Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#351 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just put a group of sims into a large house, toss a prisoner token into each ones inventory since asylum patients don't walk around town. Let them on free will to do whatever. It might not be the actual asylum challenge but I would play it in a similar way. Not a business but a fun idea. I guess you could have the Mayor pay the caretaker of the asylum since that would be a job.

Once my sims die I want them to stay dead, but as I said death in my game is not a profitable thing. My last sim death was 3 years ago, he was glitched so I killed him off. Before that I had 2 sims die of old age in 2009. The only time I did a lot of killing was for a 26 father challenge and since I needed to extend the life in vanilla ways I killed of many passing old townies to a cow plant. I keep meaning to make a graveyard that isn't just deco but I have a hard time killing off playable sims if you can't tell.

Why not imprison townnies in yo lot?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#352 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 11:01 AM
I play with empty templates now, so there are only two townies that I made. Killing sims isn't really my thing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#353 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 11:04 AM
So you have death disabled fully (when you don't intend to kill anyone)? Especally the rare one's? How do avoid all of those?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#354 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 11:16 AM
No nothings disabled, not sure what you mean? If you mean accidental deaths, I have had 3 in however many years since the game came out. All fires.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#355 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:18 AM
No nothings disabled, not sure what you mean? If you mean accidental deaths, I have had 3 in however many years since the game came out. All fires.

So in all the simming years, you had three accidental deaths in total? Well that's fascinating :o
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#357 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
So in all the simming years, you had three accidental deaths in total? Well that's fascinating :o

In sims 2 yes, I don't find that strange at all. I had more deaths in sims 1 and after playing that Sims 2 was a piece of cake. I play slowly, check needs and notice most things that happen. My sims are mostly happy with well met needs, so things such as a lightning strike (happened two days ago) don't kill them.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#358 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 3:34 PM
In sims 2 yes, I don't find that strange at all. I had more deaths in sims 1 and after playing that Sims 2 was a piece of cake. I play slowly, check needs and notice most things that happen. My sims are mostly happy with well met needs, so things such as a lightning strike (happened two days ago) don't kill them.

What about death by flies? Did that ever happen to your sims?
Theorist
#359 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 3:49 PM
What about death by flies? Did that ever happen to your sims?

I can say it never happened to me. I'm with JoeandSarah, I find it very, very hard to have Sims die by accident. It's not that I actively prevent it either... it just never happens.

My only 4 accidental deaths were by fire as well...and the last one at least only happened because I didn't call the fire brigade or commanded the other Sims to extinguish the burning one.

Lightning strikes never kill Sims, just toast them a bit, same with broken electronics, hunger takes days of purposefully starving them, sickness disappears a few hours after Sims catch it. Fright just makes them pee.

It's not easy to have your Sims die without helping.

I agree that it was much more difficult to keep Sims alive in Sims 1.
Forum Resident
#360 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I can say it never happened to me. I'm with JoeandSarah, I find it very, very hard to have Sims die by accident. It's not that I actively prevent it either... it just never happens.

My only 4 accidental deaths were by fire as well...and the last one at least only happened because I didn't call the fire brigade or commanded the other Sims to extinguish the burning one.

Lightning strikes never kill Sims, just toast them a bit, same with broken electronics, hunger takes days of purposefully starving them, sickness disappears a few hours after Sims catch it. Fright just makes them pee.

It's not easy to have your Sims die without helping.

I agree that it was much more difficult to keep Sims alive in Sims 1.

I'm certain that some of this is innaccurate. I have certainly had a sim die from a lightning strike - though they were in the hottub at the time - it's still possible for the lightning strike to kill sims.
Also pretty sure I've had a sim die of fright too.

I think even fire deaths are hard to get though, My sims kitchen got set on fire and I let it burn because I just thought it would be interesting to have a sudden death in my neighbourhood and my sim was just too smart for the fire. I literally had to stand her in it to get her to die.
Top Secret Researcher
#361 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
You're welcome Jo. I wish I were more imaginative, though.

I suck at building too. I'm not great with floor plans but I decided to deal with it. :p

I know this may be late but the easiest ways to learn to build good buildings:

1. Take an existing one, gut it, repaint the outside, add walls where you need, paint the walls, and decorate it the way you want. You have a new building.

2. Look around at other buildings, practice by following their floor plan. I love this building http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=519828 but I don't do Apartments and I thought it would make a great beach lot. The floor plan is easy and the building looks awesome. It is now my "All Day Spa."

Practice until you are satisfied with the outcome.

Good Luck.
Theorist
#362 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Valentine90
I'm certain that some of this is innaccurate. I have certainly had a sim die from a lightning strike - though they were in the hottub at the time - it's still possible for the lightning strike to kill sims.
Also pretty sure I've had a sim die of fright too.

I think even fire deaths are hard to get though, My sims kitchen got set on fire and I let it burn because I just thought it would be interesting to have a sudden death in my neighbourhood and my sim was just too smart for the fire. I literally had to stand her in it to get her to die.

Oh no, I didn't mean "this is the only thing that happens"

I meant "this is the only thing that ever happens to me". I think the chance of death with both lightning strikes and fright depends on how low their motives are at the time and like JoeandSarah by Sims just tend to be well cared for most of the time...
Mad Poster
#363 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 8:03 PM
Sorry If I gone off-topic. I'll get back to business (ahh- get it?)

