Replies: 523 (Who?), Viewed: 20105 times.
Page 21 of 21
Top Secret Researcher
#501 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Weddings, babies, family play is the making of a generations pack IMO. But because EA is EA, they're going to break it up into small bits and pieces so they can keep people on the hook longer. If they were to put all that stuff in a single pack, they wouldn't be able to nickle and dime people.

Those things should have been in the base game instead of gem stone collecting and angry poops.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#502 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 9:28 AM
I watched a opinion video the other day regarding TS4 and all of its DLC. The person made it a point to mention how much this game costs. If not bought on sale, it is now just over $1,000.00 and change on Steam. This lead to a path of talking about other games that are more expensive such as Train Simulator. What Train Simulator has to do with Sims, I haven't a clue, but I was determined to sit the video out and wait for a point.

Once the whole what game has more expensive DLC topic was touched on, it was back to TS4 and what should be part of the base game. In a nutshell, this person thinks anything that involves life should have been part of the base game, including weather and pets. Occults were left out as there are no werewolves, vampires, plant sims, ect... It would have made sense for the person to explain what she thought should be sold as DLC besides occults, but that was never brought up and there was no follow through.

What EA is doing right now continues to work for them. People have spent a $1,000.00 and change on this game and many would spend another thousand in the name of having "a complete collection". That being said, with all the things the person in the video decided should have been sold at the time TS4 was released, would people spend the the same thousand up front to have all the life things at release? I'm guessing the answer would be a hard no even though that kind of money has already been spent in many cases. It has happened over the course of what is going on 8 years instead of one lump sum. Just in kits alone, if a person bought all of them to date, that is $45.00 drained from their pockets.

Obviously how people choose to spend $1,000.00 is entirely up to them. I recently spent that kind of cash to insulate my attic. Now instead of paying over $200.00 a month to heat my house during the cold months, it is under $100.00. I expect similar results during the summer as cool air will no longer just be going through the roof. Insulating a attic isn't fun, but I like keeping my money in my pocket rather than giving it to a company that I don't like very much...
Mad Poster
#503 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 9:42 PM
This has not been worth $1,000. Not by a long shot.

The game still feels empty 7 years in and is only good for building. They have yet to fix the corners they cut in when the game first released.

I remember complaining about the elevator in TS3 and how we only ever receive one. We’ve since received multiple in TS4 and none of them work properly.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#504 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 11:38 AM
It's interesting how Maxis loves to crap on TS3, but because it still makes money, EA (as the publisher) keeps selling it. People could buy all TS3 packs last week for $66.00. One hand puppet sez one thing, the other hand puppet sez another.

It makes me wonder how much cash from TS3 sales is helping pay for the current development of TS4. We'll never know if TS4 is actually capable of sustaining itself until EA stops squeezing the TS3 cash cow. Moo...
Mad Poster
#505 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 2:49 PM
TS4 was pretending to be TS3 for a while, releasing similar content in a similar order (not exact, but close enough)

Luxury Party - High End Loft Stuff
Outdoor Retreat - World Adventures
Get To Work - Ambitions
Perfect Patio - Outdoor Living
Get Together, City Living, Vampires, Vintage Glamour - Late Night
Parenthood - Generations
Cats & Dogs - Pets
Seasons - Seasons
Showtime - Get Famous
Island Living - Island Paradise
University Living - University

Top Secret Researcher
#506 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 8:04 PM
What is even with the lighter skin shades under the "neutral" and "cold" categories???

I don't think anybody in real life is those shades of..uh... not even sure what to call that colour...rose pink? Cake frosting pink? Flower nymph from Disney's Hercules Pink?

Forum Resident
#507 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
TS4 was pretending to be TS3 for a while, releasing similar content in a similar order (not exact, but close enough)

Luxury Party - High End Loft Stuff
Outdoor Retreat - World Adventures
Get To Work - Ambitions
Perfect Patio - Outdoor Living
Get Together, City Living, Vampires, Vintage Glamour - Late Night
Parenthood - Generations
Cats & Dogs - Pets
Seasons - Seasons
Showtime - Get Famous
Island Living - Island Paradise
University Living - University

I always thought it was particularly funny that when people really started hammering down on how useless emotions were, their defining feature of TS4, that they literally switched the tagline from the original one "Smarter Sims, Weirder Stories" to TS3's "Play With Life" lol.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#508 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 3:03 PM
IMO, "Play with life" doesn't work for TS4 either. I'll explain...

Maxis likes to boast at the end of every year how many hours players spent in game.

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1473024663576010753

However, one of the many things they don't talk about is how much of that time is spent fighting against TS4's broken AI.

https://twitter.com/SimMattically/s...530506261835777

Just like when EA talks about sales numbers in their fiscal quarterly reports, there is large chunks of information missing from Maxis' reporting as well. If humans had to function like TS4's broken AI, nothing would get done.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#509 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 1:05 PM
The most obnoxious award for Jan 16, 2022 goes to....

