Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9651 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 10:48 PM
I seem to care more for Maxis sims than I do my own. My own just stay still in the time loop while all the Maxis sims get on with their lives. Makes me think about ditching my custom hoods and switching to Maxis ones. But I couldn't do that to the Sims of Paradiso de Manana. I've had them for years and grown a sentimental attachment.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#9652 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Where in the world are you seeing that "pregnant as I am" message?

I think it's base game behavior, when pregnant sims couldn't visit community lots.

My sim Harper Montgomery married her longtime partner Hobart Collins. She's going to keep her maiden name, but her name was temporarily Harper Collins. Ironically, she's opening a bookstore soon and I didn't make the connection until her new name popped up on her icon.
Mad Poster
#9653 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 9:53 PM
Is anyone else getting a javascript failure on the classic version (aka non-headache-causing) of the site?

I hate this. I wanna talk to y'all. But it hurts my brain after a few minutes.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9654 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 10:00 PM
Yes, the classic version throws the same errors for me. The classic version is unsupported, so don't expect a fix anytime soon.

I'd suggest switching to the new version. It's cleaner and more stable.

Scholar
#9655 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 11:43 PM
So in my Sim world, two days is about a year in the life, more or less--which makes sense for most of the life stages except when you get to teen. The teen allotment of 15 days seems way too long, and it also seems like there's a middle stage missing there that should really account for half of the teen days, a "tween" stage when they can do things like prepare meals and be home alone but can't get a job, drive, and definitely not woohoo/date. I'd be okay with pretending teens start out as middle schoolers, except they all want to woohoo (due to ACR) pretty soon after they grow up, when they'd be about 9 or 10 years old, and it makes me uncomfortable. I'm dealing with it by pretending Sims have an accelerated growth and mature quickly, then sending them to college after about 8 days as a teen, i.e., they complete high school.
Mad Poster
#9656 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 12:44 AM
By default the teen stage definitely is far too long proportionally when compared to the other stages. My husband and I worked out our own proportional aging mod a while back which put child and teen stages as the same length. The only issue with it was that we needed the infant stage to be just one day and that's impossible (it can't be shorter than two days). I've since decided I'd prefer a double-length age duration, but using the same logic as our previous mod. We had one day equaling roughly one year so our new one (once we make it) will have one day equaling roughly half a year. But yes, if you're thinking logically about the numbers at all, the default teen stage is far too long and adulthood is far too short. So long as you've got SimPE, it's not too difficult to move days around in an age mod to suit your own preferences.
Scholar
#9657 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 1:23 AM
I've got a mod that makes adulthood varying lengths, which works for me, and I also have one that shortens pregnancy to 36 hours (= 9 months), so the only thing that doesn't work for me right now is teen. But I send pretty much all my teens to college so the ability to send them early takes care of it for me. In my mind, they spend half their "teen" years (~8 days) in high school and then go to college for about 4 years, which roughly equals the 15 days of teenhood.
Mad Poster
#9658 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:21 AM
I hate how my mean sims always resort to 'annoy' or 'argue' as their first interaction with a sim. Just stop already. I can't run an H&M when you're being mean to everybody.

Top Secret Researcher
#9659 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:58 AM
I resorted to sim manipulator's instant relations because I got tired of all the fights that disrupt everything.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#9660 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I hate how my mean sims always resort to 'annoy' or 'argue' as their first interaction with a sim. Just stop already. I can't run an H&M when you're being mean to everybody.

Squinge has several mods collections for that. If you want only run shop in peace there is No autonomous shop collection
If you want totally get rid of bad autonomous choices, there is http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,7305.0.html just for some most agressive socials.
Mad Poster
#9661 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Yes, the classic version throws the same errors for me. The classic version is unsupported, so don't expect a fix anytime soon.

I'd suggest switching to the new version. It's cleaner and more stable.

If it didn't give me a headache in five minutes, I would!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#9662 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 7:21 PM
and adulthood is far too short.

Funny you should mention this, the other day I was doing random calculations, including some sim aging. I remember having seen a video which says that a sim's life from birth to adulthood is 30 days, while adulthood is only 29, so by the time teens become adults their parents are already elders. But then, I remembered that the messages you get at 6 o'clock about your sim aging up heavily imply (IMO) that you should age up the sim immediately, AKA one day early. This way, a sim's life from birth to death is actually 26 days, which is shorter than the adult stage.

