Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:13 AM Last edited by puniglorie : 17th Jul 2022 at 5:59 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Can't shift wall hangings and omsp using [ ] keys
I play the ultimate collection, i could shift them up n down just fine but suddenly i cant anymore. If i press both keys [ ] at the same time, the wall hangings will move down. But i can't move them up with [ and down with ]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 12:27 PM
Are you sure it's the [ ] keys on your keyboard? If you're playing with a non-English keyboard or a laptop keyboard it's often the key to the left of the Backspace and to the right of the P.

Try a small EAxis painting and shift up first. Not all CC wallhangings have shift enabled, and I'm not entirely sure about all the EA wall sculptures (you may need a mod to enable them).

Also, try shifting before you click/hold to place.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 5:04 PM Last edited by puniglorie : 31st Jul 2021 at 6:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are you sure it's the [ ] keys on your keyboard? If you're playing with a non-English keyboard or a laptop keyboard it's often the key to the left of the Backspace and to the right of the P.

Try a small EAxis painting and shift up first. Not all CC wallhangings have shift enabled, and I'm not entirely sure about all the EA wall sculptures (you may need a mod to enable them).

Also, try shifting before you click/hold to place.

Im sure its the right key and a EAxis painting but it didnt move. However, after the windows update and restart the problem is now gone. There are always some minor issues in the sims 2 that just come and go mysteriously. Guess i shouldnt post about some little problems like this anymore. Thank you for your help!