Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#101 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 3:51 AM Last edited by Simonut : 17th Sep 2015 at 8:15 PM.
FUNNY ! In My Custom hood I name the laundry Place "Wishy Washy" Also I can't seem to get away from the color blue, and both neighborhood I use blue but different t shades of it.
I guess because when I think of water or a place with water I think of the color blue.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 11:27 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 13th Sep 2015 at 11:38 PM.
I like that name. *might steal it*

Greengrocers.
Do they still use that term? I can't remember if I showed my farming family who run the greengrocers. I can't really call it a grocery store or a supermarket as all they sell is produce. Their own locally grown and imported fruit and veg.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#103 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 11:36 PM
I know I've looked at realistic yields before, but for some reason chose not to use it. How does it affect their earning in produce/money? Does it end up being more, or less?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 11:41 PM
It gives more produce at cheaper prices. BO says what it does.

Since Leefish is going really slowly I will paste it here
Quote:
It changes the yields of all fruit trees, to give 40 units per harvest. It also changes Apples to be no more nutricious than Lemons and Oranges, and it alters their prices to conform to normal food: ยง2 per food point.

Additionally it changes the prices for all other produce to the same standard.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#105 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 12:08 AM Last edited by Simonut : 15th Sep 2015 at 1:28 AM.
@ joandsarah77 Yes that term "Greengrocers" is still use here in the US, on the regular news they have a segment where they show the man who is the Greengrocer; to let people know what fruits and vegetables are in and good for the seasons.
As always I just "love" your pictures and your businesses, Oh go ahead if you like and use that title for your Laundromat , it just pop into my head while laying in bed, there are different way you can spell it
Wishy Washy or Wishie Washie .

Mad Poster
#106 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 12:09 AM
I read that, but I don't know what the normal yield is in terms of cash, so it doesn't tell me much about what the end result is. Does it end up being more, due to being more produce, or is the netto balance lower? (If you know )

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#107 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 12:26 AM
I've never really checked. I'm not really a maths or spread sheet kind of person. I think it would probably work out as less cash but it might be close.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#108 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 1:28 AM
I'll have to investigate at some point. It'd be nice if Sims could buy produce a bit cheaper, as I like my Sim kids to get a glass of energy-boost juice every day, so that they manage to stay awake an entire day. Their energy really goes down too fast. But my farmer-couple also really needs cash, so it needs to pan out more or less the same for them in terms of what a plot gives.

Theorist
#109 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 4:46 PM
@gummilutt
I don't do maths either but I'm using "realistic yields" too. In my farm, produces are set at average since the first generation. With BO's mod in place, produces are sold cheaper than before I got the mod.

@Simonut
I like your Laundromat. I wanted to have one in my hood when I saw Icad's autonomous version of washers and dryers.

@joandsarah77
Nice greengrocery (is that a word?). It seems roomier than your other lots. I like the road stall. I'm not sure but I think there are links in the WCIF forum I found it: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...nverted-for-ts2
Is the stall just decorative or can one put produces in it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 10:46 PM
It's a produce bin, like the ingame ones, so sims buy groceries from it. You can't stock it with your own grown fruit and veg but sims can restock and buy from it. I think that lot is 1 by 2.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#112 Old 15th Sep 2015 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Simonut : 16th Sep 2015 at 12:28 AM.
[QUOTE=Essa
I like your Laundromat. I wanted to have one in my hood when I saw Icad's autonomous version of washers and dryers.

@ Essa Thank you the Laundromat was fun to make my Sims are enjoying it, and yes Greengrocery is a word.

Theorist
#113 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 5:53 PM
Thanks for both Simonut. One of my sims rolls "open an unusual business". I think I know what I'll do. :-D
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Police Station and Fire Station

I have these two together, both are basically the same layout but with some colour changes and the police station has a jail cell. Both are small and basic since the hood is new and they both had quite a few mortgage shrubs. In my old hood they were both larger with more sims.

Police Station

Fire Station

love your posts & this thread, jo. so many ideas for my hood!
small WCIF if you don't mind: you mentioned a 3t2 fireman's pole. do you know who made it? i've been googling with no luck.
Theorist
#115 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 2:52 PM
I got mine from NinthWaveSims, but it's been taken down from the site where I got it. It's not on the Graveyard yet. If nobody has an alternate link to a public site with it, I'd be happy to upload it for you.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 11:28 PM
Offer it to the graveyard Esme, as I am not even sure where my file is as I have it in my old game with it's messy Download folder.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#118 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 11:58 PM
I'll do that. There's a firefighter's coat and a fire axe in the set as well, and I even have the original file that I downloaded, so I don't have to repackage them. I just have to find that file in my jumbled-up "Original files" folder...

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 12:01 AM
If you are uploading them all can you pm me the file as well? Just in case I can't find them.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#120 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 1:24 PM
@joandsarah77 I can't PM them to you because your inbox is full, which is probably also why you missed my reply to your PM last night. I've submitted the files to the Graveyard, but I don't know how long it takes to get them uploaded. In the meantime I've uploaded them to my Box: https://app.box.com/s/kdmz9aibrz17pqgkstys3w76pwfrfctq

Mods, if this link is Not Allowed under site rules, let me know and I'll remove it!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 1:28 PM
Full again! Blah. I will go make some room. Thanks Esme.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 11:31 PM
Posting again for a new business.

I was looking through some pictures from my old sims 2 folder and found these.

Photo Studio

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#123 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 12:25 AM
The first two pictures of the family is so lovely, the last two pictures poor Sims there is NO hope for her. lol

Theorist
#124 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 2:14 AM
Those backdrops are 3t2 conversions by Honeywell, available right here on MTS.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:53 PM
Coral Bay Bank

~Call me Jo~
Page 5 of 18