Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#28126 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 7:29 PM
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28127 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Nope.

Not now? @HugeLunatic I remember it used to be so- in fact a member here removed all of their uploads and left the site as recently as March because of this.
https://parchmentpaperandco.tumblr....-house-s-part-1
just a girl
#28128 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
This phone debacle raised a question, so if you arrive to a community lot with a taxi, the only way to get back is to use the community phone to call another taxi... but what if you delete that phone, and there are no cellphones or normal wall/table phones available?

There is a mod that allows you to enter build/buy mode anywhere and almost anytime. May be very helpful in this kind of desperate situations. One thing to remember is that changes to community lots aren't saved when you visit (unless the visiting family owns it), so if you want to make permanent edits, you have to go the normal way. You can do it later, after you've rescued your sims, got back home and saved the game.
Mad Poster
#28129 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Nope.

OOOOh! Has this changed now?
Of course... it could be a definition of "basic" furnishings, I suppose?
Do apartments on MTS no longer need beds, toilets, and food prep places? That will make things a LOT easier!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#28130 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
OOOOh! Has this changed now?
Of course... it could be a definition of "basic" furnishings, I suppose?
Do apartments on MTS no longer need beds, toilets, and food prep places? That will make things a LOT easier!

But without doing that, the units won't have furniture when you visit as a neighbour. And I think there's also a mod that checks the furniture to see how to fill up the resident's motives, so not having furniture would break that too. Though honestly I'm more concerned over the former tbh
Theorist
#28131 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 11:03 PM
Is it safe to say the only guidelines for uploads that are still in effect are the ones found under the Guideline Index (https://modthesims.info/rubrics/) then?

And everything from other sources like these are outdated?
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=515651
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Lots_and_Houses

@sugoisama None of the information that downloaders need to make a decision has changed (people still know what they'll be getting before they download) so I think erring on the side of more leeway for creators to make design choices is a good thing. It probably helps moderators as well if the upload requirements for the three games are the same--or as close to the same as they can be.
Alchemist
#28132 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 11:27 PM
Yeah, the guideline index says:
Quote:
Apartments should have wall and floor coverings in all rooms. However, while basic furniture to fulfill a sim's need (think, fridges, toilets, stoves, beds, etc) is recommended, it's not a must. The reason why it's recommended is so that your downloaders' sims can still live and fulfill their needs the vanilla way without any cheats or hacks.

I guess it would make sense to lightly furnish all units, as you don't really know which unit a downloader may using. Like for example, I personally may hate playing anything higher than 2 stories and make all 3rd floor units and above dummy apartments--since my sims will probably never visit their neighbors and, in a vanilla game, other residents and roommates' needs are maxed every time they leave a lot. But a downloader might very well want to use that 3rd floor unit and/or visit their neighbors. (That was a very good point, sugoisama, I definitely forgot about visiting. And it's Inge's apartment mod that needs furnishings on the lot so that the non-playables can care for their motives.)

In any case, I'm glad I asked because this was one of the things I wasn't sure about. With lots especially, it sometimes seems like what the rules are and what actually gets uploaded are two different things. When I look at previously uploaded lots, I think, 'Oh, yeah, I can do that; maybe I should upload one of my lots." But then I read the guidelines and I'm like '...Okay, maybe I'm not skilled enough as a builder to upload a lot." The rules are a little intimidating, at least for me, so thanks for the encouragement @CatherineTCJD! I've made a few lots that I intended to upload, but I keep fiddling with them, wondering what to include, what not to include, if I should have multiple options, etc. It doesn't help that I'm not sure what *I* want in my houses, either. I keep building things and forgetting my own rules and restrictions, . Like I did a few ranch homes for my trailer section of Pleasantview, thought I was done, only to return later and find that I forgot to leave room for laundry areas and furnaces--things I wanted to incorporate as part of my new rules. But this apartment came along a lot smoother and quicker--though I did forget the radiators, or some sort of heating system, now that I think about it! I'm just going to let that go, however, and just try to upload it, or else I'll overthink it and it'll probably never happen.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28133 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 12:21 AM
Thanks for that @Phantomknight but it's a little confusing. For example, on the page you found where it states that basic furnishing is recommended but not imperative, there is a link to a tutorial where it stated that apartments should be furnished.

