Replies: 40 (Who?), Viewed: 758 times.
Page 2 of 2
Mad Poster
#26 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 4:00 PM
@Aspersim I still don't understand how your Sims are paying more at the shops than getting stuff delivered, especially considering that there's a very considerable fifty Simoleon delivery charge. I suspect they may be wasting money buying food they can never use. New Veronaville resident Lianna Cuthbert (mother of Gill Cuthbert) has kindly helped me prepare this post, which should show how my Sims go shopping and avoid wasting money.

Before going shopping my Sims check how much food is in the fridge, and how much is needed:

Choose Check Food Supplies. A message will appear saying how much food is in the fridge, and what the capacity of the fridge is.

By subtracting 177 from 200, you can see that 23 units of food are needed to fill the fridge. Food costs two Simoleons per unit, so you can calculate that it will cost 46 Simoleons to buy enough food to completely fill the fridge. Lianna then checks how much it would cost to get the food delivered:

Well, would you pay a 50 Simoleon delivery charge, to get 46 Simoleons worth of food delivered? Neither will Lianna. She decides to go to the shop and buy the food in person.

At the shop she has the option of spending hundreds of Simoleons on food. But, being one of my Sims, Lianna uses her brain. She knows there's only room for 46 Simoleons worth of food in her fridge. So that's the limit of how much she will buy.

The meter goes up in steps of eight Simoleons. So Lianna has the choice of buying 40 Simoleons worth of food, and not quite filling the fridge, or buying 48 Simoleons worth of which 2 Simoleons worth won't go in the fridge, so it will probably go to waste. Lianna lives in a 'hood run by a Scottish player, so she watches every Simoleon. She chooses to buy 40 Simoleons. When she gets back home, Lianna puts her purchases in the fridge and checks its contents again:

Her 40 Simoleons has bought 20 units of food. As I said before, every unit costs 2 Simoleons.

So, as I see it, if you're spending more to buy food in the shops, than to get it delivered, I think you're just buying a lot of food that you haven't got room for. It only makes sense to buy 600 Simoleons worth of groceries, if you've got a high capacity fridge and it's completely empty.

Once again thanks to Lianna for going shopping to illustrate this post. Normally my Sims wouldn't go and buy as little as this, but it was Lianna's first day in her house and her fridge was nearly full. So she made this shopping trip for me, just to illustrate how it's done.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 2:45 AM Last edited by Aspersim : 2nd Dec 2021 at 3:23 AM.
the more expensive refrigerator is confusing but read this post carefully you are correct but the game is random sometimes listen

I shop when sims only have 7-20 in food supply, so maybe I mis-calculated, but in my game to fill a normal cheap $450 or $600 fridge with delivery sometimes not all the time it is only $450 to fill the entire thing, maybe it's a glitch in my game, but As I said sometimes delivery is cheaper with a $450 charge for a full cheap fridge vs $600 on a full shopping location charge, the same refrigerator in the photos

meaning sometimes my sims will only pay $400 on a full portion of groceries plus a $50 delivery fee, but not all the time I've noticed in my own game at least.

As I only shop for groceries when they are extremely low, and when my sims have no food they sometimes will eat leftovers, in which it's cheaper just to buy sims groceries only when they really need them.

Sometimes in my game sims in my city neighborhood will even bring home groceries from work, does that happen in anyone else's game ???

In my game $600 at the grocery store will not I repeat will not fill the entire more expensive fridge's supply all the way up yet paying $650 over the phone or computer will fill sometimes fill an empty larger fridge up all the way up but not all the time, Sims in my game pay more when nether delivery or store is on sale.

But I can't prove there is a sale in the sims 2 because it's hidden, don't know why maybe maxis forgot to program a notification when delivery is cheaper then in store don't know but I pay attention to my game a lot, and I have a photographic memory also

Yet when A sim owns a community lot you can get the groceries as cheap as possible from the owned community lot with the downside of having to constantly open up the lot owners household and send them down to restock the cooler, or have a manager on the property with both a cashier and a restock person employed

Just like the bills, CPU owned grocery prices go up and down in the sims 2, according to what I noticed in my game, but bills are programed on how much stuff is on your lot at least that is how the sims 1 was programmed according to PRIMA, groceries in the sims 2 is a lot more complicated then the bills I guess.

Or you can farm your own food (for free) in the sims 2 seasons, and eat fish right out of the pond or lakes

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Mad Poster
#28 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 7:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
Yet when A sim owns a community lot you can get the groceries as cheap as possible from the owned community lot with the downside of having to constantly open up the lot owners household and send them down to restock the cooler, or have a manager on the property with both a cashier and a restock person employed

Do you have to refill the stock after another household has shopped? I thought that a community lot would just reset and it would only go through actual supplies if you were playing the business owner?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:53 AM
Quote:

Playing as the store owner is the best part! My farmers own the store so at least half or more of the food sold is grown produce produced on their own farm.
I make sure to sell that produce at expensive too because selling cheap would mean the owner makes little. Those crates fly off the shelf as sims prefer fresh produce over the 'junk' in the game produce bins and coolers! I set them at average too so they are cheaper for sims that need cheaper food. Sims know good organic produce when they see it. Most times I get away without hiring anyone because these are family businesses.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#30 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 12:48 PM
Quote:
Sometimes in my game sims in my city neighborhood will even bring home groceries from work, does that happen in anyone else's game ???

