Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 26
Test Subject
#276 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Just put the base and morph obj meshes in a zip file and upload them here. If you don't see the upload attachments option below where you type your reply, click the Go Advanced button right under where you type.

Here is the files, thank you for your help!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SwedishSimmer8Moththsold.zip (401.4 KB, 8 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#277 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mallanS
Here is the files, thank you for your help!

You're trying to make the toddler shorter. As I said in the beginning, you can't use a DMap to change height because it will distort. There's no way to fix it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#278 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 11:30 AM
You're trying to make the toddler shorter. As I said in the beginning, you can't use a DMap to change height because it will distort. There's no way to fix it.

Sooooo If I want to make a height preset what should I do? Can't find any answers anywhere...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#279 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mallanS
Sooooo If I want to make a height preset what should I do? Can't find any answers anywhere...

It's come up before on this thread. You have to use a bone/joint morph and it's quite difficult because the previewer can't duplicate the distortions in animations and poses that may happen in-game, so you just have to experiment.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#280 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 11:24 PM
Huge thanks to this program, I was finally able to make my own teen preset!
Test Subject
#281 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:54 AM
Hi there!

So I've seen shorter toddlers get brought up here a LOT but I'm having a bit of a different issue with them. I opened Redheadsims toddler presets and basically copied all the settings, just with the tweaks to the bones to make one of the settings taller. If I export the bone delta from one of the modifiers and tweak it to be the settings that I want It gets overridden by the Redheadsims version in game. If I simply recreate the file and manually put in all the settings it simply doesn't show up at all in game.

I'm extremely new to things like this but I'm assuming it has something to do with the identifier but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing in that regard.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#282 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:14 PM
If you tweaked the values and didn't remove the original preset, the presets will conflict because they have the same identifiers. You should be able to make your changes, remove the original, and put your modified package in the game. If you're trying to make a new, separate preset, you should create a new preset and sculpt or sim modifier, edit the bone delta and change the identifier, and import it.

Test Subject
#283 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 11:36 PM
Hi, is there a way to create a custom slider that will have different morphs for fat/thin and normal bodies?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#284 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gzckrg
Hi, is there a way to create a custom slider that will have different morphs for fat/thin and normal bodies?

Yes, you can create a slider with two different morphs and the base/normal form in the middle. If you mean can you create a slider with your own fat and thin morphs, I don't see why not.

Test Subject
#285 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 1:11 AM
Yes, you can create a slider with two different morphs and the base/normal form in the middle. If you mean can you create a slider with your own fat and thin morphs, I don't see why not.

I mean if I can have a slider that works to different limits when the sim is fatter or skinnier than when the body size is normal.
Also, I don't know if it's related but can you explain the Region (BODYBLENDTYPE_XXX) section under Create DMaps tab? What's the purpose of those options? I'm using IGNORE but I don't know what's the effect of using others.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#286 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 5:53 PM
I mean if I can have a slider that works to different limits when the sim is fatter or skinnier than when the body size is normal.
Also, I don't know if it's related but can you explain the Region (BODYBLENDTYPE_XXX) section under Create DMaps tab? What's the purpose of those options? I'm using IGNORE but I don't know what's the effect of using others.

Each slider works independently of the others so I don't think so.

The BodyBlend types Heavy, Fit, Lean, and Bony are for the body fat, fit, thin, and bony morphs. As far as I know the Pregnant and the waist and hip types are not used. 'Ignore' is what you should use for all other sliders.

Test Subject
#287 Old 17th May 2020 at 9:05 AM
Thank you that was very informative.
Is there a way to extract mesh files as an obj file for default ea sliders? (for fit/lean body and also for any slider that we should use IGNORE)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#288 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:33 PM
Thank you that was very informative.
Is there a way to extract mesh files as an obj file for default ea sliders? (for fit/lean body and also for any slider that we should use IGNORE)

You extract the obj meshes as usual, just select the appropriate body blend type. For the fat, fit, thin, and bony morphs you have to do a default replacement of the DMap, as I recall the Sim Modifiers aren't used.

Test Subject
#289 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:59 PM
You extract the obj meshes as usual, just select the appropriate body blend type. For the fat, fit, thin, and bony morphs you have to do a default replacement of the DMap, as I recall the Sim Modifiers aren't used.

