Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recoloured chimneys (EP-ready)

by Numenor Posted 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:32 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2005 at 7:03 PM by Numenor : Converted packages to EP-ready format

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
#26 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:15 AM
These are so awesome, thank you so much
Field Researcher
#27 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 1:39 AM
Oooh nice. i can't wait to use this.
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 3:54 AM
Okay,

I've followed the instructions and installed the 5 chimney packages in the downloads folder ... actually I have a folder for my objects which is inside the downloads folder ... maybe this is the problem...anyway I build the fireplace like usual and then using the design tool, click on the chimney or try to but it keeps saying object is not designable. I haven't put the wallpaper on the outside of the house yet because I wanted to see what paper would look best with the chimney but I am unable to apply a design to it.
:banghead:

Do you actually have to have Sims in the house already or can you do this all when you're building the house on the empty lot ... I noticed you said "while still in buy mode" ... click on the design tool and then click on the different sections of the chimney to apply the new textures?

Hope you can clear this up for me ... I want new chimneys ... and fieldstone and flagstone ones would be great (hint hint)
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 6:32 AM
Default New Chimneys
I love these! I was so ready for some recolored chimneys! Now, if only you could get the modular stairs! (I know, I'm a greedy little downloader, aren't I?) In any case, I'm over the moon for new chimneys and so far, they seem to be working superbly.
Kate, did you see that CEP got updated again to allow for recoloring chimneys? If you haven't gone and redownloaded, go to http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=35224 to get the latest version that enabled chimney redesign. ~KG
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 8:07 AM
Awsome! "Hannon Le" Numenor!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 9:41 AM Last edited by numenor : 24th Jan 2005 at 9:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Isiliel
Awsome! "Hannon Le" Numenor!

Eheheh! Sindarin is not my favourite language , but I discovered that actually the right syntax should be "Le Hannon". What a pity we don't have an Elf to ask about... :D

KATE139: you can put the recolour packages into subfolders nested into the main download folder, I myself do this and they work. But you need the latest CEP 1.3 to recolour them!

KLGFCG: The modular stairs were my first love and now they are my last enemy... I hope I'll be able to recolour them, sooner or later (but I fear it will be.. later!).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 11:43 AM
Thank-you KLGFCG and Numenor ... that was the answer ... I didn't know the CEP had been updated ... downloaded it ... installed it ... and VIOLA (voila) she is a working and I am ecstatic...

Thanks again :bow:

Now I gotta go ... build ... play :sprint:

bye bye now ...

Kate
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 4:30 PM
This is great thank you!!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 2:45 AM
The chimneys work a treat - thankyou! I too couldn't get them to work until I realised there was a new version of CEP - that made the chimneys and your MOST excellent cracked glass work brilliantly! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 4:39 AM
cracked glass?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 8:00 AM Last edited by numenor : 25th Jan 2005 at 9:26 AM.
LOL, cyclonesue is talking about the broken window that I've made for the thrashed set, not about a cracked glass chimney!

Errr, Cyclonesue, you are *not* talking about a glass chimney, right?

(after a while...) EDIT:
OK, why not experimenting something strange? Here is the glass (actually, plexiglass) chimney...
I'm sure it will crumble in pieces or melt the first time you light up the fire, but who cares?

Maybe the guys at AAA can find a proper use for this chimney.
I'm putting it for download in post #1.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:21 PM
no,i was actually wondering about cracked glass windows..ill go look in trashed..thanx
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 3:25 AM
These are awesome. I love the fact that there will now be more outside testures for the chimneys/fireplaces. Thank you so very, very much.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by numenor
Finally! No more ugly red bricks for our chimneys!

Do you think you can make some walls that match the new chimneys and put them in the walls section?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 7:57 PM Last edited by numenor : 28th Jan 2005 at 7:59 PM.
Lobstergirl, nice to meet you again! I haven't written you, but you were in my thoughts

As for the walls, my intention was to create chimney recolours that would match the existing walls, not the contrary... Except for the glass chimney (that was basically a joke), all the other recolours already have a matching wall (the first one, the wooden one, is a custom wall made from (???) for the trashed set).
Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 12:09 PM
OO!! that is a really good thing, I find it so clever that you can make this!! many thanks for the work on it.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 6:43 PM
thanks soo much theses are great .....
plzee will you do some more like this?
Forum Resident
#43 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 5:21 PM
Thank you Numenor for these. I have not done anything lately for Ihad to upgrade my memmory ram is now higher 256x2=512 now. wow what a diffrence.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 9:02 PM
Luv Em!! The glass one is my fave. Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 3:16 AM
Awesome!! The glass one is SO cool! Gj! -- am downloading
Forum Resident
#46 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 9:16 PM
I've been using these. They are wonderful. But -- are you going to update these for the EP? or do you want us dumb downloaders ( or err, this dumb downloader, hehehe) messing with your wonderful creations? LOL (not trying to offend downloaders, really!)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 10:19 PM
Yep numenor, do these work the same as object recolors? If so maybe I can make it ready for the expansion myself. And thank you for all your hard work for the Sims Community, it's greatly appreciated!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 11:15 AM
BluBug, there's no need for you to fix them: just redownload the EP versions that I,ve posted right now.
LOL! I've fixed so many objects (made by other users) and I forgot to fix mine! Thanks for having reminded me that.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 11:31 AM
Thankyou Numenor ....They look so great in my haunted house.
Test Subject
#50 Old 12th Mar 2005 at 12:04 PM
Thanks much, can you make a framed glass roof panel?
Page 2 of 4