Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated Farm Animals with Custom Sounds and Custom Animations

by rebecah Posted 28th Dec 2007 at 3:35 AM - Updated 1st Feb 2011 at 5:07 PM by rebecah

197 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 168 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 7:23 AM
Wow, what a fantastic job! I am still speechless. Thank you for creating and sharing.
Have a Happy New Year and be so creative like this year. Thank you.
Alchemist
#27 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 8:29 AM
You are so amazing with these farm animals.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Inventor
#28 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 10:31 AM
Thank you Rebecah, I always wanted animated farmanimals and you posted them on my birthday!!!!! They are lovely and I like the sounds.
I wish you a very good, happy and creative new year!!
Alchemist
#29 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 11:15 AM
It´s one more reason to found a farm with farmers, animals and crops and all, it´s so amazing, thank you a lot!
... and good luck for the contest!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 7:10 PM
My comments deleted too so I'll just say these are absolutely AMAZING creations and I love them. And thank you soooo much for sharing these with us!
Scholar
#31 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:43 PM
I love 'em!! Thanks for sharing! x x
Forum Resident
#32 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:58 PM
Oh, how perfect!! I absolutely adore this, and I love the realism of your meshes. I think it's wonderful how you included toddler interactions for the smaller animals as well. Excellent, excellent job. <3
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 9:30 PM
Very awesome! The rideable sheep file keeps saying that it's invalid or corrupt. That was the main one I wanted, can it be fixed?

Please visit my sims fansite. It is for posting links to the best TS2 videos, stories, downloads, and Seasons reviews. There is also a forum and guestbook. http://www.freewebs.com/ladytshay/index.htm
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Shay
Very awesome! The rideable sheep file keeps saying that it's invalid or corrupt. That was the main one I wanted, can it be fixed?

Is it the zipfile that says it's invalid or corrupt? If so please try to redownload. If not please explain.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:16 AM
These are very cool! Thanks for sharing them.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 5:01 AM Last edited by gazania : 27th Jan 2008 at 3:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Shay

I just tried the sheep file, and it loaded fine for me. I had a similar problem with the chicken file, and had to try quite a few times, but it loaded fine in the end. Maybe the site has been a bit ornery lately.

Anyway, this set of downloads was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the chickens. Thank you!

EDIT ... And now it seems that my daughter just LOVES the lamb. I was going to delete the file, since I wanted just the chickens (I was raised around chickens ... it brings back memories), but my daughter exclaimed that the lamb was just so adorable that I simply couldn't delete it!
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:35 PM Last edited by StephSim : 4th Jan 2008 at 3:04 PM.
Reposting...
Thank you for creating such a wonderful collection! Personally, the time and effort that goes into such creations is mind boggling to me. I create lots and know the days and weeks it can take to get simple ideas going. Congratulations on your branching out into territory that's new to you!

Personally, I don't want my Sims to ride the animals (only because I have issues watching people ride horses since the invention of cars). I am simply amazed at the realistic look of the animals. The best I've seen thus far!

However, my son is SO EXCITED to see the animals move and have sound. I haven't shared the "rideable" element with him yet. He may just have a heart attack! Thanks for sharing these!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 8:53 PM
I love you and your farm animals! Thank you!

♥ Sukinamono wa Sukidakara Shouganai ♥
- Sukisyo -
Test Subject
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:14 PM
The animals do not seem to be doing their sounds/animations autonomously in my game. The only way they do anything is if my sim selects them and then selects what they want them to do. And even then they only do it once. Is that the way it is supposed to work or are they not working correctly in my game?
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 10:59 PM
Wow! Animations! I've not seen any animated objects in a while. gd job.

Any requests, questions or queries just send them too [email protected]
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 11:00 PM
does it use single object anims or skeletal?

Any requests, questions or queries just send them too [email protected]
Scholar
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by webmessia
does it use single object anims or skeletal?

I created a skelton for each item. Most have at least 43 joints. I took me a few days for each one to build just the joints.
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 1:04 AM Last edited by rebecah : 3rd Jan 2008 at 1:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by agentsgirl12
The animals do not seem to be doing their sounds/animations autonomously in my game. The only way they do anything is if my sim selects them and then selects what they want them to do. And even then they only do it once. Is that the way it is supposed to work or are they not working correctly in my game?

Sims are attracted to them for fun needs. Your sims have to have free will also. My sims do them constantly to the point it gets irritaiting.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 5:40 PM
wow!!
i love your work but these are so amazing
excellent work, my respects to you, really great
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:42 PM
Default Finally! I've been waiting ages for this!
Thank you! I'm so glad someone finally figured out how to do this! I've been wanting animated farm animals since forever and dispaired of ever seeing any.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 4:52 AM
After looking at the messages I'm assuming someone was upset? Couldn't tell it though with over 1,000+ downloads. I love all your little critters. The animations on them may not be perfect, but I agree with what someone else said the fact that you even got them animated is unbelievable! I haven't seen anyone else do it. I love the realistic sound packages and it cracks me up to see Sims riding them. THANK YOU!!
Field Researcher
#48 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 1:42 PM
This is a brilliant accomplishment you have done here and I thank you for your tremendous effort. One thing I want to suggest though. In your introductory comments, you said

Quote:
The ride able options are non autonomous, sounds and other animations are autonomous.

I assumed you meant that the animal's movements and sounds were automonous. I see from your comments to agentsgirl12 that the autonomous part applies to the sims and not the animals. It would be nice if the animals moved autonomously so my sims wouldn't have to interact with them to make them move because otherwise, they're just static animals like so many others that have been posted.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 6:04 PM
These are great as is all your things. Now I can make a farm. Thanks for all your hard work to make the game fun.
Test Subject
#50 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 8:21 AM
well i've got a little problem with this.
I downloaded the chicks but in the game i only see the mesh package so it doesn't work

but i reeeeeeeealy want it because they are so cute (and fun )
Page 2 of 8