Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Warlokk's Female BodyShape Variety Project w/ Non-default Nude Meshes

by Warlokk Posted 18th Sep 2005 at 5:37 AM - Updated 5th Jan 2006 at 3:45 AM by Warlokk : Moved instructions to the top

410 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 405 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 17
Test Subject
#76 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 8:59 PM
Great job!
Question- due to the size of all the files, could I just download the meshes and say, 2 of the skins, or do I HAVE to download them ALL for them to work?
Instructor
Original Poster
#77 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 9:14 PM
jbloom-- Waists are kinda out though, because the meshes need to line up top and bottom, and they meet at the waist. It would just be a big mess. The Fat morph does expand it some, but I know exactly what you mean.

weemntfolk-- Yes, you can do that if you like... in fact, if you download all the other files besides the skintones, you'll get all the clothing outfits in the different sizes, and can preview to see which body sizes you like, then grab just those. I'd recommend the 34C natural and enhanced to start, they're really nice and not too over-the-top.
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 12:38 AM Last edited by Elerneron : 27th Sep 2005 at 1:17 AM. Reason: Edited out the edits
Great work, I just spent all last night adding the 4 basic skintones to each one of these! One problem though. Your 34A's with 34 hips have 38 hips. Just thought you should know. I haven't checked out all the others yet.

Thanks for all your work.
Instructor
Original Poster
#79 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 1:34 AM Last edited by Warlokk : 27th Sep 2005 at 4:30 AM.
Hmm, I'll have to check that out tonight... thanks for the heads-up. May be a bad reference in the mesh.

I spent several hours doing the exact same thing on mine yesterday... wish there was an easier way to update swatches though, what a pain... ah well.

Update: Whoops, I'll be damned, the 34A-28-34 body is a bit large in the caboose... I'll fix that and update shortly.

Update: Fixed files added to main post. Get just the 34A-28-34_Fixed if you already have the set, full 34A Skin set is updated as well. Oops.
Test Subject
#80 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 3:09 AM
thanks so much, i'll give this a try a little later, looks awesome! ^^

"come away oh human child, through the waters and the wild, fairy hand-in-hand, for the worlds more full of weeping, than you can understand"
Test Subject
#81 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 3:35 AM
Warlokk, have you considered taking this a step further? Something similar to the old Sims 1 "Rubenesque" or "XXL" bodies? This might need a ripe,round 42" bottom to get the desired effect...

My father used to say, "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" - until the accident.
Instructor
Original Poster
#82 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 4:32 AM
Blackie, have you tried taking a 38DD-28-38, and applying the Fat setting? It's pretty close. Otherwise, since modifying the waist size is a problem, going too much bigger will look a bit odd, I think. Someone may prove me wrong however, I encourage anyone who wants to take these meshes and do what you like with them.
Test Subject
#83 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 4:50 AM
Warlokk, Thanks. I found the nude set of this in adult forum. I happy now !

-----------------------------------------------
Sorry for my bad english. I am a brazilian guy.
Instructor
#84 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 5:08 AM
Just popped in quickly to say I've got it to work and have already created a few outfits for her, but most l just cloned my faves on her. I'm working on getting in game pics. And will post here as a gift to you.
Test Subject
#85 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 6:58 AM
Great Warlok, you should talk to EA games to try and get these added to other Ep
Instructor
Original Poster
#86 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 7:13 AM
jacciinati-- That's great! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Alex-- I would hope if Maxis put something in the game to do this, they would do it with morphs instead... this is definitely the hard way, but for now it's all we got If they had body shape morph sets instead that you could apply to your Sim, it would affect all clothing, without having to sort through the catalog to find stuff that fits the size you want. Ah well, maybe some day they'll listen to us.
Test Subject
#87 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 8:56 PM Last edited by ezevolk : 27th Sep 2005 at 8:58 PM.
Where Do You Access These In the Game? (After Downloaded)
Instructor
Original Poster
#88 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 12:26 AM
They should show up in BodyShop or in CAS, as Custom Skintones and clothing items. If you don't see them, you probably extracted them to the wrong folder, they should be in Downloads.
Test Subject
#89 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 5:04 AM Last edited by ElrondMunro : 28th Sep 2005 at 6:02 AM.
I'm really eager to use these, but I feel like an idiot because I can't make them work. For example, I extracted the following files into downloads:

Warlokk_SknEnh38DD-28-34.package
MESH_AFBodyNaked_Enh38DD-28-34.package

I went into Body shop and I found the skin under the genetics "hand" symbol. I selected it and created the sim. I exported it to my desktop. I got out of Body shop and clicked on the icon and it said it had installed it. A new file appeared in the downloads directory.

When I finish creating my sim, I go into the game and when I tell her to get naked she turns invisible except for her head.

I looked everywhere in the FAQs etc and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Instructor
Original Poster
#90 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 7:16 AM
Ah, that's because the true nude state, i.e. the skintones, use the top and bottom separate meshes. So the absolute minimum you'd have to install is the Skintone, which you got, plus the MESH_TopEnh38DD. The bottom mesh for 34 is a Maxis default so you don't need one for that.

Also you should grab the clothing tops and bottoms too, those are the easiest test. If they show up in Bodyshop, your nude should work OK too, since it's the same meshes.

