Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 7:37 PM
MaydayParade, she is quite pretty. I'd love to see her dressed up in something lolita!!! : D

Ahhh, I am about to start working on the second entry!!! There's like, NO native American clothes!!! Ima try to make 'em!!! : D

i'm not cool i'm ❅❅❅☾₱ale✝łce✝₲runge☽❅❅❅
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:15 PM
IKR, I can't find any decent Kimono's, she may Harajuku stylee next round :D. And thanks you, I like her a lot, she turned out better than I thought she would, I was experimenting with different face shapes. Her face took about 30 mins to make :L It was worth it though

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:24 PM
Bonus Round: Colour Me Crazy

白雪の (White as Snow)

Headshot

Bodyshot

Freeshot 1

Freeshot 2

Lab Assistant
#129 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:25 PM
Sorry, the last pics a little blury :L

Lab Assistant
#130 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:51 PM
MaydayParade! Lol Nice app BTW x Don't worry bout the pics x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#131 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 9:25 PM
Just so everyone knows..... Im giving the judges 2 days to get there scored to me.... Then I need 1 day to sort myself out so you should have them on my friday, your thursday (because I live in NZ)

And you dont have to post your entries at the same time..... Just in the same post... (if thats not making sense lol kick my bum)

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Test Subject
#132 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaydayParade
IKR, I can't find any decent Kimono's, she may Harajuku stylee next round :D. And thanks you, I like her a lot, she turned out better than I thought she would, I was experimenting with different face shapes. Her face took about 30 mins to make :L It was worth it though

OH! Here's an awesome place to get beautiful Asian clothes! I don't know if they're Japanese, but... ehhh. I found some of my favourites here!

http://www.mtsims-cakestore.com/sim...%E8%A3%8504-06/

(You might have to run it through the Google translator? )

(Hahaha, I'm helping the competition!!! >.<
: D )

i'm not cool i'm ❅❅❅☾₱ale✝łce✝₲runge☽❅❅❅
Inventor
#133 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 9:55 PM
Finding traditional clothes is really difficult! I just skipped that part, as I can't find or make the Norwegian "bunad" on my own.
Therefor I decided to rather take som pictures of a typical scenery, and activity we have here.

Bunad:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/228/...55798a2.jpg?v=0

It's actually as exciting to look at others work as doing your own^^
Scholar
#134 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:04 PM
Kayla, I sent you a pm about my application -- this is the first chance I got to get online since yesterday morning.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#135 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:18 PM
Yes we just have to wait for Deatherellas application guys and then we can have everyone's scores!!!!

Lab Assistant
#136 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LayaLynn
OH! Here's an awesome place to get beautiful Asian clothes! I don't know if they're Japanese, but... ehhh. I found some of my favourites here!

http://www.mtsims-cakestore.com/sim...%E8%A3%8504-06/

(You might have to run it through the Google translator? )

(Hahaha, I'm helping the competition!!! >.<
: D )

They are gorgeous <3 THANK YOU LAYAA

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#137 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:24 AM
Helping is the best thing I had ever heard of :D*is proud of her minions >.<*

Theorist
#138 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:27 AM
I'm currently out of town and I can't access my game until at least 2 days from now. So is it Ok if I post ny entry for the culture round late?
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:43 AM Last edited by Sims_God : 20th Sep 2010 at 10:47 AM.
Default Athena Liu Mei Hua ~ Bonus Round
ATHENA LIU MEI HUA
✿ ✿ ✿

BONUS ROUND : COLOR ME CRAZY

THE COLOR OF HAPPINESS

I'm representing the color that shows happiness in chinese culture

Headshot

Bodyshot

The Red Bride

Beijing Opera

✿ ✿ ✿

ROUND 2 : CULTURE

Headshot

Bodyshot

Write about your experiences of your country and what you love

One of the reasons I love my country is because of the rich culture it has. The cultures of Taiwan are a hybrid blend of various sources, incorporating elements of traditional Chinese culture, attributable to the historical and ancestry origin of the majority of its current residents, Japanese culture, traditional Confucianist beliefs, and increasingly Western values. Arts and culture have always been a passion of mine since I was a little kid. I joined so many culture-related activities such as Chinese calligraphy, traditional Chinese painting, folk art, and Chinese opera.

Feelings about the photo shoot

When I was asked to do a photo-shoot about the culture of my country. There were two things crossed my mind instantly. Hua Mu Lan and Chinese New Year.

