Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 68
Test Subject
#101 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
@Galarzaa: I haven't tested with the Tattoo Artist, so I can't give a definite answer. Do you mean that the teens don't have an option to be tattooed in-game? If so, that's probably a restriction in code that's not affected by this mod. I suggest you try in CAS and/or take the sim into CAS or the tattoo screen using Master Controller. That should definitely work.

Thanks, I just started using the Master Controller.
I heard teens with the rebellious trait will be able to get tattoos in generations, so that will help for now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 11:54 AM
Please update it, I want my tattoos back in the game! Doesn't work with generations!
Instructor
#103 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:44 PM
@FavoleKS : Give the guy a chance LOL

I am having the same issue with the Extended game core mod, it works in generations, but prevents other parts of the game from running correctly, EG, the options menu flashes up and vanishes when you try and use it, it won't allow you to change a sims eyes, or set their traits in CAS...

Whilst all of these things are frustrating, these guys spend their free time making these mods for nothing, Gen has been out less than five days, even if they started updating a mod right away, these things take time

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 6:45 PM
Hi CmarNYC, is this Mod compatible with generations Addon?

Greetings

Harald
#105 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:11 PM
Okay already, it's updated. Taking a little while for the upload to show up, but it should be there soon.

And thanks, Ace, actually the expansion came out only yesterday here in the US. Luckily the meeting I was supposed to go to today was cancelled so I took off work to do this - MUCH more fun!
Top Secret Researcher
#106 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:43 PM
You may want to update the link you have in the Overview to point to the new MasterController thread.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#107 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:48 PM
Right as usual - thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#108 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 8:33 PM
Fabulous, checking it out now

Is there anyway that either I can use another mod with this similar to the ones made for the ECG that gives the extra sliders for waist, calf, thighs, chest, breast scales, vertical postion's etc... or is there another alternative that will work along side this mod?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#109 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 9:54 PM
If you mean does this increase the number of sliders you can use, yes it does. You can use all those sliders with this mod.
Instructor
#110 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:49 AM
No, well, yes, that was partially what I meant.

Infact I answered my own question, I was and have been for quite some time, under the impression that you needed the ECG to use delphy's breast sliders, and as I have recently found out, you don't. Only if you want more sliders 'after' those ones.

DOH me lol

But that's good to know, as I like to use the other body sliders that adjust waist and leg/calf etc...

Again, fabulous work on this, the tats work perfectly Muchos Thankos

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:09 PM
Thank you so much! Mod works gr8 with new Sims;]

And I have a question... is it possible that with this mod game load a little bit slower?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#112 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tekk_
And I have a question... is it possible that with this mod game load a little bit slower?

It's certainly possible - the mod increases the code that has to be loaded, not by much, but it's an increase. Probably more important, all mods will slow the game a little because it has to open each package and load the contents. If you have a lot of mods with a lot of packages this can have a substantial effect. If it's a problem, combining packages may help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:19 AM
ok, been using this mod for a while now. love it, got the generations ep, installed it ..... now i get
script version mismatch found 0.1.0.1089 expected 0.rl-2.0.151 (cmar_xcas_core)
and custum launcher disables the mod, so my question is, are there any plans to update this mod for this latest update to the sims, or am i S.O.L. ? i love this mod, plz fix it. thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#114 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:22 AM
my bad, guess i didnt read close enough, theres already an update posted
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:52 AM Last edited by deucide : 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:00 AM.
ok, i downloaded the new version and uninstalled the old, then installed the new one. custom launcher is still giving me the error
script version mismatch found 0.1.0.1089 expected 0.rl-2.0.151 (cmar_xcas_core)
and disabling it
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#116 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:00 PM
I have to ask the obvious question: are you sure you replaced cmar_XCAS_core.package with the new version? It looks like your game is still finding the old package. If you did replace it, try deleting your cache files before starting the game again. (In your "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder, the four .package files with names ending in Cache.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:49 PM
yeah ... actualy after i got the same error after uninstalling with custom launcher, i went into the folder and manualy deleted it thiiking mabey the custom launcher might have messed up, then i re-downloaded it thinking i may have mixed up the files ... still got this error report .................. but then for the hell of it, i installed it, got the error, and custom launcher disabled it again, i renabled it, closed custum launcher, and ran the sims through offical launcher, and every thing was working, so now im thinking mabey just a bug or somthing with custom launcher and the pakage file ????
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:00 AM
Thanks! I was looking for a mod to expand the body sliders and the skin chooser panel. This mod is amazing!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#119 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deucide
yeah ... actualy after i got the same error after uninstalling with custom launcher, i went into the folder and manualy deleted it thiiking mabey the custom launcher might have messed up, then i re-downloaded it thinking i may have mixed up the files ... still got this error report .................. but then for the hell of it, i installed it, got the error, and custom launcher disabled it again, i renabled it, closed custum launcher, and ran the sims through offical launcher, and every thing was working, so now im thinking mabey just a bug or somthing with custom launcher and the pakage file ????

This appears to be because Custom Launcher hasn't yet been updated to recognize the game version for the Generations patch. Glad you got it working!
Instructor
#120 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:46 PM
This appears to be because Custom Launcher hasn't yet been updated to recognize the game version for the Generations patch. Glad you got it working!

Unfortunately the way generations stores the game core version number changed in a way that broke the custom launcher.

I have been waiting for this weekend to dig into it to see what changed and find out how hard it will be to resolve. For those of you using custom launcher, expect a new version by Monday or so.

--Grant

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#121 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:19 PM
Granthes, thanks for responding!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#122 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:10 AM
Cmar, your mod keeps giving the EA incompatibility error. I have isolated the problem file down to either the core package or the locations package.

Edit - My apologies, I didn't patch! Although I thought installing Generations auto patched the game.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#123 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Cmar, your mod keeps giving the EA incompatibility error. I have isolated the problem file down to either the core package or the locations package.

It would be the core package - locations is just CASPs. Please open the core package in s3pe, select the S3SA file, and in the section on the right look for GameVersion. If that's 0.2.0.151 you've got the right core package for base game 1.22, which of course you can check in the launcher. If both match and you're getting the error something strange is going on.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#124 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 4:41 AM
It would be the core package - locations is just CASPs. Please open the core package in s3pe, select the S3SA file, and in the section on the right look for GameVersion. If that's 0.2.0.151 you've got the right core package for base game 1.22, which of course you can check in the launcher. If both match and you're getting the error something strange is going on.

For some reason my game didn't patch when I installed Generations. It's all good now.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#125 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
For some reason my game didn't patch when I installed Generations. It's all good now.

Maybe the same thing happened as for me? When I installed Generations it patched the base game to 1.21, then the Launcher patched me to 1.22 when I ran the game.
Page 5 of 68