Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 4:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Question about installing the game from used disks?
Okay, so I'm changing computers very soon and I've been tracking down those EP's and SP's that I don't have on disk. But while doing this, I started to think about the Sims 3 store. Now I have the original/first disk version of the base game but if those few missing EP's and SP's are not the ones I registered into the Sims 3 store, will the store notice this? Can I still be able to download any of the registration gifts if needed? Or can this cause any other problems with the store?
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2021 at 9:59 PM
Well, I don't mind if I can't register these used games, since I already have the bonuses and gifts in my store account. I was more worried that when I install them, the store would somehow see that they are not the same and would prevent me from downloading the gifts and bonuses from my store account. So, just only installing these used games won't affect my store account in any way, then? Oh, but I wonder if the items still work in the game?
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 3:34 AM
I originally installed the game from exclusively used disks! It worked just like they were new. I was able to register and everything. EA didn't care that the disks were used, only that the serial numbers were correct.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 10:27 AM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 8th Apr 2021 at 6:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
But what do you mean they are not the same?

No, I mean that the store items were given for EP's and SP's bought from Origin. Now, in the new computer I will be using used disks instead of those Origin versions. I was wondering whether the store recognises this or hopefully still thinks that I'm using the original versions. I don't know if the store is able to spy on you like that but hey, it's EA after all, so... Basically, I just want to be able to still use those items from my store account.

If that is the case, just install those DVDs with your own codes, the ones you already bought and registered.

Yeah, I'm avoiding the 1.69 patch like plague. Oh, and didn't know that was possible. I guess that would eliminate any incompatibility issues with the store, then.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 6:01 PM
A few thoughts if needed:

1) install your base game, then install your store content, then install the rest. That would be a pain though probably.
2) Get sim game selector, which allows you to enable or disable packs. Disable everything but the base game when going into the store to download.
3) You may know this but NRaas has a 'no cd' mod, which allows you to play the game without having the actual latest disc in a drive so you can switch out which EPs and SPs are enabled without fumbling around and trying to find the disc.

I didn't know you could use your Origin codes on used CDs! That's great.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 4:33 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 9th Apr 2021 at 9:36 PM.
The reason I suggested it to the OP is because it seemed she bought the original EP/SP on discs and just lost the discs b/c she is avoiding the 1.69 patch. In this case, the code she registered with Origin were originally disc codes.

Actually, I have the base game and few EP's and SP's on disks and the rest was bought straight from Origin. And now I've been buying used disks to replace those Origin ones. I'm sorry if I wasn't being very clear. But yeah, I can try your suggestion. If the store doesn't care/know about the reinstallation, then the store items for those EP's and SP's should work fine since they are redeemed once already, I think. I just don't want anykind of problems with the store.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 1:26 PM
The Sims 3 Store cannot track which packs you have installed, and the packs you have already registered will not be removed/disabled. You'll still be able to download any content you've owned up until this point.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
The Sims 3 Store cannot track which packs you have installed, and the packs you have already registered will not be removed/disabled. You'll still be able to download any content you've owned up until this point.

That is exactly what I was concerned about. Thank you so much.