Drum roll, please..... Maxis! Is that cheering I hear or jeering?

https://twitter.com/acidlure/status/1482486642065743884

The second most obnoxious award goes to the people defending this. If Maxis adds something to the game that screws it up as bad as these people are saying it does, then it is time to tell Maxis to stop doing that thing rather than defending the gaslighting. WTF is wrong with people? Are these people that are hell bent on defending Maxis no matter what they do EA shareholders? I'm starting to think so even though from the other sides of these peoples mouths will be rants about how capitalism is all things evil even though these very same people participate in and perpetuate the 'evil'.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#510 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 4:45 PM
The pronouns system is similar to the nickname system, as I expected. You can input anything you want.

First look at Customizable Pronouns coming to The Sims 4
Screenshots

Taiwan Soul!
Alchemist
#511 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 9:30 PM
I will not make comment about pronouns, but as for missing packs, how can we even have items in a save that we do not have? I go back to a lot sometimes and am told some items from build have been removed as I do not have them. How could they have gotten on the lot in the first place if I do not have them? And if this BS ruins saves I may be totally done with this version. I have lost at least half of my game already as the game blew away the saves.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#512 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 11:35 PM
UGH! The Dancing Queen is back! Whether she's back with Maxis or just back...it doesn't matter. I guess her career on Facebook wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruRachel/s...ICqsezekZ4pAAAA

Goes back to playing ACNH. If there is dancing, at least it's cute...
Screenshots
Smeg Head
#513 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 5:29 PM
Well, it's got to be back with Maxis if still holding a SimGuru title? Or is that one of those honorary titles you're allowed to keep like a doctorate, or ex-presidents, no matter what other career you slink-off into. I mean with all the latest emphasis on getting pronouns sorted, best to strip them of the SimGuru title if that's no longer what they represent.

Either way, I feel some dance moves coming on. Time to dust off the Abba cd.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#514 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 5:51 PM
Oh no! Rachelwise, the Dancing Clown is back!

And her first message is already "gold"

"a positive, fun, fair and safe experience for all"

So...nothing bad will ever happen in Sims ever again.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#515 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 25th Jan 2022 at 11:30 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
Well, it's got to be back with Maxis if still holding a SimGuru title? Or is that one of those honorary titles you're allowed to keep like a doctorate, or ex-presidents, no matter what other career you slink-off into. I mean with all the latest emphasis on getting pronouns sorted, best to strip them of the SimGuru title if that's no longer what they represent.

I don't know if she's back with Maxis. I would think so for the reason you pointed out, but who knows. We'll find out sooner rather than later.

I'm confused by her message. The last time Maxis used the whole 'safe space' label, they were engaging in gatekeeping for a pedo. Fair and fun? I don't call a game studio gaslighting customers into spending more money fair or fun, but to each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspear1
Either way, I feel some dance moves coming on. Time to dust off the Abba cd.

Noice!

For the full effect, have a group of sims hang out in a bar with a stereo so they can dance the night away. If there is a way to make them all clap, even better.

EDIT: A FYI for those that don't know what we're talking about and are too afraid to ask...

The Sims 4 Get Together: Official Gamescom Announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-yr0ZjQN0M

"You Rule"...Nope! TS4 sims do whatever the frick they want.
Top Secret Researcher
#516 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 8:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat

"You Rule"...Nope! TS4 sims do whatever the frick they want.

Right? In no other Sims game do the Sims ignore your commands as often and as thoroughly as in Sims 4.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#517 Old Yesterday at 10:25 AM
Sims 4 update 1-25-2022:

Update 1/25/2022
PC: 1.83.24.1030 / Mac: 1.83.24.1230
Console: Version 1.51

Hello Simmers!

Hope you are all well and safe wherever you are in the World.

We start 2022 with the season of Simthing to Celebrate, or as I call it - Confetti Season, and we started it not only with a Sims Delivery in early January but now, with a game update!

We hope this new year brings everyone happiness. To me, every new year is a chance for new beginnings, and new wishes. Not going to deny that this year hits a bit different and more so than the past, and as I'm writing these notes I feel a bit nostalgic even, but without losing the optimism that the new year brings.

I hope you all have a great start of the year and, and well of course, the months to come. We have a fantastic year ahead in all things Sims, and we look forward to share it with all of you, and for you all to enjoy.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback and, remember, have fun!

Chaucitos!

-SimGuruRusskii

What's New?

This game update might not be a big endeavor, but it will allow us to get the year started.

