Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
#326 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:04 AM
I have "Always love" this post that was started by joandsarah77 so many great ideas here for businesses and careers this thread / post really need a permanent / Sticky.
So that it will always be there to help members with different ideas for their neighborhood. ( Just my opinion )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#327 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:14 AM
I tried to add the link to this thread in my signature but it won't let me, says it's too long.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#328 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:24 AM
Oh well too long

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#329 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
C&K's popcorn won't lead to the demise of your game, maybe to your sims waist lines but not your game. As to mods and your game blowing up, you know the in game tools EA gave you to mess with have a very high chance of blowing your game up while mods a very tiny chance, most that cause a glitch are fixed as simply as removing the file. The mess Maxis tools can create not so easily fixed. be scared, very scared of those little buttons not mods. Also some mods are essential to preventing your game blowing itself up, like No Unlink on delete so I do hope you have those.

I used to have a nanny come and watch pets and never had her leave in a huff. I only just added an island getaway and have one family there, a boarding kennel sounds like a good side line for a breeder.

true dat!
Mad Poster
#330 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 11:31 AM
Setting up A supernatural zoo (,since exotic animals don't exist - think outside the box!) should be fun. I would probably set it up in a neighborhood, where the government would consider them to be legal slayers that can be purchased.
Mad Poster
#331 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 11:57 AM
I seen a challenge numerious times, but just curious If anybody established a brothel? Anyone interest in sharing a picture of it :D
Forum Resident
#332 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:08 PM
I'm looking for suggestions of what to do with my town hall - to make it a viable business.

My town mayor owns the building - university fees and a new tax rule will be credited to the town hall, via cheque book, and therefore the mayor, but what should I fill the town hall with?
I've made the mayors office and the secretary area outside, which I will hire a sim to fill the seat, but my town hall is huge. I thought of putting a library in there, but should I have some employees as office workers or something?

What do you do with your town hall?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#333 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:39 PM
I have a wedding area, media office and a court room in mine. Outside I have chess and a seating area and a podium for making speeches.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#334 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:44 PM
I have a wedding area, media office and a court room in mine. Outside I have chess and a seating area and a podium for making speeches.

Oh neat!
And can sims actually get married at the town hall? Is there extra mods required for that to happen?

I quite like the media office too and I totally forgot about putting a podium for speeches there!
Mad Poster
#335 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
I'm looking for suggestions of what to do with my town hall - to make it a viable business.

My town mayor owns the building - university fees and a new tax rule will be credited to the town hall, via cheque book, and therefore the mayor, but what should I fill the town hall with?
I've made the mayors office and the secretary area outside, which I will hire a sim to fill the seat, but my town hall is huge. I thought of putting a library in there, but should I have some employees as office workers or something?

What do you do with your town hall?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Here's some inspiration:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...hole-project/p1
^^ That would be probably my favourite, cause it does offer something for your sims to actually "to-do".
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=245318
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=321286
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=315313
Oh neat!
And can sims actually get married at the town hall? Is there extra mods required for that to happen?

I quite like the media office too and I totally forgot about putting a podium for speeches there!

I believe they can (somewhere recall reading that on a wiki). Though, you can't throw a party on a community lot (but I did see a mod that countered that limitation).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#336 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 2:18 PM
Oh neat!

I use Chris Hatch's wedding mat. It has a recolour so it's just rings on the floor and doesn't look out of place like an arch. If the wedding couple have sisters at the wedding they will stand with a bunch of flowers.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#337 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 3:53 PM
Thanks SneakyWingPhoenix
Those examples were very useful.

Thanks joandsarah I downloaded that mat and am going to try it out as soon as I load up my game.
Mad Poster
#338 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 8:44 PM
Isn't there a way to make your employee to have the assign task of witchcraft (aka. make reagents and witchy objects)?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#339 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 8:44 PM
I make a group over the phone then have my happy couple go to the community lot (town hall/wedding park/church/beach) use their mobile phone to call the group for an untimed outing. Some snags I have found -on owned business like the town hall, if you have a ticket machine go before and turn the retched thing off. Instead of attending the wedding you may find the party gathered around deciding to pay or not. Also before hand check that one of the sims has a mobile phone. Those two things not done have ruined a few weddings. Do not make any in that group selectable. last wedding I did that a taxi arrived while my party was leaving the lot via walking and well, the home lot never loaded and I had to exit without saving. I made hims selactable because of that silly ticket machine. If you always turn it off when you leave with the owner no problems.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#340 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
If you have an active servo in the game (either living in another household or by itself), you can always teleport them in to befriend them or influence them to fix that broken whatever it is. Far cheaper than having the repair person coming in and charging $50 every time to fix your crappy TV or dishwasher. You can give them some money by making them selectable and giving them some coins or other nice things as recompense.

As for businesses, I built a movie theater with the dessert cart and the "all in one" bathroom-it's great for those who have a bit of spare time and want to meet their friends to watch a movie. Best thing I've built yet!

My repair woman is a playable too. The new one is not that skilled. My sim influences her to fix the broken stuff and pays her 50§ per fixed item.

I love that thread too.
Mad Poster
#341 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 10:24 PM
Yeah, Now that I think about it - I should definantly build the (in-person) theater. Any ideas who should own the real estate lot? I'm playing the BACC in my Veronaville, so I think the woman with glasses (Capp's Decendad I believe, forgot her name though) should purchase the lot.

