Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Is Chair a Booth" / "Is Sofa a Sectional" global patches (updated for AL)

by Inge Jones Posted 10th Sep 2006 at 3:35 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2009 at 6:54 PM by Inge Jones

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Scholar
#51 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 11:11 AM
Thanks for the update Inge
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 7:28 PM
great hack. Which one do I download?

100% NO LAG ALL HIGHEST SETTINGS!!

2.66 GHz AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor
ATI Radeon hd 4850 1GB
8 GB RAM
1 Terabyte hard drive
Vista 64

Ultra is ultra now, finally!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:47 PM
You might as well have both of them. It won't do any harm.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 8:04 PM
cool, thanks for the quick reply mate.

100% NO LAG ALL HIGHEST SETTINGS!!

2.66 GHz AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor
ATI Radeon hd 4850 1GB
8 GB RAM
1 Terabyte hard drive
Vista 64

Ultra is ultra now, finally!!
Instructor
#55 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:34 PM
W00T! Thanks for the update, Inge!
Test Subject
#56 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 1:54 PM
Okay, I may be a complete idiot, but here is my question: I've downloaded sectional sofas before and most of them came with a so-called global patch, all named "shaklin_selectional_sofa_global". Is this patch the same thing? Or does anyone know if I still need both? They don't seem to conflict, so I'm not sure.
By the way, thanks for the patch Inge.
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 2:49 PM
They will conflict I am afraid. And hers will now be out of date and probably causing problems with the couple of sectional sofas that were released in later EPs. That's why I designed mine to plug in completely seperately from any actual sofa object.

I *do* hope no sectional sofa creator has included my patch *in* their package, as that would be foolish for the same reasons.

If you have a Shaklin sofa, best thing is to remove her global BHAV from it (it will be the one whose group number is not 0xFFFFFFFF) and the rest of her sofa should work happily using my patch.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#58 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 4:45 PM
Thank you so much Inge, I'll try it out.
Also, nobody had your patch included in their download, so don't worry, they all link back to here.
thanks again
Test Subject
#59 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 10:52 PM
Glad this is updated I can now use the old sectionals and the apartment life stuff too.
Test Subject
#60 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 8:23 AM
Thanks Inge!
Field Researcher
#61 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 11:16 AM
Oh Inge, mighty Inge. My shrine to you was almost complete, but then when you updated this I simply had to destroy it...
Now I must build a TEMPLE!!! =D

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 12:47 AM
Thanks Inge. I downloaded something that prevents my AL sofa sections from joining, maybe this will fix it so I don't have to go hunting
Original Poster
#63 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Halloweenscorpio
Thanks Inge. I downloaded something that prevents my AL sofa sections from joining, maybe this will fix it so I don't have to go hunting

Not if the thing you downloaded had its own custom patch for custom sectionals contained inside it! You need to weed that out and remove the "Is sofa a sectional" BHAV from inside it, then it will use mine instead.

Instructor
#64 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 8:13 PM
Thanks for the AL update Inge
Test Subject
#65 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 2:08 PM
Hi Inge,

I use your patch with Annie's modular sofa, which is my favorite sofa ever in the sims. However, using the patch makes the squashy sectional sofa that comes with AL not work properly. It's only available as a chair.

As I really like the Annie's sofa and think the AL one is fairly ugly it seems like a fair trade; however, I wanted to let you know about this potential bug. It is possible that one of my other downloads is causing this error, I know, but while I do download a lot of clothing and hair my hacks are very minimal.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know. Thank you for all your fabulous work! People like you make the game so much more fun to play, and I appreciate it, as I couldn't hack or mesh my way out of a paper bag.

For stories inspired by sims, visit Wayward Ink today!
Original Poster
#66 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 4:39 PM
And you definitely upgraded to my latest patch (updated 2nd September) and made sure the old one was deleted or overwritten? If you have checked both those factors, then please tell me the full name of the squashy sofa and I will double check I included it properly.

Test Subject
#67 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 11:37 PM
i downloaded the sofa, but like where do i find it? i also downloaded the nite stand.... HALP PWEEEZZ

Warm water makes you live longer, pass it around!
Original Poster
#68 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 10:44 AM
Wrong thread, sorarox25

Test Subject
#69 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:10 PM
Weird. Seems to be a dead link.
Original Poster
#70 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:40 PM
Probably a temporary server glitch. Try later.

Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 1:07 AM
Okay? Who had the sick sense of humor with the axe on the globe. Global hack XD BAD PUN
Original Poster
#72 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 9:11 AM
Hehe I wondered if anyone would get that!

Test Subject
#73 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 8:27 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 7:39 PM
I've had this hack for a while with no problems but recently I got University and my game was fine for a while but suddenly i couldn't send by college sims to class/final exams - they went off the edge of the lot like normal and then about two sim minutes later they would re-appear and would not get any of the credit for going to class or would fail their final exam.

I found this thread in the Game Help Archive this morning which is basically the same problem as I had been having only my sims would come home in a few minutes instead of hours. None of the links to any of the fixes worked and although people on that thread had said that the problem was related to conflicting hacks I decided to test my hacks anyway.

Eventually after spending most of the day testing all my hacks I found that this was the one that was causing the problem, although I am confused as to why since this hack doesn't really have anything to do with sims walking off the lot or going to class/exams. After that I re-downloaded this hack to make sure I had the most recent version, however it didn't solve the problem. I removed it and my sims could go to class fine and they would come back with the right increase in their grade at the right time.

I am confused as to why this hack would conflict with the game behaviour :S but slightly less confused because I read the comments to this thread and found out that other peoples' games have been crashing because of it.

If you have any advice or might know what's causing this you can pm me or reply on this thread because I'm interested to know why this hack would cause a problem with something unrelated :P
Original Poster
#75 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 8:49 PM
Nope, I have no idea either If your game runs better without it, leave it out.

Page 3 of 4