Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 11:16 PM Last edited by AveryViolets : 15th Mar 2021 at 3:46 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Can't have cats breed? (Solved)
I have 2 cats that I want to breed. I know there's room in the household for them, and they are friends (which they must be before they breed-- I know this from experience), but the "Romantic" category isn't showing up. If I click on one playing as the other, it doesn't show it, and if I select the pet house, it doesn't show it. I suspect it has to do with my mods. I am using NRaas Story Progression, NRaas Master Controller, NRaas WooHooer, and a few others that I don't think are related to the issue. However, if needed I can list them.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 11:45 PM
Are the cats possibly too closely blood related? If that's not it, perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas and we can work with you and your Woohooer settings to find out why this is happening.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 12:14 AM Last edited by AveryViolets : 14th Mar 2021 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Issue resolved
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are the cats possibly too closely blood related? If that's not it, perhaps you could bring the issue to us at NRaas and we can work with you and your Woohooer settings to find out why this is happening.

They are not blood-related-- they were created in separate households. I believe it's coming from a setting I put in Story Progression because I didn't want random Sims to get married while I was looking away, but I'm not sure. This just arose after I switched back to the household I'm playing in.
Update: I was correct- this was due to the setting.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What? Cat incest is not allowed?

No, I'm actual serious, the game is that serious about blood relations?

They can if you unlock the appropriate Near Relation settings for cats on Woohooer.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
No, I'm actual serious, the game is that serious about blood relations?

Despite some of the flavor text in Twinbrook with the Bayless family, it does indeed clamp down on kissing cousins- including pets. It should lock out relations by marriage too (pets are weirdly monogamous in the Sims).