Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4201 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A better way to choose a LTW.

Rather than rerolling or cycling and installing all-LTWs-for-all-aspiration hacks until you get the one you want, you can just click on a message-board or a flowerpot and just pick one out. I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

It's called SimPE

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4202 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 12:19 PM
In regards to Chris's 'senior center' hack-I'd like to see a version where unemployed sims have to 'go to the unemployment/retraining center' to bone up on their life skills, and network with future employers..

One of the features could be a chance of getting a entry level job from going there once in a while. Sort of like looking in the newspaper to find a job and picking the first one that shows up. Another would be for them to gain a skill after a certain number of hours while attending the job training.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#4203 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 6:48 AM
An option to make non-resident Sims (other than townies) pregnant. You can do it with making selectable and such, but it'd be fun to have those whoops moments.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4204 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 8:03 AM
I have a community lot in my hood that is the Unemployment Center. there are computers, skill objects, a small kitchen with a fridge and coffee so that the unemployed can have cereal and sandwiches, and they social, skill and search for jobs - -there is also a playground outside so that the kids of the unemployed can tag along. New Sims, Sims from Uni, fired Sims are all sent there at least once in order to find a job One really does not need mods for everything.
Mad Poster
#4205 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 9:10 AM
Long ago I created a soup kitchen. I believe the downstairs was just the cafeteria area (I used inge's hack to summon cafeteria workers on any lot) and the job noticeboard that lists all the jobs. I forgot who made it. Upstairs was a bathroom with shower and a few skilling objects. It was decorated pretty sparsely and looked like it would fit in Downtown. I've since lost the lot but perhaps I'll recreate it someday.

...I should look into AGS while I'm at it...

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#4206 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 2:39 PM
the job noticeboard that lists all the jobs. I forgot who made it.

I think it is Echo or Numenor.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Scholar
#4207 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 2:42 PM
I think you're talking about MogHughsons job noticeboard?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#4208 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 2:44 PM
Instructor
#4209 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
I think you're talking about MogHughsons job noticeboard?

Shame on me, it's MogHughsons, you're right. I love that item.

Mad Poster
#4210 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 7:25 PM
Yes, it was MogHughson. Thank you.

Anyways I got the lot made. I guess I'll head over to creator feedback sometime.

Mad Poster
#4211 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 10:34 PM
I believe Chris Hatch's alternate pregnancy controller allows for townie/noncontrollable pregnancy.

I don't use it so I can't be sure.

I don't think that the (MATY) census tool lists hobbies and interests, but, this is why I have a spreadsheet :P

Another way to simulate "trending" topics is to have a current mayor or other politician present several options as to what they are going to spend the town's budget on, based on that sim's particular interests, storyline, relationships, aspiration and hobbies, and then a "referendum" period where you cycle through every household with eligible voters (YA and older) and decide, based on their interests, hobbies, and so forth, which they would vote for. Tally these all up, in a notebook, notepad file, spreadsheet, or scrap of paper and see what the results are!

I suppose it's quite a lot of work for the same thing though.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#4212 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 7:41 PM
You can get the same result with making the Sim selectable, along with the risky woohoo option in ACR.
Mad Poster
#4213 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Ohhh I'd love a townie preg mod that allowed female townies to get pregnant on a male playable's home lot... (*cough* I like drama!) I use (and love) ACR though so I wouldn't want to replace that. Oh well. It's a nice thought anyway!

....how would they give birth?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4214 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:19 PM
Not only give birth, but the pregnancy won't progress either, as soon as you make them non selectable they will stay pregnant at 0 or whatever hours it is for the rest of their immortal lives. You could I guess hurry things along with the sim blender.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4215 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 12:05 AM
Yeah, they need to be selected for three days so the pregnancy will progress, just like you have to play pregnant non townies on their home lot until they give birth. You don't have to keep them selected from the moment they get pregnant until the birth, though. They'll stay pregnant if you want to unselect them, then play them again another time. And once the baby is born, it will be added to the household that it's born into, and the mother will leave it behind, once she's unselected.

ETA: "Try for baby" also works with townies who've been made selectable.
Mad Poster
#4216 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 12:33 AM
Perhaps you could create some sort of 'maternity home' for townies that you move them into until they birth and then put the kids in the adoption pool. Or teleport them over to the dad's house.

Instructor
#4217 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
And once the baby is born, it will be added to the household that it's born into, and the mother will leave it behind, once she's unselected.

It's so sad

Alchemist
#4218 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 6:05 PM
I'd like traffic; cars should drive by houses and community lots every so often.
Mad Poster
#4219 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I'd like traffic; cars should drive by houses and community lots every so often.

There's a mod for this, I remember maxon I think linked it to us in a post, but I forgot which thread. I don't remember which website it was from either, so I hope she can link to it again. (I could try searching through my downloads folder to find it if you want.)
Scholar
#4220 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:10 PM
http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/hackedobjects.htm

I think it's the shrub in here.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Alchemist
#4221 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:10 PM
That would be great, mmaa. Let's see if maxon knows where it is, offhand first before you search through your downloads.

ETA: Thanks, Kankritty.
Scholar
#4222 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Ohhh I'd love a townie preg mod that allowed female townies to get pregnant on a male playable's home lot... (*cough* I like drama!) I use (and love) ACR though so I wouldn't want to replace that. Oh well. It's a nice thought anyway!

....how would they give birth?

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not only give birth, but the pregnancy won't progress either, as soon as you make them non selectable they will stay pregnant at 0 or whatever hours it is for the rest of their immortal lives. You could I guess hurry things along with the sim blender.

I solve that by moving the townie in before TFB or ACR woohoo. That helps the sim get pregnant, and allows her to carry the baby to term, even if I save the game and return to it later. I then let her stay until the baby grows up to toddler (so she can breastfeed the tyke), and then send her off into the townie pool again, leaving the baby with daddy...

I occasionally do the same with females from other households. One of my male sims cares for a daughter he had with Lisa Ramirez.
Instructor
#4223 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
There's a mod for this, I remember maxon I think linked it to us in a post

Yes, we'd already discussed that. It was PCsims or XPTL creation, if I remember right.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4224 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 7:33 PM
There were two - one was that AussieTopEnders version which I think you linked to, the other was by a maker called Shanklin or Schaklin who stopped making stuff for TS2 around 2006 I think. I don't know whether the AussieTopEnders version is useful since I have looked at the file but it was a long time back and I can't remember. I use the Shanklin version. I don't know where that would be now unless it's on the Graveyard. However, I do have a copy so if we can't track it down, I can put it on SimsFileShare. I have been thinking for a while of doing some work on it. I think Chris Hatch might have done something too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4225 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 8:18 PM
Do pedestrians get hit?
Page 169 of 582