Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 9:17 PM Last edited by godspeed : 12th Oct 2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Remake
Default My Remake for the Woodland Drive

Screenshots
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#177 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by godspeed
This is my first post to the contest hope its valid...

Try to get them in-line with this tutorial
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:52 PM
I hope this isn't off topic, but has anyone thought of doing the makeovers with holiday theme's? Halloween is the end of this month and then Thanksgiving here in the USA and then of course Christmas and New Years Eve and day. Just wondering....
Field Researcher
#179 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 11:17 PM Last edited by xXxDayDreamerxXx : 13th Oct 2012 at 2:39 AM. Reason: Posting the pictures!
Default My entry
Here is my wonderful remake.

#180 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 11:56 PM Last edited by GlorianaGlowbee : 12th Oct 2012 at 2:55 AM.
I'm also cool with feedback being public, and I'm glad the roof rule stays in place. Makes it more challenging!

@Phaenoh

I could have sworn I got the IKEA stuff at BPS, but when I checked it out I found that I goofed. I got it here:

http://ohbehave007.blogspot.com/201...ed-bedroom.html

The corner table came from MTS2, there's also a cabinet version that's awesome too. Both links:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=78916

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=78920

The clock is proving harder to locate. It's definitely made by Cassandre at BPS, her name is on it but that's all the info I've got from the file/tooltips. I had a look through all the sets and recolors under her name at BPS but couldn't locate the darn thing. I'll keep an eye out, I'd like to know where it came from because it's torturing me now, haha.

EDIT: Dude, I totally forgot to check my collection folders in game. I think it might be in one, which would get me closer. Next time I go into my game I'm totally going Sherlock Holmes on this clock.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#181 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:01 AM
And we are full!!! Welcome, xXxDayDreamerxXx! You are only allowed 8 pics, and can you please put your pics in-line as well?

Since we are full, I assume I'm allowed to end the application round before Saturday...
Instructor
#182 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:37 AM
Good luck to all you judges on keeping up with everyone!
Field Researcher
#183 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 4:56 AM
Wow 20 contestants! Awesome turn out. There are a lot of great houses here—this will be a fun group to judge.

So, jones, just to clarify, contestants can add walkways, as long as they don’t change the patio shape, correct?

Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'm a little concerned because the judges for this contest were all contestants in my last contest! Please don't hate on me! :P

Lol, Phaenoh. Now that you’ve said this, I kind of want to give you your points in the form of a scrapbook page. (Of course you have nothing to worry about.)

Quote: Originally posted by lipe2k
The tablecloth was made by Nengi65, who closed his/her blog. But I found an archive with his/her stuff in here, with some recolors as well: http://untidyfan.livejournal.com/9655.html There are more recolors in here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=379605 . I've aleady looked for more recolors, but unfortunately I couldn't find any

It’s funny, I was just looking for Nengi’s stuff the other day and realized that she’s (or he's) no long active.

72 hours for judging is long enough for me too. I’m glad we’re going to have the extra time though. 20 contestant is a lot.
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 8:38 AM Last edited by godspeed : 12th Oct 2012 at 9:21 AM.
Default Remake of the woodland Drive Home

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 9:36 AM
when does 2nd round starts and how do we know that one has been selected???? I am extremely new here. Hope that help will come!!!!!
With Regards GodSpeed.
Field Researcher
#186 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 10:18 AM
Check out the first post. You're the 19th contestant. Don't worry you are in.

Probably some time during Saturday, jones, will let us know which house will be redecorated for round1..
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MAB-2000
Check out the first post. You're the 19th contestant. Don't worry you are in.

Probably some time during Saturday, jones, will let us know which house will be redecorated for round1..

Thank you..do my remake in my last post get accepted or I have to edit my first one
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#188 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:55 PM
The second post wasn't needed, godspeed, you should have just edited the first post, but yes you are in the contest. Thank you for getting the pics in-line this time

Actually, MAB since we are full up I'm going to start it today! I'll post the 1st official round in a few minutes!
Field Researcher
#189 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:35 PM
Let's get this thing started!!!

