Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#176 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vecchietta48
Hello.. how are you? the pen is on the table, the cat is under the table.. the teacher is near the book

ohhh... a secret code... how intriguing!

The rabbit jumped over the moon
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#177 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
The rabbit jumped over the moon
and was made into rabbit stew.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 4:25 PM
How do I find out what game version I have? Like 1.2.7, 1.3.24, 1.4.6? I'm not sure if I've patch or not and I'm having a horrible time trying to get a mod to work.
Scholar
#179 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 4:31 PM
Open the launcher. You can see the version number at the bottom left.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 4:34 PM
I would I have never thought to look there. Thanks. (:
Alchemist
#181 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 3:38 AM
How the hell do you move Sims out of a household and give them furniture to take along? Now that you can't just put any old thing in a Sim's inventory (like you could in TS2), how are you supposed to give a Sim their belongings so that he or she has them in his or her new home?

If you use the family inventory in buy mode, the items stay behind in the household the Sim moved out of!

Is there seriously no way to start a Sim off with his possessions?
Field Researcher
#182 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 4:33 AM
Oh, there is a way for this! :D

I found that when you go to 'Edit Town' and then decide to evict your family, it will give two options. One, is to just simply 'Move' which will 'sell' the possessions and give your family that extra boost in their family funds. The other option is something like 'Move with Inventory,' or something close to it. (I don't have the game running obviously to get the actual text. ) But! If you click this second option, it will move all of the furniture into the Family Inventory (found under Buy Mode) and then when you choose a new house to move the family into, it should give you the option to move the family into a furnished home, or unfurnished. Pick unfurnished, and then place the items from the family inventory into the new home!

Maybe there's an easier way, but this is how I do it.
Alchemist
#183 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:29 AM
But if I'm separating two Sims from a household of 4, wouldn't that mean that the 2 Sims left behind now have no furnishings, because the 2 that left took it all? You can't, say, have a child grow into a young adult and then move out of his parent's house, and take along his dresser and bed when he goes, for example.
Scholar
#184 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:36 AM
I don't know how you would that. What a shame. That's one of the features I miss from TS2. Maybe we'll get lucky and get it in an EP.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Field Researcher
#185 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:43 AM
Ah, I see what you're saying. Hm. My method applies to the whole household. The only other thing I could suggest is putting what items you wanted the two sims to keep into their personal inventory (minus beds--though you can put cars in... ) and then move them out. I'll have to try it, just to see if they keep their own personal inventories or if they lose it upon move out.
Alchemist
#186 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:04 AM
Yeah - same here! My Sims ALWAYS took a crap load of stuff from their parent's house. It was a good way to get them started off. The inventory system is screwy.

Oh well. As an alternative I've taken to giving them some of their parent's money. I use family funds and extract however much I want the parents to give them, then add that amount to the kid's funds.

It was more better using Monique's payer/payee mod for this money borrowing. But ah well...

Oh, another question while I'm at it. I had two Sims try romantic interactions with each other, but they wouldn't get interested. They just stayed at "thinks so-and-so is okay", no matter how long I pounded away. I read somewhere people saying that sometimes it is just impossible to set two Sims up for whatever reason. (Maybe one is autonomously gay or they are too incompatible?)

Did anyone else have this issue?
Scholar
#187 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:04 AM
What are their traits?

Edit:

Quote: Originally posted by MondayMorning
The only other thing I could suggest is putting what items you wanted the two sims to keep into their personal inventory (minus beds--though you can put cars in... ) and then move them out. I'll have to try it, just to see if they keep their own personal inventories or if they lose it upon move out.

Other than food, cars, bikes, books, gems, insects, seeds etc...I can't figure out to put ANYTHING into a Personal Inventory.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Alchemist
#188 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:15 AM
The guy: Easily Impressed, Family Oriented, Friendly, Hydrophobic.

The girl: Artistic, Family Oriented, Hydrophobic, Loves the Outdoors.

Sounds pretty compatible. The guy has a want to be her first kiss. But she doesn't have any such want concerning him.
Scholar
#189 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:18 AM
You are missing one trait for each sim. Also, is the 'victim' sim in a relationship?
And what is their relationship status? Friends? Good Friends?

Alchemist
#190 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:21 AM
They're just teens, so that's how many traits they have at the moment.

Both of them are single. And they're "best friends".
Scholar
#191 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:24 AM
Well, I don't have experience with teens but I had that problem with T. Wolff. But he was married and had Commitment Issues. Sorry I can't help, but I feel your frustration.

Alchemist
#192 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:27 AM
Oh well, that's okay. Her sister is married to his older brother anyway. And IRL, that would be pretty...awkward.
Test Subject
#193 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caupi
I've had playable sims pee themselves because they wouldn't break the queue to go on their own (free will on high) - but I haven't seen it happen to an NPC.

I have; I had a whole list of friendly actions queaued up, and the NPC sim wouldn't break off talking with my sim long enough to use the bathroom. I wonder if that's because my sim has a charisma of 10, or if it would just happen anyway.
Scholar
#194 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:57 PM
Okay, this has been driving me nuts--how to you get rid of a ROMANTIC INTEREST status?

My sim Emma once had a short 3 or 4 day heavy flirtation leading to a first kiss and a few other kisses with a single neigbhor. He got the ROMANTIC INTEREST designation. Well thanks to story progression, which I'd not disabled at the time, Emma learned through gossip that Jack fathered a child. AND...she also could see his partner status changed from single to partnered with someone named Constance, whom I've yet to see in-game.

I've never actually seen Jack's kid and he's still living with his single male roommate. Still his stat as father and partnered are enough to put me off having Emma pursue him further. She has actually had very limited social contact with him after the initial flirtation. They'd never woo-hoo'd. She has since gone on to become Level 10 in Law Enforcement, with all of the time and work that entails.

Yet she still has that HEART icon for Jack. Now she did buy the Lifetime Happiness award that lets her keep all her friends even if she doesn't interact with them frequently. Is that why she still thinks of Jack as a romantic interest?

How do I get her to think of him just as a friend? I guess I'm being too anal. But if there's a way to stop this silly designation, I'm all ears.
Scholar
#195 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 5:58 PM
FIGHT FIGHT be mean, get em angry at you.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:04 PM
There's actually a simple interaction for it:

Mean... Ask to be just friends.

I've used it a few times. They think you're being unforgivably rude and they get the heartbroken moodlet.
Test Subject
#197 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by -simwit-
There's actually a simple interaction for it:

Mean... Ask to be just friends.

I've used it a few times. They think you're being unforgivably rude and they get the heartbroken moodlet.

I add an ex-girlfriend that my sim asked to just be friends, and she was perfectly find with it. Her little thingy went from "Ex-girlfriend" to "Friend" or whatever, but I'm sure she was just fine because they were already over. :p

they were all out on the front porch talking:
Hemingway, Faulkner, T.S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, Hamsun,
Wally Stevens, e.e. cummings and a few others.
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:13 PM
Sims with commitment issues don't really care either.
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 6:22 PM
One question: I can't find the "collections" button in the build mode, I want to see all the stuff from the "Chill Set" and so on, don't want to search it manually ingame. But I can't find the collections button, am I too dumb, or isn't there any?
Field Researcher
#200 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 1:38 AM
I don't think there is an actual Collection button. Not that I've seen. I was just thinking about this the other day too--how nice it would be have everything organized.
Page 8 of 385