Hope that helps... of course the easiest solution would be to install ALL the mesh files, just to be sure... they're pretty small. The clothing files are small too, and that would let you see what all the bodyshapes look like without getting them naked, and without having to install the skintones. Then you can go back and install skintones for the sizes you'd like to use.
Test Subject
#91 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 7:43 AM
Thanks for your suggestions! I've got it working, except for one thing. To get the nude body to match the clothes, I have to use the skintone you provide. There are no nipples or vulva. I saw somewhere else that I needed to use a skintone to provide that, but when I do, the body shape reverts back to the maxis default.

By the way, I am REALLY impressed with the breast shapes you've achieved. Everyone else seems to make them artificial looking or distorted in some other way, and yours look really natural. .

Now I just need to get the nipples, etc. and I'll be good to go!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 12:13 PM
Brilliant!
It might have taken ages to download, but hey, there're two bright sides. The first one is the obvious, that now I get to have an absolute ball and make all my pretty female Sims so much more realistic, and the second... it gave me a chance to start re-reading 'Eragon'. :D

~ Nessa
Instructor
Original Poster
#93 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 3:36 PM
Elrond-- If you export the skintone I created in Bodyshop, then replace the textures with the ones from another skinpack you have and re-import, the new skin will keep the shapes. It takes a while to do all of them, but one should only take a few minutes.
Test Subject
#94 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Warlokk
Elrond-- If you export the skintone I created in Bodyshop, then replace the textures with the ones from another skinpack you have and re-import, the new skin will keep the shapes. It takes a while to do all of them, but one should only take a few minutes.

I really appreciate your patience. Whatever I have to do will be well worth it if I can get these to show up right.

I'm at work and will try this when I go home for lunch. I want to describe this in my words to see if you agree with my method:

1. Create a girl in Bodyshop using your 36c-28-36 for the skintone.

2. Export that person to my desktop.

3. Import her by doubleclicking on the desktop icon.

5. Go back into Bodyshop and change the skintone on the newly imported sim to the one with genitalia, and I now have one with both your bodyshape and the genitalia?
Instructor
Original Poster
#95 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 6:08 PM
I haven't ever used Bodyshop to export a Sim before (I make all my Sims in-game), but I think you'll need to convert the skintone first. Go to Create parts, New Project, and load the skintone you want to use on my meshes, and export it. Cancel that project, it'll leave the textures in your Projects folder. Start another project, export my skintone with the shape you want. Leave Bodyshop open, and copy the textures from your skintone project folder into mine, overwriting the files. Go back to Bodyshop, refresh to make sure it looks OK, and re-import, and the new Skintone should show up in Bodyshop and CAS. Build your sim with that, and you're all set!
Test Subject
#96 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 9:31 PM Last edited by ElrondMunro : 28th Sep 2005 at 9:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Warlokk
I haven't ever used Bodyshop to export a Sim before (I make all my Sims in-game), but I think you'll need to convert the skintone first. Go to Create parts, New Project, and load the skintone you want to use on my meshes, and export it. Cancel that project, it'll leave the textures in your Projects folder. Start another project, export my skintone with the shape you want. Leave Bodyshop open, and copy the textures from your skintone project folder into mine, overwriting the files. Go back to Bodyshop, refresh to make sure it looks OK, and re-import, and the new Skintone should show up in Bodyshop and CAS. Build your sim with that, and you're all set!

Ok I tried it at lunch and ended up with a sim that had invisible body when nude, but I suspect I deleted a file I shouldn't have trying to make my directory cleaner. Will try again tonight.

Questions: What do you mean when you say "refresh to make sure it's ok"? To me, refresh is browser terminology. I think I did it as you described though except for the refresh part. I'm not seeing the larger breasts because she has maxis everyday clothes on. I probably need nude clothes so I can be sure I've got the right mesh, but that isn't absolutely necessary if I end up with the right finished product.

Am I correct in my understanding that the project I end up with has the textures with the nipples, plus the enhanced breasts because the latter didn't get written over when I copied the nipple textures into the enhanced body project directory? I take it what I end up with is a directory with some of your files left that didn't get written over; otherwise there is no point in the copy.

There are two files in there that I didn't copy when I copied the nipple texture files into my project with your skins in it. One I think was called "spawn" and the other had the project name in it. Was that correct, or did I need to copy ALL the files into the project directory I want to end up with?
Instructor
Original Poster
#97 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:23 AM
Bodyshop's got a little "Refresh" circle-arrow thing on it, to update the display model after you change textures.

You are correct, you want to copy all of the BMP files, the one you're thinking of is "Swatch", which is the little square icon that shows up in the skintones list. Don't mess with the .package file, that contains the mesh info that points to my meshes, just like you thought.

Usually invisible parts means missing MESH packages... try re-extracting my mesh files to your Downloads directory, just to make sure they're all there, that should fix it.
#98 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:27 AM
how do unblur the blur ?
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:30 AM
Wonderful stuff, Warlokk! Now, all we need is a tool to do deformations for bodies in the same way that CAS does for do for faces (like Poser does). EA, are you listening ?

What's the best way to make God laugh?
Tell him your plans for your future!
Instructor
Original Poster
#100 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 12:34 AM
Frog, that's exactly what I was hoping would be in the game when it first came out... imagine my disappointment when it wasn't...

BoRobert, do a search for "censor", there's a few out there now. I think Quaxi's is considered to be the "final" one, but I'm not sure.
Page 4 of 17