Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#101 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 8:51 PM
Remember you DON'T have to do the bonus round, and that with the head and body shots the white/neutral background always Applies.

As it turns out we need 2 more contestants.. 6 more hours to go.

[Expect a 1 -2 day wait for the scores because of the time difference and all]

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 11:07 PM
If we don't get the 2 contestants in the next six hours, will the contest close??? O_O

I'm going to start mine as soon as i get back from school

Contestant in Miss World - Mya Kavalee
- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Once you start playing "Name That Project", it's time to delete.
~ HugeLunatic on the subject of overflowing project folders.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#103 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 11:09 PM
Nope it will not >.< I refuse

Test Subject
#104 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 1:03 AM Last edited by Areen : 15th Sep 2010 at 2:43 AM.

Name: Alizee B. Van Daan
Birthplace: Amsterdam
Culture: Dutch

A Short Biography:
Hello, I'm Alizee Brechtje Van Daan, but call me Alize for short . I came from Netherlands, the windmill country. I live in Amsterdam, the capital and biggest city in Netherland. I live alone in apartement while my mother live at Utrecht with my step father since 10 years ago, when my real father move to America. Even sometimes i work as a model, but i'm still listed as one of psychology student at University of Amsterdam. Actually, rather than be a model, i prefer to work as photographer, catching a moment when the people show their true face in front of camera, and sometimes if you see their face carefully, you can know what they're thinking .

Why do you want to be Miss World?
In the beginning, i just grant my friend wish to be her substitutes when she was sick before she can enter the miss World Contest, yeah~ just for her sake. But Actually when i see how the other girls struggle to be a Miss World, there's challenge and chance for me to see and meet many people in many country, know how complex their personality depends how culture/they live in their country, and you know what? it always be my dream to travelling around the world for free

.:HEADSHOT:.

.:PROFILE SHOT:.

.:BODY SHOT:.

.:FREE SHOT:.

btw nice entry anyone :lovestruc , and now 8 pic to go @_@

Lab Assistant
#105 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
Bonus Round

Colour me Crazy!

Hey there! Its time for a BONUS ROUND!

Each contestant must choose a colour (you do not have to reserve a colour just do a colour you would like) and has to make there sim into that colour e.g If I was to chose pink I would give my sim a pink dress and shoes, pink make up, pink accessories and even pink hair! Give your sim as much as you think they need to show off their colour.

This round is worth an extra 10 points!

Photos needed:
1 Head shot (Neutral Background)
1 Body shot ("" '' )
2 Free shots

What do you mean with .... --> 1 Body shot ("" '' ) ???

about the neutral background....does it mean white ? or could be any solid colored-background ?

sorry if I'm asking too many questions...it's my first contest here

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Theorist
#106 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:02 AM
Same here. What's the difference between body shot and free shot, actually?
Inventor
#107 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:20 AM
Bodyshot = Picture of the sims' whole body. From head to toe.

Freeshot = Can even be half the head. Whatever you want, that suits the round's theme A sim playing guitar, dancing.. sitting in a nice landscape etc.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#108 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:40 AM
Well said Malfoya... And I'm sure I made it perfectly clear that all shots except free shots were ment to be in neutral colours, white ect. But sorry for the confusion :D

Theorist
#109 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 3:56 AM Last edited by vhanster : 25th Sep 2010 at 6:02 AM.
ROUND 2: CULTURE

Write about your experiences of your country and what you love:

Though I don't live in China anymore, I have been taught and raised with Chinese culture and values, and it is now a part of me. Chinese culture is a unique mixture of traditional Chinese culture and modern influences. So even though some traditional aspects such as sexism, and Confucian education have been altered by these influences, others such as the discipline, family structure and obedience to the state are preserved. Colour also plays a significant role in Chinese culture. I remember that in my younger years, my mom would always decorate the house red and force the whole family to wear red during Chinese new Years and other happy occasions as red is a symbol of happiness, good luck and prosperity.
Though there are lots of good things in China, traditional arts had always been my favorite. I may not be a brilliant artist nor art critic, but it elates me to see a nicely written calligraphy or painting. It also gives me an ecstasy when I play my Guqin, erhu or just hearing the sound of those instruments.

Feelings about the photo shoot:
Getting shots that reflect my Chinese culture is difficult as I don't live in China anymore. I have to find places which have a Chinese atmosphere. I decided to use my own house, as I had used Chinese-style furnishings for both interior and exterior anyway.
I also had to dye my hair black to match the pictures. China isn't well-known for its blondes or brunettes... unfortunately.