I think that must be a mod- are you using Dizzy's work-deliver-40-20?
https://ilikefishfood.tumblr.com/po...hacks-magic-al7

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:21 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Do you have to refill the stock after another household has shopped? I thought that a community lot would just reset and it would only go through actual supplies if you were playing the business owner?

only if you have a sim owing the community lot the community lot runs out of groceries eventually on my game my stock ran out in my sim owned business and then I could not buy anymore groceries. until I sent my shop owner to the store to restock his privately owned lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I think that must be a mod- are you using Dizzy's work-deliver-40-20?
https://ilikefishfood.tumblr.com/po...hacks-magic-al7

nope no mods, I don't use that many mods to be honest, I don't have DIzzy's work deliver so I don't know why occasionally my sims bring home grocery carts from work, when they have a vehicle

either my game is somehow different or just extremely glitchy if this don't happen in anyone else game but I am telling the truth

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#32 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:16 PM
Field Researcher
#33 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:28 PM
Quote:
only if you have a sim owing the community lot the community lot runs out of groceries eventually on my game my stock ran out in my sim owned business and then I could not buy anymore groceries. until I sent my shop owner to the store to restock his privately owned lot

nope no mods, I don't use that many mods to be honest, I don't have DIzzy's work deliver so I don't know why occasionally my sims bring home grocery carts from work, when they have a vehicle

either my game is somehow different or just extremely glitchy if this don't happen in anyone else game but I am telling the truth

Could it be that some sim has made a purchase without you noticing or in another lot? What you say sounds familiar to me and if I'm not mistaken you like to have business. Or maybe what I say has nothing to do with what you say, I don't know xD
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokisims
Could it be that some sim has made a purchase without you noticing or in another lot? What you say sounds familiar to me and if I'm not mistaken you like to have business. Or maybe what I say has nothing to do with what you say, I don't know xD

could be? I can't be certain because I don't know everything about the sims 2.

Mad Poster
#35 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 10:06 PM
Quote:
When Sims (who are not currently being played, and are therefore unselectable) buy groceries from an owned shop, they will bring home the basket, and put the food away in the fridge, the next time they come into the house. That might be after another community lot visit, but I believe it can just as easily be the next time they return home from work. What I think happens is that the game sees a Sim returning home with a basket of groceries in their inventory, and it makes them put it in the fridge. If you like playing OFB owned grocery shops, this is likely to happen.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
2nd Dec 2021 at 10:14 PM
This message has been deleted by AndrewGloria. Reason: Duplicate Post!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:24 PM
Well, if you really wanna cheat and avoid the grocery store completely, Inge has the solution:
The permafridge, which fully restocks your fridge at midnight every night.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_Eating.htm

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Mad Poster
#37 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 7:12 AM
Quote:

Ah, I never knew that.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 8:04 AM
@Hugelunatic -I use THIS to keep my fridges full in my BACC and will for my Pleasantview Epic Challenge in the early stages.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 2:07 PM
Quote:

Ah, but Inge has another hack to restock community lots, too:
Automatic Restocking Sign

It comes in two settings: "Free restock" or "At cost stocking" (which will take the amount of money right out of the pixel's home funds.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Mad Poster
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 3:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
Ah, but Inge has another hack to restock community lots, too:
Automatic Restocking Sign

It comes in two settings: "Free restock" or "At cost stocking" (which will take the amount of money right out of the pixel's home funds.

After ALL the trouble I took to make sims achieve gold badges in restocking (Which I probably will continue to do, being a sucker for punishment - I mean, liking the challenge).
Alchemist
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:31 PM
There are now lots of fridge-stockable food deco items available. My sims can buy these autonomously, while I am playing the shop owner. When I next open their lot, I take any 'food' out of inventory and put it into the fridge - or place it as decor. It's fun to see what they've bought while I was elsewhere. This makes for a rather random fridge restock, depending what my sims picked up.
I also use Dizzy's work-deliver mod, although I tweaked it - too many sims were bringing home pizza, just when their partner had cooked a nice meal! Mys sims tend to be watching the pennies, and pizza is definitely an extravagance.
My sims also store and eat a lot of leftovers. Leftover pizza and birthday cakes go into someone's inventory for later use, as well.
With all these options, the fridge is rarely empty. Sometimes a family doesn't need to cook for days at a time, so they're not using up the fridge supplies. This is a problem when they need to practise cooking!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Page 2 of 2