Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pleasantview Recreation

by Elias943 Posted 10th Sep 2009 at 5:45 PM - Updated 15th Feb 2020 at 6:26 PM by Elias943

333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 285 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 14
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 9:39 AM
Where is the gym btw?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#77 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 10:17 AM
@Mysteri thank you very much...
Im glad you liked it!

Guys thanks for the feedback...

@LetThereBeSims3 I didnt make one because i thought it would be useless....
You can make one...

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#78 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:53 PM
This is amazing. I'll wait until you've finished all the houses and while I'm witing I'll clear my computer out :S

Don't take drugs, stealing is wrong.
Don't drink and drive, you might spill your drink.
Test Subject
#79 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 5:05 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 12th Sep 2009 at 6:36 PM. Reason: Removed off topic bits.
This is, well, this is quite amazing. Well done, thank you, *applaud*.
Test Subject
#80 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 3:41 AM
Oh my goodness! This must've taken so much work. Bravo
Banned
#81 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 11:38 AM
I...... just.....wow. Omg. We get married now, yes?
Field Researcher
#82 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 8:27 PM
I've tried this three times! Here is what I've done. First downloaded all three separately to WinRar. Then saved to desktop. I go to open #1 in WinRar. Hit 'Extract to'. Path is: My name/Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Saves. Then it extracts about 25% before I get a box telling me that "you need the following volume to continue extraction". It shows part 2. Continue to do the same with part 3. I get 2 WinRAR error messages. One says "No files" & the other "you need to start extraction from a previous volume." What's wrong????
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 10:04 PM
koololdster you propably doing something wrong...
When it asks you for the second and the third part just hit the button browse and select them...
If you are doing this and you are getting this error you mentioned try downloading the parts again....
Sometimes the server overloads and corrupts the files...

Check my tumblr:
Field Researcher
#84 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 11:03 PM
Hraklis,
Thanks for your reply! Somehow I got it to work and it is AWESOME!!! Totally unbelievable and fantastic!!! I made a Caliente family when Dina and Nina were teens. So I am playing them first!!! I'll never go back to plain old Sunset Valley or Riverside!!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 1:15 AM
Doo Peas Corprate Towers
Quote: Originally posted by Hraklis943
I didnt like the idea of ''Rabbit Holes'' from the first time we heard about it and we all know that in TS2 these Rabbit-Holes were open to sims....
Anyway I combined these rabbit Holes because i dont feel like them....
We have:
DownTown Block

I combined four rabbit holes here:
The Police Station
The Spa
The Theatre
The BookStore

You can see it in the picture above
Dinner Square

In this one i combined the Restaurant and the Grocery Shop
Again above is the image...
PleasantView High School And Gym

I thought that these two(Hugh School,Stadium) are great together so there ou have them
PleasantView Hospital And Research Center

These two (Hospital,Science Center)are great together too...they match
Finally we have the PleasantView Space Center (Combined Space Center and Criminals Hide Out) and the PleasantView Plaza which is not a rabbit hole but i mention it like one....you can check their pics below

My find the path to Doo Peas Corprate Towers ,thats the only problem i have so far. Can you fid this?
Test Subject
#86 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:09 AM
I know you'll make it(you said it)....
This pleasantview is awesome!!!
Field Researcher
#87 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GAminRoger
My find the path to Doo Peas Corprate Towers ,thats the only problem i have so far. Can you fid this?

I had problems with that too. What worked for me was to go into the building in edit and remove part of the fence/shrub back to the patio area so the Sim could leave on the sidewalk. Hope that helps if you want a work around!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#88 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 5:44 AM
Hey guys thanks for the feedback..
I will try to fix it asap....

Check my tumblr:
Test Subject
#89 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 10:44 AM
this is wonderful. The town I had created all my own since the game came out bit the dust(no backup) and this is helping me move on from it

I have noticed a few sims getting stuck at the journalism/business career tower. Had to remove some of the hedge fence.
Test Subject
#90 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:09 PM Last edited by GAminRoger : 14th Sep 2009 at 8:39 PM. Reason: update
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
I had problems with that too. What worked for me was to go into the building in edit and remove part of the fence/shrub back to the patio area so the Sim could leave on the sidewalk. Hope that helps if you want a work around!