ETA: Actually, I was wrong. I was referring to Bianca Monty. Although Miranda Capp also has the role based of her looks-ish to run one. Maybe since their relatives are rivals to each other, I could have both of these sims competitive with one another for creating the best/well-know theater in Veronaville. Actually that goes well with my story I'm writing Also, Bianca has a child now (had accidently adopted one in Capp's gameplay, and had to move out child somehow, so I moved Bianca and now she's her guardian, lol).
Mad Poster
#342 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 10:07 AM
An idea had struck to me. With, you can pretty much roleplay the Grim Reaper rpg quite nicely.

1)Create a business district sub-hood called "Afterlife" and have a grim reaper reside in there.
2)While playing in the main hood, when a sim dies in there, move his/her grave to grim reaper's owned graveyard lot, that's situated in the Afterlife.
3)When it's grim reaper's time to play, have him visit his graveyard lot.
4)In there, purchase and place the resurrection potion and have it do what his name implies. The Sims that you have brough to life have them roam around the hood as townies.
5)Only grim reaper's decendants and relatives can only reside in a house/apartment.
6)In the main hood, where a household is ready to bring their deceaded loved one's with Resurrect-O-Nomitron set up on their home lot, with the price they pay for, fund the grim reaper with the exact amount via using familyFunds cheat or any other hack object that can give the specified amount of money to the playable sim. Or... you can have the grim reaper do the job for you, by sending the living sim off the sub-hoodas a either human or zombie (via evil witch spell or ect.) based of what the amount give, to the main hood and then to the customer household, in the end family funding the grim reaper and his consumer - reenacting it as a profit system.
Forum Resident
#343 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 12:24 PM
I make a group over the phone then have my happy couple go to the community lot (town hall/wedding park/church/beach) use their mobile phone to call the group for an untimed outing. Some snags I have found -on owned business like the town hall, if you have a ticket machine go before and turn the retched thing off. Instead of attending the wedding you may find the party gathered around deciding to pay or not. Also before hand check that one of the sims has a mobile phone. Those two things not done have ruined a few weddings. Do not make any in that group selectable. last wedding I did that a taxi arrived while my party was leaving the lot via walking and well, the home lot never loaded and I had to exit without saving. I made hims selactable because of that silly ticket machine. If you always turn it off when you leave with the owner no problems.

That sounds great actually.
I won't be placing a ticket machine on this lot anyway, I rarely use them for my business - only my Gym has it so far. Besides, I don't want to run into the problems you've just described.
As for the points about the mobile phone and making sims selectable I will take those on board and try to remember.
I look forward to having lots of weddings at the town hall!

Quote: Originally posted by Essa
My repair woman is a playable too. The new one is not that skilled. My sim influences her to fix the broken stuff and pays her 50§ per fixed item.

I love that thread too.

I was going to do something like this with the service npc's and have them playable but it seemed like too much work.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#344 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 1:21 PM
I use Monique's computer and do an Ecard invite (sims can't refuse that) or phone and invite over, once on the lot I make my playable repair man selectable and have him fix things and pay him via the wallet controller.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#345 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 2:26 PM
I use Monique's computer and do an Ecard invite (sims can't refuse that) or phone and invite over, once on the lot I make my playable repair man selectable and have him fix things and pay him via the wallet controller.

Reminder: Must download Monique's computer.
Mad Poster
#346 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 2:57 PM
What y'all think about my grim reaping job/business? :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#347 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 9:18 PM
I was thinking it sounded more like a challenge/way of playing than a job/business. Sounds good for someone who likes zombies. I've been playing Coral Bay for I think is 1 1/2 years real time? If Grim was a sim in my game he would have died himself of boredom waiting around. I've yet to have a death. I haven't even had an elder. My sims have a long life and I play at snails speed. What I like to do with the dead- once I have them (I have been known to just create sims to kill off) is I have an undertaker sim who takes the grave to the owned graveyard. Then it's there for sims to visit. Teens can do dares and camp over in a tent all night or knowledge sims can just go there and hope to be scared or families visit the grave during the day..

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#348 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 10:37 PM
Why zombies? The Potion resurrects them as mortal, but of course you can make them zombies (if grimmys is an evil witch ). Another idea: whenever a sim makes a call to GR's household (you'd probably have to cheat/hack to make him know every playable sim in the neitghbhorhood, for this to work out), you are then go to 'work' on resurrecting the sim that is a relative to the person that's on the phone (as if they had call him with the resurrecto-phone, but with a difference being that you're playing grim's role of receiving the request). Then you roll the dice. If you get 1, spawn the ghost as a zombie; otherwise - bring him back as a mortal. Familyfund or kaching the death.
Mad Poster
#349 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 10:44 PM
Kindengarden is an option. And a nursering home for old people. I wonder - how would you go around on creating an asylum (not referring to the challenge).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#350 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 11:20 PM
Just put a group of sims into a large house, toss a prisoner token into each ones inventory since asylum patients don't walk around town. Let them on free will to do whatever. It might not be the actual asylum challenge but I would play it in a similar way. Not a business but a fun idea. I guess you could have the Mayor pay the caretaker of the asylum since that would be a job.

Once my sims die I want them to stay dead, but as I said death in my game is not a profitable thing. My last sim death was 3 years ago, he was glitched so I killed him off. Before that I had 2 sims die of old age in 2009. The only time I did a lot of killing was for a 26 father challenge and since I needed to extend the life in vanilla ways I killed of many passing old townies to a cow plant. I keep meaning to make a graveyard that isn't just deco but I have a hard time killing off playable sims if you can't tell.

~Call me Jo~
Page 14 of 18