The obvious thing is to take the guidelines as being the definitive version, but there is potential for confusion there for beginners and non-English speakers.
Screenshots
Instructor
#28134 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 1:07 AM
Just how bad are "invalid relationship with self" and "Sim does not exist"? I found a bunch of those while running HoodChecker.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#28135 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 1:13 AM
I don't think those cause issues at all, I think a lot of them are just sims having relationships with cars and beds and so forth and HoodChecker just doesn't understand how to interpret the SRELs. HoodChecker can clean all of those up if you want, but I don't think it matters if you just leave them. I've stopped cleaning them up myself, I don't think they matter.
Mad Poster
#28136 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I don't think those cause issues at all, I think a lot of them are just sims having relationships with cars and beds and so forth and HoodChecker just doesn't understand how to interpret the SRELs. HoodChecker can clean all of those up if you want, but I don't think it matters if you just leave them. I've stopped cleaning them up myself, I don't think they matter.

How do you clean up "Sim does not exist"? I have those, and they're under "User Warnings" in Hood Checker.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#28137 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 9:00 PM
I was playing the Freshman kids - Ty, Sam, Jared - and Ty wanted to become friends with Ashley Pitts. I forgot that I recently redid my defaults, and believe it or not I have a favorite outfit that I want Ashley to wear. He's my favorite sims 2 sim for reasons and I always dress him in yandereplum's "a pint after work" outfit because I think it looks good on him. So much so that I was prepared to turn the game off and go download a custom version of it if I hadn't defaulted something else with it since Ashley wasn't wearing it anymore.

Because laziness, I went to change Ashley's outfit with the Gussy Up mod and had him buy clothes. And then, I wish I would've gotten a screenshot but the notif went away too quickly. When I was done there was a notification that read:

"Ashley Pitts has successfully been returned to the original Frat Brothers household"

I'd never seen that before but is it possible it came from the Gussy Up mod since Ashley wasn't in the current household? I deleted numerous other mods prior to this current play session so maybe something else I had was suppressing it as why I'd never seen that particular notification before?

Or has anybody else seen that notification and know why?
Forum Resident
#28138 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 9:10 PM
Yeah it's from the gussy up mod, it gives you that message when you change clothes. There's also a message when you start saying they'll be technically moved in while using the wardrobe, and another one if they're the only person in their household at the time.
Forum Resident
#28139 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
How do you clean up "Sim does not exist"? I have those, and they're under "User Warnings" in Hood Checker.

Do you have a Multi-PT mod? I've heard that can cause this if you've done no VBTs.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#28140 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 11:16 PM

Delete them, presumably. HoodChecker should do it automatically, if you tell it to.
Forum Resident
#28141 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 12:39 PM
Does anyone know hairstyles that DeeDee hasn't recolored? I have all her hairstyles because I like their colors and I also avoid getting confused and having the same hair twice. But I feel that although I have like 700, I still lack some (especially male).
Mad Poster
#28142 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 12:53 PM Last edited by FranH : 14th Sep 2021 at 1:14 PM.
Quote:
Do you have a Multi-PT mod? I've heard that can cause this if you've done no VBTs.

No, I do not.

Quote:
Delete them, presumably. HoodChecker should do it automatically, if you tell it to.

No, it does not.

The "User File warnings" is at the top of the report and it does not change even when I do delete all references.

"Sim has no character file: 0x0001 Sim ID= 0x001EF126"

I do not know if there is a safe way to delete 'non-existing' instances of ID's or if it will corrupt the game.

I do wish Mootilda was with us still. She'd have the answer.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#28143 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 3:24 PM
No, I do not.

No, it does not.

The "User File warnings" is at the top of the report and it does not change even when I do delete all references.

I do not know if there is a safe way to delete 'non-existing' instances of ID's or if it will corrupt the game.

In my original question I was talking about "First Sim does not exist", "Second Sim does not exist" and "Neither Sim exists", btw. When I ran HoodChecker on my hood these were the only types of warnings I got (a lot of them, though), I didn't have any "Sim has no character file".

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#28144 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 3:26 PM

That's a completely different warning than the one you posted in your previous message, it usually just means you installed some custom NPCs. It could also mean you deleted character files, but there's no way to recover from that.
Field Researcher
#28145 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 6:03 PM
The last couple of years I have downloaded a few lots from the download section here on mod the sims (some houses, a graveyard, a night club) and they keep... disappearing from my lots and houses bin. For example, I have downloaded Honeywell's whole set of houses twice, I have used 1 or 2 of these houses in some of my hoods, the houses are still in the hoods, sims do live there without problems but the houses are not in my bin anymore. The same thing happens with the graveyard, it exists in almost all of my hoods, I send graves there (because ghosts creep me out!) but when I'll want to place it in a new hood, I'll have to download it again. I download the lots with the Clean Installer but I can't find them anywhere in my Downloads folder or any other game folder. What am I doing wrong?