As the article, I once did create an good looking vocation training institute lot, with the name that suggests its mod, and -- I actually had fun using it. All the mod does is has your sim instruct others, granting them badge you specify that the instructor him/herself must possess. The Instructor can also increase others skills (thought, it's only limited to a few: cooking, mechanical and cleaning), and again - the instructing sim must possess the said skill level to increase others' to that respective extent.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#364 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 8:49 PM
Sims can certainly die by lightening strike and electrocution, but they die because of low needs, if your sims needs are high when it happens they never die they just turn brown and pee on the floor. I can show you dozens of pictures of toasty sims. I put one up just the other day. A teen helping out at a market stall business.
Ghosts can also cause death by fright but I don't have any ghosts.

Death by flies is one of the hardest deaths to get, I know that much. I saw someone try to do it for a challenge once, they had to make a long corridor of fence and have many piles of garbage that they made the sim walk through. It isn't something that happens because you have a few fly blown plates around. The only time I had that death was for a story and I used a modded item. I use to have a mafia legacy and townies and cows were fair game for my story, but that was back when I played challenges and they were not accidents. I'm also not counting my asylum challenge deaths since that is part and parcel of that challenge and and even there most sims survived because I knew how to maximize house design and knew what objects not to put on the lot. I kind of wish I had not set it up quite so well.

Everyone has their own way of playing. I watch lets plays and I am wanting to reach in and fix the mess. Agghhh! I know how to play too well and I can't stop myself from doing it. I know all the tricks, I know how strongly the objects are codded. This is why I introduced motivation levels from a couple of other simmers. Neatness+ activity - playfulness. The number indicates if the sim is smart, average or low motivation/not very bright and tells me how I should play them. Right now I have a married in cow (low) with an average father who rolls no toddler wants and a low motivated toddler, maybe this time I will have a toddler who isn't potty trained who will show me what the bed wetting mod looks like because I've had that mod for three years and never seen it.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#365 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 2:34 AM
Sorry If I gone off-topic. I'll get back to business (ahh- get it?)

As the article, I once did create an good looking vocation training institute lot, with the name that suggests its mod, and -- I actually had fun using it. All the mod does is has your sim instruct others, granting them badge you specify that the instructor him/herself must possess. The Instructor can also increase others skills (thought, it's only limited to a few: cooking, mechanical and cleaning), and again - the instructing sim must possess the said skill level to increase others' to that respective extent.

I do have a version of the Vocational Training Controller that trains all the skills. When I made it Paladin didn't allow messing with his mods, but apparently that isn't the case anymore now that he's retired, so if anyone does want it then PM me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#366 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 2:39 AM
I actually uploaded that to my box when you gave it to me and already sent a link to SWP about it. I've given it to a couple of others before now too. Hope that's okay? I didn't know his TOU had changed, good to know.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#367 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:04 AM
I actually uploaded that to my box when you gave it to me and already sent a link to SWP about it. I've given it to a couple of others before now too. Hope that's okay? I didn't know his TOU had changed, good to know.

Yeah, that's fine. I've been considering uploading it now his terms have changed, but I think I've probably sent to to everyone who asked about it by now. XD
Mad Poster
#368 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 1:39 PM
Any ideas on how can one make a diner? Yeah I know there is Simwardrobe's buffet table, but I'm just wondering if there is one where NPC's serve it instead it (while the food is CHARGE for money).
Top Secret Researcher
#369 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:03 PM
Wouldn't setting up a diner be the same as setting up any other restaurant?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#370 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:22 PM
I mean cafeteria type of deal. Sorry, for the wrong vocabulary lol.
Mad Poster
#371 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 6:55 PM
Any ideas on how can one make a diner? Yeah I know there is Simwardrobe's buffet table, but I'm just wondering if there is one where NPC's serve it instead it (while the food is CHARGE for money).

The closest thing that I know of to what you're looking for is the "Shiny Tyme NPC Everywhere Patch" from Simlogical. It allows you to set up a University-style cafeteria on any lot. The "Shiny Tyme" stove that came with University will always spawn a cafeteria cook. Unfortunately, this does NOT charge money.

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Eating.htm
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#372 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 9:06 PM
Then to charge use either a ticket machine or a Simlogical pay door. That is the only NPC you can have on an owned lot.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#373 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 10:55 PM
Then I guess I rather keep it as an restaurant then using those two objects ;p. Nontheless, thank you for your suggestions.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#374 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 11:12 PM
Methods of providing food to be eaten on an owned business lot

Cafeteria worker with uni food when using the simlogical patch.
Exnem food plates/ baskets/desert cart which can be set for sale.
Simwardrobe buffet, regular or pizza
Game food stands
Game buffet table
Grill
Snack machines
Restaurant (can't combine this with anything else as the restaurant coding takes precedence.)

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#375 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 11:37 AM
Right now, I'm writing to what I think is a good challenge. Thought it involves around running business alot, so can anybody list me (us) some mods that would simulate all the given careers as a community lot institutions?
Page 15 of 18