As today we announced the Carnaval Streetwear Kit, we want to start getting into the spirit of Carnaval. For this we have added a new Radio Station - named aptly Carnaval Beats - so your Sims (and you) can enjoy the festive rhythm inspired by Brazil's Carnaval on your favorite in game stereo.

Bug Fixes

The Sims 4

If your Sims are the type of those who aspire to be Villainous Valentines - now they can Convince to Leave Spouse to count toward that goal. #sorrynotsorry
We added text to some items that were missing text completely when found via bb.showhiddenobjects cheat across multiple packs.
In the spirit of love and not breaking relationships apart… too much, Sims will no longer get a call from their romantic partner asking for advice on what to do with a possible pending engagement proposal from that same Sim. Can you imagine? Awkward…

Cottage Living

We fixed an issue in which translated text for Cottage Living Likes and Dislikes was not being displayed in all languages except English.

Journey to Batuu

Sims with certain traits that affect gig compensation will now receive proper galactic credit payout for completed missions on Batuu. Because your Sims are worth it, and so are you!
Mad Poster
#518 Old Yesterday at 2:42 PM
Disappointing they only added carnival music but not any Carnival costumes or decorations. A Carnival Party would be great.

Scholar
#519 Old Yesterday at 2:58 PM
Quote:
Disappointing they only added carnival music .

I think they are trying to inspire us to buy the upcoming Kit to go with it.
Mad Poster
#520 Old Yesterday at 4:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
I think they are trying to inspire us to buy the upcoming Kit to go with it.

Doing a pretty bad job of it lol

Some would have bought the carnival set solely for the music IMO.

Personally I think it's sort of lame to have a carnival set and not include at least a bit of gameplay that would give these outfits some use. Why not have a brand new carnival social event, where invited sims would wear these outfits?
Field Researcher
#521 Old Yesterday at 5:07 PM
Quote:
Disappointing they only added carnival music but not any Carnival costumes or decorations. A Carnival Party would be great.

the costumes and decorations will be added for another 5$. who knows.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Mad Poster
#522 Old Yesterday at 5:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
Doing a pretty bad job of it lol

Personally I think it's sort of lame to have a carnival set and not include at least a bit of gameplay that would give these outfits some use. Why not have a brand new carnival social event, where invited sims would wear these outfits?

Why would we get anything of value during late stage capitalism?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#523 Old Yesterday at 7:16 PM
Quote:
Why would we get anything of value during late stage capitalism?

I suspect you already know this answer, but in the event that you don't...

You don't get anything of value. Perceived value is not the same as actual value. A example of what this means: People that buy furniture from IKEA and put it together themselves have a perception that whatever they bought has more value simply because they spent the time putting it together. If they tried to sell that same item for let's say 50% more than what they paid, it is not likely they will get their asking price when people can go to IKEA and get the same thing for less. I'm not tossing IKEA under the bus here, but the amount they charge for furniture that isn't even wood most of the time is ridiculous even without the perceived value effect.

There is no Kelly Blue Book for video games. Kelly Blue Book for those that don't know is a site that gives estimates of how much a car is worth. I could go down a rabbithole about how cars ( and things with wheels and engines in general) lose 10% of their value once driven off a car sales lot, but that's not what this is about.

All of that being said, if EA didn't make a dime on the stuff they're shoveling out the door, they wouldn't do it. They would either do something else, or close up shop and call it a day. So while it is popular for people to talk about late capitalism, people should spend time in front of a mirror as they are contributing the problem. EA preys on people that spend countless hours on Twitter ranting about social issues. EA made a decision to take advantage of this. This is crony capitalism as it's finest, but if it makes people happy to call it late capitalism, so be it.

As for the people that thump their chests with I.HATE.CAPITALISM. then turn around and brag about the new widget, video game, car, house,...whatever they bought, they should be laughed at. The bank they keep their money in operates under capitalism. The student loans some of them are buried under, also banks and also function under capitalism. The companies that make the toilets, sinks, and sell plywood for home renovations also are not in it for charity. Starbucks, Target, all those Uber drivers that deliver mountains of junk food, also work under capitalism. Youtubers that thump their chests while doing the FOMO thing so the masses will feel pressured to buy their cheaply made coffee cups and crap they're trying to peddle... it's capitalism, baby. "BUY NOW BEFORE ITS GONE!" they love to bellow. Yeah, no. Talk to the paw, sis. And while you're at it, stop talking like you're on a infomercial that is on at 3:00 AM. That's not your normal voice, use indoor voice.

I wish I could say this is most insane thing I've seen lately, but it isn't. There is plenty more stupid behind the belching of the "BUY NOW!" BS....
Scholar
#524 Old Today at 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000

Ha Ha! don't give them any ideas, but i don't care anymore, I don't even buy the Kits and Now i'm even thinking of skipping this upcoming GP considering how useless DHD was.
Page 21 of 21