Also, another -totally irrelevant- question: I play this game since 2014 and my biggest fear (no, I'm not a sim but I guess I could be!) is neighborhood corruption. I have read so many things about it on sims wiki and on posts here on the forums and I try to not do any of the VBT almost everybody says that can lead to corruption. For example I have read that it is a VBT to save the game when all the sims of the household are not present in the house (someone is at work or school) or when there are other sims there who visit the active family or they are employees, butlers, gardeners etc. But I have watched Let's Plays from some very well known youtubers who do exactly that, save and quit the game when sims who are not part of the active family are on the lot or sims who belong to the family are not there. From what I have read, this can lead to problems with the sims data, to which household they belong, where they are saved... Should I not get stressed this much about when I save and who is present on the lot when I do that? Is my knowledge about corruption and VBT outdated and new information has overpassed the sims-wiki articles I, so "religiously" read?
Mad Poster
#28146 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 10:57 PM
I think kestrellynn is just saying that she doesn't bother cleaning them up any more, because she doesn't believe they pose any danger. These SRELs are (she believes) relationships between Sims and objects (or possibly even, when neither Sim exists, relationships between objects themselves). I've been wondering myself how important these warnings are. Most of us regular HoodChecker users get them all the time, yet our games still run. For myself I'll go on letting HoodChecker remove them though. Partly because I'm a pessimist, and think I'm better safe than sorry. And partly because regularly removing them makes the reports shorter, making it easier to spot something that really is a cause for concern.

----------------------------------------------------oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo----------------------------------------------------

This lot in my game is bringing up some interesting glitches:
The house is a modified version of the Maxis "Victorian Value", extended to the rear, and with other changes. A single Sim Jeremy Naughtie lives there, and he is the owner/editor of the local newspaper, the Baldrair Bugle, which has registered as a home business.

Like most of my single Sims, he has a lot of visitors, some of whom he will no doubt hire to help with the newspaper. Most of the glitches concern the behaviour of the visitors. I think some are caused by routing issues near that dining table in the alcove in the front right hand corner of the building. Aesthetically I like the table there, and four Sims will sit down for a meal at it without problem. But at the end of the meal at least one of them will leave the table with a "jump". Moreover, left to themselves, visiting Sims will spend long periods just standing between the kitchen and the table. When I watch them they act as if they were about to move, but then think better of it and revert to just standing. The teen Sim in my picture (standing over Jeremy, who is eating) actually "jumped" about 1 pace sideways a few seconds after I took the picture. I am minded to try moving the furniture to improve routing.

Another, more annoying, glitch is that Sims who have been greeted, often fail to come into the house. They leave the lot instead. Jeremy starts cooking a meal for them and then realises they're not there. I'm not sure if this is related to the routing issues, or if it's perhaps related to the lot being a home business. Does the game think they're customers, and send them away because the business is closed. I'm sure I've had Sims entertain guests when their business was closed in the past (Flora Delarosa and Miriam Hunter - a CAS Sim I created in Bluewater). It certainly happens when Jeremy greets walkbys; I'm not sure if it sometimes happens to guests he has invited by telephone.

Any ideas what's happening?

Please tell me if my post doesn't make sense. I'm rather tired tonight, and have a feeling I might be typing nonsense.

BTW the low tables have papers for sale on them. They are priced at §1 each. Clearly Jeremy is never going to make his fortune selling them to passers by!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
just a girl
#28147 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 11:12 PM
I've had visitors leave when a home business was -1 level. At least, I think it was the reason.
As for idle standing, I suspect it also may have something to do with business. Do you have stuff for sale? Anyway, it sounds like those standing sims try or wait to do something, but can't or won't do it.

Edit: I see about papers now. I don't know then. I guess, if you can mark them for sale, they should be alright.
Forum Resident
#28148 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 11:19 PM
I'm going to feel stupid asking this question, but when it comes to certain CC clothes and age conversions, some say they're "repo'd" to another mesh / texture, while others say "slaved." From my understanding, "slaved" means sharing textures, right? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me! But, does "repo'd" mean anything different? Because I honestly think they mean the same thing, but I feel like I'm wrong. I've been downloading CC for over two years now, and this question has just occurred to me

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#28149 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 11:25 PM
The business is at level zero. It's now Friday morning in its first week, and the business hasn't been open since Monday. The only things for sale (when it is open) are those §1 copies of the paper. They were printed on the press in the back room. I have Cyjon's Less Complaining mod, which may make a difference, but I've had it in my game for about 4 years now.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
just a girl
#28150 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 11:38 PM
Another time visitors were constantly leaving in my game is when a family member got stuck in "everybody get out, we're closed" mode. But I think you'd notice it. (I just couldn't help but remember how he went on for hours.)
If it's at level 0, I'd consider liquidating the business and reopening it again (if nothing else helps).
Page 1126 of 1345