Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Russian Food Pack, part1: 5 new meals in bowls

by Jasana_BugBreeder Posted 20th Apr 2007 at 5:35 PM

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 110 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 8:41 PM
These are so detailed and beautiful! (And they're making me hungry...)

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creation. I'll look forward to the next installment of foods. ;]
Test Subject
#27 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 10:04 PM
They look wonderful. I can't wait to use them in my game.

Also most people know the dumplings under their Polish name Perogies. Or atleast thats what everyone calls them in the states.
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 12:20 AM
This look so good!! I'm so glad you made this it looks so real and scrumptious.
Thank you!

An angry mouth speaks what the heart,
is full of.
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 5:32 AM
i finally had a chance to test this in game (well the dumplings anyway seeing as how that's the only one i downloaded) but it works fine during the preparation stages but after my sim cooked it everything just disappeared as if she hadn't cooked anything. Is any one else having this problem, or is it me doing something wrong?
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarafien
Also most people know the dumplings under their Polish name Perogies. Or atleast thats what everyone calls them in the states.
Thanks for the note, but I'm a bit confused - 'pirogi' here is something that you bake in oven, not boil. Maybe it's some misunderstanding?

Quote: Originally posted by ladymarie81
after my sim cooked it everything just disappeared as if she hadn't cooked anything
ladymarie, are you sure you didn't forgot to download and put bowls to your Downloads? Sounds like you run into error when game should create the serving bowl.
To make sure, type 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' in the cheats window, and retry cooking. If it's really the bowls problem, the error would be 'Tree break encountered.'; if there'll be some other error, please post the text of the latest log file here.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 7:42 AM
Красотища! Спасибочки

More slim/curvy/athletic/mythic stuff at http://www.differentsimgirls.com/
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 8:01 AM
ahhh!! the food is making me hungry....and the description...ahhhh...*grabs food and eat*
anyway good job! i like it! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 5:41 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 23rd Apr 2007 at 5:42 PM. Reason: typo
Jasana, i tested them in game and they're PERFECT, There's not a single flaw anywhere
Nothing to say except that they're so appetising that they make me drool ^^ The prep stage is really really beautiful all these nice colors add an 'autumn feeling' wich make them perfect food when it's cold & raining outside...

Why isn't it featured? Title, text and pics are clear and detailed and this russian food pack is one the best food i ever downloaded! Odd.
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 10:50 PM
Thank you so much, Jasana! Now my Baba Yaga in her little hut in the dark woods can have some real homestyle Russian food.
Test Subject
#35 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasana_BugBreeder
Thanks for the note, but I'm a bit confused - 'pirogi' here is something that you bake in oven, not boil. Maybe it's some misunderstanding?

Maybe. But the people that know them by that name insist that they are Polish food. And are surprised if you tell them that other countries have that dish.

But the dumplings in your game are beautiful and make me hungry. Its a shame that the sim's fitness levels don't go up a tad when making that dish. Since rolling out the dough can be a little workout of itself, when making them in real life .
Field Researcher
#36 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 6:35 AM
Yayyyy...new food! You did a very VERY good job. I love all of them. Thank you so much for these Jasana. Can't wait for part 2, though :D.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 10:39 AM Last edited by Irma : 24th Apr 2007 at 11:40 AM.
Maybe. But the people that know them by that name insist that they are Polish food. And are surprised if you tell them that other countries have that dish.
...Its a shame...
Sarafien, and people in "other countries" will not be surprised, what any people drink water, baked bread, cooks eggs, goes on 2 foots etc., and all this not is extremely Polish inventions?! Why then they should be surprised to not Polish names of water, bread, eggs and foots etc.?!
Probably, people from "other countries" so anxious with linguistics should attend to representation of their national cuisine in the sims without assistance. - I'm sorry. :D

Many thanks for a beautiful and useful sims-food, Jasana!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasana_BugBreeder
Yes, I uploaded it [amythest's comment-this beautiful kitchen] to Sims Mod Board - I believe it needs some improvement and additions (i.e. I didn't recolored transhcompactor and dishwasher), but I'm quite tired of recoloring, so I decided to share current version there

Thanks so much, Jasana! I got it there- I hope many other people go and check it out, because it's really lovely!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Test Subject
#39 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 4:20 PM
Amazing. The details are beautiful! Can't wait for more!!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 7:45 PM
I downloaded them today and tried them right away. They are deeeeeeelicious! The food has a lot of details and the bowls are great! I am so happy 'cos many of them foods you put here are in the traditional romanian food too.
***** for the items and creator!

If you love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#41 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 9:48 PM
Molodetz! These are certainly great-looking meals! My mom used to make dumplings all the time while I was growing up. My sims now can experience the food I had as a child! Thanks for sharing these great ethnic meals with us!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#42 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 11:27 PM
*blinkblink* I didn't comment yet?

Jasana, these foods are incredible!! Everything about them is SO well done. I love the pretty dishes, the foods you chose, the everything. Last night I fed them to my sim. He ate the borshch, got overheated, and passed out... then I fed him some okroshka to cool him down. After the cherry dumpling course he got fat. Then I fed him some of your new cake for dessert. He's now a plump & happy sim... while I am thoroughly entertained and craving all sorts of Russian delicacies. :D

Thank you!! And congrats on the feature.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:13 AM
Вы - просто талантище!!! Спасибо огромное, это же просто счастье какое-то!
В эти выходные буду в Киеве. Наконец-то поем этой самой еды! А то живу в Китае, многого тут не найти...

You are so talanted! Thanks a lot, you made me happy!
Test Subject
#44 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 6:02 AM
Spasiba balshoy Jasana! Ya ochin lublu okroshka..... and Borscht!! What about kapusta in those vareyni? lol (thanks a lot Jasana! I really love okroshka... What about cabbage in the dumplings? haha for those who need translation from my Engussian.)
Part-time Hermit
#45 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:12 AM
Wow, I can't imagine the time and effort that went into making these! Thank you!
Test Subject
#46 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 2:50 PM
These look fantastic! You have put so much detail into the preparation trays - thank you! I especially like the decorative flowery bowl because I have one at home. It belonged to my late father and it is at least 30 years old
Field Researcher
#47 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 6:06 PM
Oh my goodness! Vareniki's are my favourite food )
Forum Resident
#48 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 6:52 PM
oooohhh. I had Borshch when I visited Poland a few years ago and I LOVED it! It was one of the most memorable meals of my life. I fact I loved all the food I had in Poland, but the Borshch was what really stood out in my memory of my trip there. I bet I would like Russian food as well. Reading the descriptions of your post is making me hungey

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Theorist
#49 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 9:40 PM
I like the semolina...we call it farina here and it's very good with sugar! Thanks for this!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 7:02 AM
Default Perogies
They look wonderful. I can't wait to use them in my game.

Im from Canada and i thought those "dumplings" looked like perogies also. I didnt know where they were from though, I make them at home with my sister and my mom. We usually put potato filling and top it with sauteed onions, fake bacon (because im vegetarian) and sourcream. Yummmmmm!

*I just looked it up on wikipedia and they say it originates in Russia and the Ukraine and the way I prepare it is how the Polish prepare it. It also said that the Chinese have a similar dumpling (potstickers) that they also call Chinese perogies.*

I just cant download it because its in .rar form
Page 2 of 5