I will try that and see if it works. Thanks for the information.
GaminRoger AKA Roger

I went in edit town and did what you suggested and it worked fine. Thanks again.
GaminRoger AKA Roger
Field Researcher
#91 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 10:36 PM Last edited by chaisipper : 14th Sep 2009 at 11:53 PM.
Amazing effort. I followed the instructions as written. When I load the game and select the new Pleasantview, the neighborhood details are "elevated" above the land (the only way I can describe it)... the lots hover above the terrain. I had this happen with another new neighborhood. Any clues?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Test Subject
#92 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 1:49 AM
it doesn't work for me please help. i keep getting a error message can you help me please
Test Subject
#93 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 3:43 AM
I am curious about seeds, gems, insects.. etc? Are they in this neighborhood? A lot of work went into this, you are to be commended for your patience and applauded for sharing. Thank you!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#94 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 11:08 AM
Thank you evryone for the feedback...
@chaisipper you are doing something wrong...
This is Riverview...
Pleasantview is made at the template of Sunset Valley...
Try installing it again..
@Allysamarie what exactly error are you getting?
@Brneydsimr When i tested the neighborhood before i upload it the lots were spawing gems seeds etc...
Thank you again..

Check my tumblr:
Field Researcher
#95 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 4:27 PM
Quote:
@chaisipper you are doing something wrong...
This is Riverview...
Pleasantview is made at the template of Sunset Valley...

I installed to /My Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Saves, as instructed. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks!

~*~*~*~ Proud supporter of MTS2 ~*~*~*~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#96 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chaisipper
I installed to /My Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Saves, as instructed. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Does a new save called Pleasantview show up or not?
If no just delete it and download again...

Check my tumblr:
Test Subject
#97 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 9:17 PM
I have downloaded all 3 sections followed your directions and still cannot get any of them to extract, whats the problem???
unicornkeeper07
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#98 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 9:18 PM
Default Corrupt Files
Corrupt Files

If you are having trouble extracting and placing the files, try deleting the files and downloading again. Due to the sheer size of these files, corruption can occur.

Also,try opening the files in sequence. #1 before #2 before #3.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#99 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 7:58 AM
This is a really cool idea for the Sims 3 and Thank You to Hraklis for making it!! I had a hard time understanding how just to get the mod into the game, the files being seperate and all, but WinRAR is the tool to use for these files. If it's okay, for those having a hard time getting it into their game, I can help explain.

Download WinRar, click on the 1st file and open it up with Winrar. At the top of the WinRAR box is File. Click on File. Then click on Save Archive Copy As: You want to save the 1st file to the Desktop.
Click on the 2nd PleasantView file and open it up with WinRar. Click on File in the top of the box. Click on Save Archive Copy As: then save the 2nd file to the desktop.
Click on the 3rd PleasantView file. Open up the file, click on File in the top of the box. Click on Save Archive Copy As: and save the 3rd file to the desktop.

Now you should have all 3 PleasantView files on your Desktop.

Click on the 1st Pleasantview file. Open it up. Click on Extract To: you want to extract the 1st file back to the desktop. A box should appear telling you that you need the 2nd PleasantView file. So you click on Browse, choose the 2nd PleasantView file from the Desktop, click on save to desktop, click on okay and the box will then ask you for the 3rd file.
Click on Browse, click on the 3rd file on the Desktop, click on Save and save that one to the desktop.
Click on Okay again.
After you've saved all 3 files to the desktop all together, there should be a white file on the desktop named PleasantView Sims 3.
You want to put that file into your Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Saves folder. Then it should show up in your game.

Thanks again Hraklis for the really great mod! You did a great job!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#100 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 11:38 AM
Thank you very much Canoodle!
I told that a thousand times but your post will be seen...

Check my tumblr:
Page 4 of 14