I think I'm missing something.
Under Create DMaps, 1st section is Export a full body base mesh.
I select Export OBJ. But it only exports the default mesh. I don't see any option for body blend type.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#290 Old 17th May 2020 at 3:58 PM
I think I'm missing something.
Under Create DMaps, 1st section is Export a full body base mesh.
I select Export OBJ. But it only exports the default mesh. I don't see any option for body blend type.

Oh, you mean export a morphed mesh. You'll have to search for and clone the Sim Modifiers for fat, fit, etc., extract the DMaps, load the DMaps in the previewer tab, and save the morphed mesh.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#291 Old 17th May 2020 at 6:11 PM
Thanks!!! That's what I needed.
Test Subject
#292 Old 17th May 2020 at 7:54 PM
I have another question if you don't mind
I have the custom dmaps for FIT body now thanks to your help. But I couldn't add it to the game. You mentioned: "For the fat, fit, thin, and bony morphs you have to do a default replacement of the DMap, as I recall the Sim Modifiers aren't used." Can you explain a bit more, where and how i can do this?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#293 Old 17th May 2020 at 11:07 PM
No problem!

When I experimented with physique default replacements quite a while ago, replacing the Sim Modifiers did nothing but replacing the DMaps worked. It was a long time ago and I may be mistaken, or EA may have changed how it works. However, no matter what, replacing the actual DMaps should work. All you have to do is give them the same TGI numbers as the EA DMaps.

I've attached a screen grab of the fit body DMaps for you showing the TGI numbers. (The Search DMaps tab would actually have been faster and easier for you to use in the first place, sorry about that.) Just make a package with your custom DMaps and give them the same TGIs as the EA ones, probably using s4pe. (The Instances are FNV hashes of the morph name if you're into such things.) There's no straightforward way to do it in MorphMaker, and that's something I may think about improving in a future version.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#294 Old 21st May 2020 at 11:17 PM
thanks I will try that.
Somehow I don't see the "Preview" or "Extract" column. I think I have similar problems with other areas as well. Do you have any idea why?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#295 Old 22nd May 2020 at 1:37 PM
thanks I will try that.
Somehow I don't see the "Preview" or "Extract" column. I think I have similar problems with other areas as well. Do you have any idea why?

Yes, I added those columns since the last official release. Sorry! I've attached my latest working version for you to use until I do a new upload.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4MorphMaker_4_2_1_0.zip (8.95 MB, 20 downloads)

Test Subject
#296 Old 24th May 2020 at 5:25 AM
Hello! I downloaded the morph maker last night and created everything I needed to in blender 2.75. When I proceeded to import the .obj file into the morph maker, it didn’t take the shape. When I went to preview it, the sim shape was the default female shape. I’m confused because the 3D program in my computer can see the shape & I can see it in blender, so I’m not sure why morph maker can’t.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#297 Old 24th May 2020 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1234sims
Hello! I downloaded the morph maker last night and created everything I needed to in blender 2.75. When I proceeded to import the .obj file into the morph maker, it didn’t take the shape. When I went to preview it, the sim shape was the default female shape. I’m confused because the 3D program in my computer can see the shape & I can see it in blender, so I’m not sure why morph maker can’t.

Please upload your base and morph meshes.

Test Subject
#298 Old 29th May 2020 at 12:59 PM
Hi Cmar! I'm getting distortions in the fat morphs again. I tried exporting just the default fat morphs to test on it, and I'm getting distortions in the face, and the spine stays sunken. Attached are captures of the unedited fat morphs from the game in the program's previewer. They appear the same way in Blender and in the game.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#299 Old 29th May 2020 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XBBCX7891
Hi Cmar! I'm getting distortions in the fat morphs again. I tried exporting just the default fat morphs to test on it, and I'm getting distortions in the face, and the spine stays sunken. Attached are captures of the unedited fat morphs from the game in the program's previewer. They appear the same way in Blender and in the game.

I see it too. This was a problem in the tool development which I fixed, but I probably introduced the old error or a new one in an update. I'll look into it, and thanks for the report!

Test Subject
#300 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:37 PM
Hi Cmar, can you tell me why they are getting this way?

Page 12 of 26