Head Shot:

Body Shot:

Free Shots:

Bonus Round: Colour me Crazy

Gold Maiden

Head Shot:

Body Shot:

Free Shot:

Heck. I don't know what is wrong with my Screencaps software. The pictures' a mess. But I hope picture quality don't affect the scoring?
Test Subject
#110 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 4:55 AM
Name: Kiko Castello
Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
Culture: Native American Japanese
A Short Biography:
Well, hi there, heh. I am Kiko! I was born in Baltimore, and spent most of my life there living with my grandfather. My parents and older sister, Satsu did a lot of travelling, but I liked staying with Grampa most of the time. When I was about fifteen, we moved to a more rural part of the state, and I became very in touch with my Native American background. (I'm a quarter 'Indian' and Italian from my dad's side, and Russian/Japanese from my mom!) In school, I never really fit in. People thought I was some kind of freak, I guess. I sure felt like one! But, my grandfather was always there for me. He told me every day that I was beautiful, and he'd never let my morning be gloomy.
When I was eighteen, he urged me to audition for America's Next Top Model. A week after I had made the casting call, my grandfather passed away. On their way to the funeral, my parents and sister got in a car crash. Times were dark. My mother came out a paraplegic, and my father did not come out at all. My sister, however, managed to make it through with no life-altering injuries. (Thank goodness for a back seat!)
For two years, I sat, having given up on the world and everything in it. One day, my sister came up to me, dragged me out of bed, and took me to an art show. All around us were the lovliest of pictures, and the most fascinating people! It was there that I met the man sure to be my soulmate - Nathan Hanover.
With the support of Nathan and Satsu, I was able to get back on my feet and pursue my dreams again! Hahaha, it sounds really clique, but I totally mean every word!!!

Why do you want to be Miss World?
I want to be Miss World to show people everywhere that, no matter your background, your history, or even your unconventional looks, you are beautiful. Being yourself is the real beauty in life, and being true to your heart. (There I go with the cliques, again!) It's so sad to see some of the most wonderful people have their hearts broken because they don't think that they're good enough!!! I'm here to show them that they are! That there is diversity in this world, and it is fantastical!

- Headshot

- Profile shot

- Body shot
(Haha, this is a wig. My hair isn't really that short!!!)

- Free Shot
("Married to the Man in the Stars")

(Background thanks to: dependentgal25.deviantart.com/art/Shooting-stars-78928232?q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Aphotography+shooting+Stars&qo=7 )

i'm not cool i'm ❅❅❅☾₱ale✝łce✝₲runge☽❅❅❅
Test Subject
#111 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 6:42 AM
Haha Kiko has the same hair as Mya
I love that hair but I can't remember where I got it from, I think it's peggyzone?

Beautiful entry <3
About to get started on mine *starts unzipping custom content* :D

- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#112 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 7:21 AM
Let me know if anyone else is doing up an entry but is a bit behind, otherwise applications are closed. YAY

And Make sure you put your round 2 and bonus round 2 in the same post. Otherwise it gets far too confusing.

Test Subject
#113 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:40 AM
>< I only have one picture salvaged from my 4 hour photoshoot today, my screencap software stopped working and then the sims didn't respond... and then I didn't save so I lost my lot :P

- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 12:42 PM Last edited by falloutchild : 16th Sep 2010 at 1:09 PM. Reason: UPDATE!!!
Default bonus
ARGARISS MAUGÁ: ROUND 2
CULTURE

Write about your experiences of your country and what you love:

Since I was born and raised in the beautiful Italian city of Milan, I have grown up with so much Italian history and culture everywhere. Most people might know Italy for our foods, cars, architecture and our great Roman history but for the people ourselves there is so much more. Ever since I was a young child I have always been brought up in a cultured family. The world knows Milan for its glamorous fashion but our family knew it for its rich culture. Every year my parents, sister and I would take the train to the city square where the beautiful carnivale parade festival would be held. We would wear masks, dress up and dance in the ballroom. We would have traditional gelato and margarita pizza after then sit and watch the fireworks. We would take trips to Venice and ride on the gondola and fish with the old nonos on the stone bridge. Italian Vulture is so rich and beautiful; I love our art, ancient and modern history. I believe that no matter what country I may move to I will never forget my heritage and my home place- my Italiá!