Hua Mu Lan

Hua Mu Lan is a heroine who joined an all-male army, described in a Chinese poem known as the Ballad of Mu Lan. In 1998, Disney made an animation movie of this legend. Why I chose this one among other legends ? Because Hua Mu Lan is an Idol of mine. She proved to her society that there's nothing men can do that women can't do! Her legend may inspire one of issues we ( females ) are fighting nowadays. The emancipation of women.

Gong Xi Fa Cai

The other culture would have to be Chinese New Year.
Chinese New Year, Lunar New Year, or Spring Festival is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays. It is commonly called "Lunar New Year", because it is based on the lunisolar Chinese calendar. The festival traditionally begins on the first day of the first month in the Chinese calendar and ends with Lantern Festival which is on the 15th day.

Chinese New Year is the longest and most important festivity in the Chinese Lunar Calendar. The origin of Chinese New Year is itself centuries old and gains significance because of several myths and traditions. Ancient Chinese New Year is a reflection on how the people behaved and what they believed in the most.

Chinese New Year is celebrated in countries and territories with significant Chinese populations, such as Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and also in Chinatowns elsewhere. Chinese New Year is considered a major holiday for the Chinese and has had influence on the new year celebrations of its geographic neighbors, as well as cultures with whom the Chinese have had extensive interaction. These include Koreans (Seollal), Tibetans and Bhutanese (Losar), Mongolians (Tsagaan Sar), Vietnamese (Tết), and the Japanese before 1873 (Oshogatsu).

In countries such as Australia, Canada and the United States, although Chinese New Year is not an official holiday, many ethnic Chinese hold large celebrations and Australia Post, Canada Post, and the US Postal Service issue New Year's themed stamps.

Within China, regional customs and traditions concerning the celebration of the Chinese new year vary widely. People will pour out their money to buy presents, decoration, material, food, and clothing. It is also the tradition that every family thoroughly cleans the house to sweep away any ill-fortune in hopes to make way for good incoming luck. Windows and doors will be decorated with red colour paper-cuts and couplets with popular themes of “happiness”, “wealth”, and “longevity”. On the Eve of Chinese New Year, supper is a feast with families. Food will include such items as pigs, ducks, chicken and sweet delicacies. The family will end the night with firecrackers. Early the next morning, children will greet their parents by wishing them a healthy and happy new year, and receive money in red paper envelopes. The Chinese New Year tradition is a great way to reconcile; forgetting all grudges, and sincerely wish peace and happiness for everyone.

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#140 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:49 AM
vhanster that is fine, we all have real lives to get on with... All though I wonder sometimes.

Lab Assistant
#141 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 10:05 AM
Oh snap, I've got competition Are we allowed to do culture in different outfits???

Test Subject
#142 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 11:45 AM
, seeing as everybody is helping each other find traditional outfits - anyone know of thai traditional clothing? Nothing I downloaded has been added to my game =_="

Contestant in Miss World - Mya Kavalee
- Round 1 - Application

---

Quote:
Once you start playing "Name That Project", it's time to delete.
~ HugeLunatic on the subject of overflowing project folders.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 11:54 AM
a quick question, as an emergency judge do I also need to send my scores? or am I just here in case a judge drops out or something? Either way I'm keeping track of my scores in case they are needed.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by electricblu3
, seeing as everybody is helping each other find traditional outfits - anyone know of thai traditional clothing? Nothing I downloaded has been added to my game =_="

electricblu3, have you tried this :
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=224777

but you need happy holiday stuff for that to show up in game.

I'm still confused about the Round 2 ( since English is not my native language )

I think I'll wait for someone else to post Round 2 first then I'll know what to do.

btw, when is the deadline for Round 2 ?

There are four things that you could never get them back :
1. A stone...after it's thrown
2. Words...after they're spoken
3. Chance...after it's passed
4. Time...after it's gone
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 1:11 PM
I ADDED MY ROUND 2 PICS & WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://nene.modthesims.info/showthr...d=1#post3317036
YAY!

.::I'm just a Korean girl who loves simming and being in her own world::.

I've lived in Korea, America and now Australia, where will my next journey take me?
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 3:50 PM
Right time to answer some of your questions:

Madsaffs - No you don't have to PM Kaylarox your scores but it is a good idea to keep scoring them yourself incase of a judge dropping out or something ok?

Sims God - Two people have posted their round 2's Falloutchild and Malfoya I think they are both on Page 4/5 x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 3:55 PM
Lil'B, for culture are we allowed to have 2 different outfits to show different parts of their culture??? <3

Lab Assistant
#148 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 6:30 PM
Should have my round 2 in by tommorrow Nice bonuses and round 2s <3 <3 <3

Lab Assistant
#149 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:47 PM
Yea MaydayParade Your sim can wear a different outfit x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
Lab Assistant