 9:14 PM
LOVE this does it work without WA? I downloaded it and all the functions are available, but just before they're about to woohoo, my sim gets off the bed :L the delphy framework thing says my framework is correct, so does anyone know how to fix this? x
Test Subject
#94 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_

it didn't work here... without the DLL it can be placed but without actions...
with the DLL file it can't be placed anywhere.. not even with moveobjects
Test Subject
#95 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 12:54 AM
I must say when I saw this I thought holy cow no way!!
Well then I tried it and I did not get any interactions, soooo I followed the instructions regarding the dll.
Low and behold blamO it works!!! Yays your work is AWEsOME!!
Many thanks, now how do I rid my sims of those aweful STD's???

Thanks again
Test Subject
#96 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ocrazyoko
One thing, though. Client and solicitor are the same thing. The client is the one who pays for the services, the solicitor is "one who approaches with a request or plea". You need a word for the "working" man or woman. If you can make it so it recognizes the different sexes you could use gigolo (or any other synonym) for the guys and harlot (or concubine [does that work for men too?], or hooker, etc) for the women. I can't think of a word that works for both right now.

I believe a good word for both sexes that is still low-key would be 'Companion.' =D
Test Subject
#97 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 12:34 AM
Is the blue lots issue still occurring? I am terrified of blue lots, so until I know that's cleared up I'm steering clear of this mod. Can't wait to be able to use it, though.

Also: It really bugged me, as well, that the terms client and solicitor were used incorrectly... How am I supposed to know who is the client and who is the solicitor when those are both words for the same person in the transaction. The worker is not the solicitor, the client is the one soliciting for sex, so I'm not sure which you're supposed to chose for the worker when both the other two words mean the same thing. ^^;;

Otherwise, kudos for this highly creative mod. Can't wait to be able to try it!
Test Subject
#98 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TathiWitch
it didn't work here... without the DLL it can be placed but without actions...
with the DLL file it can't be placed anywhere.. not even with moveobjects
Which game version do you have?

Quote: Originally posted by FrellaPie
LOVE this does it work without WA? I downloaded it and all the functions are available, but just before they're about to woohoo, my sim gets off the bed :L the delphy framework thing says my framework is correct, so does anyone know how to fix this? x
Update your extended game core to the latest version! And when you are around, click the Thanks-Button!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#99 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 8:18 PM
villainesque: I have the fixed blue lot object in my game, and will update it during the weekend. Fixing it was super easy, using delphy's program. Just select the file and tell the program to fix it, so you can easily check and fix mods with the tool. I didn't immediatly upload the fixed version becuase i wanted to try it in my game first before releasing it. And by the way, client and soliciter are two different things, the client is the one who will buy the service, the soliciter is the one offering it. Just put the word solicit into a dictionary and you'll see. The mistake I made was using soliciEr instead of an solicitOr, even thou I did find a few places where it was used with an e.

dizzysommer: At one point I was thinking of service provider, but that sounded too much like a phone company

AD85: I don't use your mod, but I clicked your thank you button anyways, you've been great updating your mod to work with mine, even when you didn't have to do it, you did it anyway. So thank you.
Test Subject
#100 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 9:19 PM
So I'm guessing you're just going to ignore my post and not attempt to help those of us that can't get it to work?
Page 4 of 18