Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 6:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Game crashes while loading neighbourhood (super collection)
I've been playing The Sims 2 on Mac now since March/April and have not had this issue until now. I have a custom neighbourhood that I play regularly and has become quite established, but last night while playing one of my houses my game seemed to freeze on me as I was saving. I left it to see if it would unfreeze itself but after an hour or so I gave up and had to force quit. I tried to load the neighbourhood again but it crashed, and keeps crashing, even when I try to load the college. I tried other neighbourhoods and they are fine, it's just this one.
Any help would be very much apreciated, cheers.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shanikittie
I've been playing The Sims 2 on Mac now since March/April and have not had this issue until now. I have a custom neighbourhood that I play regularly and has become quite established, but last night while playing one of my houses my game seemed to freeze on me as I was saving. I left it to see if it would unfreeze itself but after an hour or so I gave up and had to force quit. I tried to load the neighbourhood again but it crashed, and keeps crashing, even when I try to load the college. I tried other neighbourhoods and they are fine, it's just this one.
Any help would be very much apreciated, cheers.

I hope that you have a previously backed up save of that Custom Neighborhood, because I think that the Neighborhood might have been corrupted when the game froze on when you were trying to save. Before giving up on that Neighborhood you can try deleting the Neighborhood Manager file and then trying to load the Neighborhood. Look in this path: /The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/NeighborhoodManager.package

If you are lucky the Neighborhood will load, if not hopefully you have a back up, if you do not have a back up then I think you will just have to redo your Neighborhood and this time don't forget to make Regular back ups of your The Sims 2 folder, just in case.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 7:23 PM
I don't know how Mac Sims 2 files work, but, if everything fails, you might be able to save the lots from that hood (copy them to Lot Catalog, place in a temporary hood and clean them with Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner), and (if SimPE works on Mac, which I somehow doubt), maybe extract Sims from that hood to recreate them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 9:09 AM
Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately deleting the Neighborhood Manager package didn't work, and no I never did back up my last save, but I've learned my lesson, and will do so from now on because I had put a lot into that neighbourhood. Thanks very much once again
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 10:35 AM
Drop it in here and I will run hood checker over it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~