Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 12:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default What coulnts as a "bathroom fixture"?
I'm trying to make a gym but in order to be upgraded it says I need two more bathroom fixtures. I've tried toilets, I've tried showers, I've tried wall stuff like toilet paper and shelves. I've tried those all-in-one shower/toilet things, I've tried bathroom stalls, and nothing works. I've even tried stuff like lights that are found in the bathroom tab. But still it remains! What does it want?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:52 AM
You've listed everything but sinks. Did you try sinks?
It's a shame that they're so vague when it comes to upgrades. Hey EA, we want to play the game, not jump through hoops.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 8:28 AM
If it's not sinks, I would probably try copying the lot down to the bin, bulldozing the original, and replacing it with a copy over in a test run of the game to see if that makes any difference. Maybe the counter (the thing that counts plumbing fixtures I mean, not a counter surface) is stuck.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:55 AM
Nothing is working. I even bought a preexisting gym and it still demands "bathroom fixtures" before I can upgrade it.

Someone here has to have successfully built a three-star gym, right?
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:00 PM
What is upgrading a gym? What is three stars? I don't ever remember seeing any such thing.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
What is upgrading a gym? What is three stars? I don't ever remember seeing any such thing.

When your sims purchase real estate/business investments by phone or computer, the properties are rated from zero (or maybe it's one) to three stars depending on how "nice" they are. Improving the properties by adding more amenities increases the star rating and subsequently the amount collected on those investments weekly, often subject to some annoying depreciation along the way. Sims also draw wishes to improve their less than three star properties from time to time. Obviously this one is just not working right.
Scholar
#7 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:55 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 18th Feb 2017 at 4:05 AM. Reason: typotypotypo
Thanks, now I understand. I also understand why I had no idea about it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:18 PM
Has anyone figured out what it means? I can't figure it out with either lot and someone has to have a three-star gym.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:26 AM Last edited by LeeAlee : 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:08 AM.
I'm going into my game in a few minutes. I'll buy the gym and try to upgrade it to 3 stars.

It was clear in my game what exactly I had to do to upgrade the gym from 1 to 3 Stars.

To get from level 1 to level 2: Add 2 toilets and 1 stereo (weird because I already had a stereo, maybe because the gym has 2 floor levels).

To get from level 2 to level 3: A lot value of at least $190,000 (needed to spend $17,189 to get there). After I plopped down 2 expensive sculptures, the gym was graded 3 Stars.

*At the time of purchase, before any upgrades, this is what I had in the gym's bathroom(s):
2 Spring Serenity Showers
2 All-in-One Bathrooms
2 Fontainebleau Fountain Sinks (base game)
2 The Porcelain Throne Toilets (base game)

I also have a couple of mirrors, and towel racks (no toilet paper dispensers, poor Sims).
There are 2 sinks in the kitchen area.

Are any of your bathroom fixtures custom content (3rd party)?
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:24 AM
I don't think so. It'll take a while for me to check since I have everyone in France right now, but I have at LEAST that many.