...Except that pregnancy is a thing, and it takes three days. Well this was quite pointless.
Top Secret Researcher
#9663 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 10:17 PM
Yeah, before I had my age mod I always found it annoying that a sim's oldest child would become an adult (or even just go off to college--that wasn't calculated there!) at the same time the sim would become an elder. And their youngest would likely be a child when they're an elder!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#9664 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Yeah, before I had my age mod I always found it annoying that a sim's oldest child would become an adult (or even just go off to college--that wasn't calculated there!) at the same time the sim would become an elder. And their youngest would likely be a child when they're an elder!

My two irl children will graduate high school when I'm 43 and 45 respectively. I'm not entirely sure what age would be the best human equivalent to TS2 Elder, but with the fully grey hair, hunched walk, and wanting to retire, I'm thinking it's probably a bit older than 45!
Mad Poster
#9665 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 1:42 AM
My two irl children will graduate high school when I'm 43 and 45 respectively. I'm not entirely sure what age would be the best human equivalent to TS2 Elder, but with the fully grey hair, hunched walk, and wanting to retire, I'm thinking it's probably a bit older than 45!

I think IRL this kind of people are 65+, depends of retirement age in different countries. I myself am around 60, have 7 grandchildren (oldest is 20), only slightly gray hair, healthy and my posture is better than some youngster's.
#9666 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 1:55 AM
ACR has added lots of drama to my game, but today it made me go "awww!"

Johnny Smith and Ophelia Nigmos got put back together again - Johnny slept with other women when he became an adult and Ophelia had a short thing with Tank Grunt. I don't know how they'll work out together in the long run, but so far they seem very happy together and just got married. Everyone was dancing on the dance floor when a cut scene started. I was so confused because I had no idea what it could be. But it was Jill Smith and Buck Grunt. In the middle of the dance floor they shared their first kiss. They looked so cute in their formal wear and with everyone else dancing around them. I never noticed any romantic interactions between them before, so this was very sweet.
Mad Poster
#9667 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:00 AM
From what I can recall, in a vanilla game, the adults age after 29 years, which makes them approximately 54 or thereabouts, with a variable end of life in 10-15 years. Which is far shorter than most human lifespans.
Most adults that I know of (including myself) don't retire until at least 62, or thereafter, because you know, Social Security doesn't kick in until then. But I've know plenty of people who kept working long after that age.
And that's why I use an aging mod because it's far too short a lifespan and while they're annoying as all heck when they get older, the pixels have a long time to annoy everyone around them.
Which is is the point of getting older.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9668 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 5:45 PM
I use an aging controller hack which is a clock to turn aging on or off for a specific age group or a specific sim so they age up only when they should like a baby lasts for an entire 10 day season while a toddler is a toddler for the rest of that year and for another two years after that which means it will take 110 days to age up from birth to a child which happens on their third birthday.They get six years as a child before aging to teen which is only three years before becoming young adults and eventually adults.I use a 40 day time span for each year.
Forum Resident
#9669 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 8:10 PM
I like to give my sims silly names for my neighborhood so I come up with names like Ginger Vitis, Va Cation, The Captain and Teresa Nemo, Candy Cane, Summer Sea, you get the point. Since my sims game is based off imagination my silly names are unique to my worlds. I have a ton more of names.
Top Secret Researcher
#9670 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I like to give my sims silly names for my neighborhood so I come up with names like Ginger Vitis, Va Cation, The Captain and Teresa Nemo, Candy Cane, Summer Sea, you get the point. Since my sims game is based off imagination my silly names are unique to my worlds. I have a ton more of names.

I used to name some of the Broke family like that - Dawn, Storm, Stone, etc.
Scholar
#9671 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 4:51 AM
Does this look like too many solar panels?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#9672 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 12:42 PM
Depends, are you trying to power the building or the continent?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#9673 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 4:45 PM
I used that new hack featured on the front page "gift giving' and when I used it, the hostess of the party and her daughter got in return for their gifts, fish.

That's a new take on "Thanks for all the fish!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9674 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 5:52 PM
Am I weird that I get up every day excited because I get to play my game? Asking for a friend.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#9675 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 7:40 PM
You say that as if there's something wrong with being weird.

Anything that gets you up excited every day is good.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 387 of 511