Feelings about the photo shoot

For the photo shoot, Pablo and I decided to go with Venice as it is such a well known city for its cultural beauty. However we wanted to incorporate more into it such as modern fashion and other Italian cultural aspects. With that we chose a beautiful Italian designer dress and jewellery instead of something older. We added our iconic red wine and fruits to show some more of our modern culture but we chose to take the picture in old Venice. I think the pictures came out beautifully, the surroundings and weather made it the perfect shots. For the head and body shot I shoes to wear a Milan style dress and shoes to incorporate my home city. I think I did well!

Head:

Body:

Free pic 1:

Free pic 2:

BONUS ROUND

heres my bonus round entry

headshot:

body:

Free shot 1:

free shot 2:

btw, 'Azzurro' means light blue in italian

.::I'm just a Korean girl who loves simming and being in her own world::.

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 12:45 PM
oops i just realized that i needed my round 2 pics in the same post *faceplam* i havent got them yet so i'll add them tommorrow after school >>
sorry if i am confusing you :P
thanks

.::I'm just a Korean girl who loves simming and being in her own world::.

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?
Inventor
#116 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:27 PM
I've now added my round 2 pictures to my Bonus round post
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 2:33 PM
Wow! Well Done guys MaydayParade is goiing to put an app in HOPEFULLY Today! She said she will try and do it all in one go! Nearly finished judging

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 3:03 PM
WOW! I just realised the we have 10 CONTESTANTS! That means we have enough WOOP!

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 3:15 PM
I have finished my judging - not sure about other judges?? AND Yes you put the Bonus round and Round 2 in the same post! The deadline is the same as the Round 2 x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 3:20 PM
BIG EDIT TO SITE

Yep I have edited the site with ALL apps and any Round 2's/Bonus rounds WooP

Tell me if there is anything I have missed out x Taaa

Find the site HERE http://sims2missworld.weebly.com

YAY

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Test Subject
#121 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil'B
BIG EDIT TO SITE

Yep I have edited the site with ALL apps and any Round 2's/Bonus rounds WooP

Tell me if there is anything I have missed out x Taaa

Find the site HERE http://sims2missworld.weebly.com

YAY

:lovestruc
I was finally able to get the link to my post so I could link my signature - the website looks great, cant wait for the scores! Will anybody be eliminated in this competition?

- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 5:04 PM
No nobody will be eliminated Electricblu3 x

Zulehka I have given Kaylarox my Scores and I have asked her about the other judges x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Test Subject
#123 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by electricblu3
Haha Kiko has the same hair as Mya
I love that hair but I can't remember where I got it from, I think it's peggyzone?

Beautiful entry <3
About to get started on mine *starts unzipping custom content* :D

Ahhh, man! I looked at all of the apps to, trying not to copy!!! >.<
I ALMOST used the Adele "Antoinette" hair for the profile!

Yeeeaaahhh, it is! C: (I just had to reinstall all the sims, and download everything in, like, a day or two, so, ha, all sites a still fresh and remembered! : P )

Thanks so much! I thought the same about your entry!!!!! : D

i'm not cool i'm ❅❅❅☾₱ale✝łce✝₲runge☽❅❅❅
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 7:19 PM
Guyss app will be done in ten minutes my sims was being stupid so sorry for any inconvienice(sp?)

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 7:33 PM
Name: Ami Kenda
Race: Japanese
Culture: Japanese
Religion: Buddhist
Birthplace: Osaka, Japan
Current Location: Harajuku, Japan
Height: 5"4
Birthday 23rd May
Star Sign: Gemini

Hi, I'm Ami Kenda, I'm 100% Japanese, my family has lived in Japan for about 1 billion years. I'm 23 and have just finished studying Graphic Design at the University of Toyko. I hope to be a packaging designer or anime author . My mother grew up in rural Japan, so she likes things traditional, so does Gramma but my father has always lived in the city. I like yoga, doodling, reading, meditating, sitting by the pool, SUSHI <3 and being silly. I dislike being short, monday mornings, dogs that dig up my garden and being smelly.

Why I want to be Miss World.

I want to be Miss World to show people that not all models a 20 feet high, I'm diddy, but I'm gorgeous and my personality really makes up for my size. As long as you've got the looks and/or the brains, anything is possible. (I smell cheese xD)

Headshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot

Lobely ladies everyone

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D

Page 5 of 22