Who will be the first occupant?
Field Researcher
#190 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:35 PM
Getting into this late, I suppose, but already been having fun with this lot anyway, so why not post? :D

Oh, forgot to specify a family for this. The Gardener family for this one works!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#191 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:49 PM
LadyGreenEyes649 It's a lovely house, but we are full Sorry you can't participate this time. Feel free to play along if you like, but no more "entry" posts please. But keep your eyes peeled, I plan on running 3 cycles of this contest, one for each base game hood, so we still have Strangetown and Veronaville to go! Hopefully you can get in to one of those.

ROUND ONE IS POSTED!! You have till 11:59:59 PM EST Friday, October, 19th, to get them in Like MAB said, let's get this thing started!!!
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:50 PM
I would like 2 thank Jones, Mab, and many others, sorry if I left out any one, for their help and support. Since this is my first entrance in a contest, win or lose, I am glad that I participated and thus I was accepted here.
Thank you
with Regards
GodSpeed
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#193 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:52 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 12th Oct 2012 at 2:16 PM.
You are welcome godspeed It's just like I told Lucia, the best way to learn is to do it! You'll find that by the end of the contest, you can post like a pro

*EDIT* And, aUserName (sorry so many posts when I woke up this morning I almost forgot to answer you), adding paths or patio with floor tiles is fine, just no adding decking foundation (or other foundation for that matter, lol)
Field Researcher
#194 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:53 PM
let's get this thing started.

Are we allowed to change the stairs?, the place of the stairs, as long as we don't make any "structural" changes?
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:54 PM
How do we know dat one has selected?
Field Researcher
#196 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
LadyGreenEyes649 It's a lovely house, but we are full Sorry you can't participate this time. Feel free to play along if you like, but no more "entry" posts please. But keep your eyes peeled, I plan on running 3 cycles of this contest, one for each base game hood, so we still have Strangetown and Veronaville to go! Hopefully you can get in to one of those.

ROUND ONE IS POSTED!! You have till 11:59:59 PM EST Friday, October, 19th, to get them in Like MAB said, let's get this thing started!!!

AWW! Thought for sure I was in by the deadline! I didn't see a limit on number, just a hoped-for minimum. When I checked the thread, it showed till a minute before midnight today.

Not sure if I will try the other contests or not. Spent all night trying to meet a deadline, to be told I can't enter. Seriously not cool, changing the cutoff.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#197 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:02 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 12th Oct 2012 at 2:37 PM.
MAB, stairs must stay in the same position, like doors and windows, but may be swapped out for a different style.

So sorry, LadyGreenEyes, when I closed the application round I took out the line about maximum contestants, because I had closed it up. You must have been looking as I was editing things because I also changed the countdown to the end of this round.

godspeed, I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean who wins? We still have four rounds that will be judged (the application was just for practice) and the scores will be posted a few days after the end of each round. If you are asking which house to do for round 1, I updated the first post with that info and a download of that house. And you just choose one of the four families to decorate the house for.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#198 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:02 PM
Oh I've made this one over a few times, but I've never done so without moving those stairs. This is going to be hard. Or can we move them? I know we can swap them like the windows and doors, but that means keep them in the same spot correct?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#199 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:04 PM
Right, joandsarah they have to stay in the same spot.
Field Researcher
#200 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
MAB, stairs must stay in the same position, like doors and windows, but may be swapped out for a different style.

So sorry, LadyGreenEyes, when I closed the application round I took out the line about maximum contestants, because I had closed it up. You must have been looking as I was editing things because I also changed the countdown to the end of this round.

godspeed, I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean how wins? We still have four rounds that will be judged (the application was just for practice) and the scores will be posted a few days after the end of each round. If you are asking which house to do for round 1, I updated the first post with that info and a download of that house. And you just choose one of the four families to decorate the house for.

Well, when I posted, AFTER the entry, the deadline was still open, according to the post, and there wasn't anything about maximum people. Guess I am not in the right clique.....

I flat don't have time at this stage in my life for this sort of thing. A deadline was set, and changing it later is changing the rules. It's flat out rude, too. But, hey, forget it.

Page 8 of 45