Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: ★ Meshes for Rugs & Mats ★

by Numenor Posted 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 3:33 PM by Numenor : Added link to "no-shadow" set.

233 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 226 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 11:46 AM
Great meshes! Thank you. Also--thanks for putting them together in one thread :D
Test Subject
#52 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 1:20 PM
I love all the new rugs. Thanks everyone for all your hard work.
Test Subject
#53 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 1:36 PM
My thanks too for all the hard work and creativity on these awesome rugs and doormats. They make my sims' houses so much more realistic and nice looking. Great job to all the makers!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 1:55 PM
From now on, please share your recolours in the *NEW*
★ Recolours for Rugs & Mats ★ thread
(It is placed in the "New Objects Mesh Recolours" forum).

All the recolours already posted on this thread should be
moved by the creators in the new recolour thread.
Test Subject
#55 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 2:34 PM
again,is this EP ready ??
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 2:38 PM
As stated in the first post, all the rugs in this thread are in the new EP2 format, more stable and Maxis-compliant then the standard EP-ready format. Download and fear not!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 2:55 PM
Ohhhhh Crappo! I need help! (please?) All of the sudden, my toilet mat and bath mat show up in the catalog but when you click on it first there are no color options only shows the blue and when you actually go to place it, it's invisible. AAAHHHH! I had everything working and now it's not. I probably screwed something up, but I have NO clue what. I am sooo sad! I really liked my toilet/bath mats. Is there someone out there to help?
Thanks,
A very sad karrsareus
Field Researcher
#58 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 4:00 PM
Could this be the case?

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
IMPORTANT: has come to our attention that on an external site has been posted a "recolour" for some of these rugs that actually are clones of them. This can lead to conflicts, resulting in having "invisible" rugs in the catalog and in the game. If this happens, use the Clean Installer in order to spot the clones (if you need assistance, you're welcome to ask for help).

Its in the first post of this thread.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 4:11 PM
I went into my rugs folder and found a couple that looked like...duplicate echo rugs with a slightly different name. I snagged those out of my folder and I am going to try it again. I haven't downloaded the Clean Installer or really even know what it is...so I will try this first. Thanks for your idea, and I will let you know what happens.
karrsareus
Field Researcher
#60 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 5:49 PM
Just a quick note to say the doormats work great! I posted some doormats in the recolor thread.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 5:52 PM
ooh ooh toilet rugs?!? Nice thanks for making these
Forum Resident
#62 Old 24th Feb 2005 at 6:02 PM Last edited by jinyc : 24th Feb 2005 at 6:05 PM.
Echo has created (as per request, eheheh! ) a lovely little Door Mat that is perfectly suitable for 1-tile doors.

Il Magnifico, I blush!

I still can;t wait for Linda's two tile open weave door mat. We are all so incredibly lucky as Simmers. Thanks all to your cumulative genius!

BTW I have been booted out of Betty's as a closet rugaholic (I so avoid being in the closet). There is just no cure for my rugmania!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 12:08 AM
All the recolours already posted on this thread should be
moved by the creators in the new recolour thread.

Ok...I'm a dummy....how do I "move" my rugs from one thread to another?

just delete my post here and upload them again there? or is there really a way to "move" a post...I can't find that
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 12:19 AM
No, you're right, there's not a way to actually "move" a post. Cut&Paste the text and attach again the zips.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jinyc
I still can;t wait for Linda's two tile open weave door mat.

OK, Jinyc....you lucked out...we are having a bit of a blizzard here so I don't have to work tonite....so I made ya three ... they are in the new beta download rugs thread that Numenor made.

CALLING BETTY FORD NOW!!!!
Forum Resident
#66 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:24 AM
Now all we need is a flaming bag 'o poo!

YEAH welocme mats!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 5:12 AM
These are so cool! Nice work...very nice color and pattern choices too
I'll use them all!
Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#68 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 3:07 PM
As stated in the first post, all the rugs in this thread are in the new EP2 format, more stable and Maxis-compliant then the standard EP-ready format. Download and fear not!

thank you so much
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 6:50 PM
First of all, I would like to thank you all for creating so many great new meshes and graciously share your talents with the entire sim community!

I do need help...I'm encountering the 'invisible' toilet mat on my game, I already done a thorough search with Clean Installer and still couldn't locate the problem files, I even removed all known toilet mat files besides echo's and wind's recoloured to no avail. Had I overlooked or missed anything else? I have almost 2 gig of custom objects and spent the entire morning checking every folders, hoping some mods here can come to rescue!!!

Thanking you all in advance
Test Subject
#70 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 7:02 PM
You guys rock! These rugs are going to make my houses look so much nicer now. yay!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jawal
First of all, I would like to thank you all for creating so many great new meshes and graciously share your talents with the entire sim community!

I do need help...I'm encountering the 'invisible' toilet mat on my game, I already done a thorough search with Clean Installer and still couldn't locate the problem files, I even removed all known toilet mat files besides echo's and wind's recoloured to no avail. Had I overlooked or missed anything else? I have almost 2 gig of custom objects and spent the entire morning checking every folders, hoping some mods here can come to rescue!!!

Thanking you all in advance

hmmm...I'm thinking it's possible that the website that is cloning the rugs instead of recoloring them could be keeping the original name so what you *think* are echo's and wind's may not be?

I would try deleting them, then downloading them from here again, and then try a couple recolors from this thread, which you know are safe. But, I'd delete ALL the rugs no matter what names they have first.

hope that fixes it for ya!!
#72 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 9:11 PM
Thanks for these rugs. All the work and inspiration you have all put into them is truly appreciated.

Is there any chance of some square rughs..say 2x2 and 3x3? I have a habit of putting my furniture into L shape layouts and these would just make everything spiffy.
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 10:18 PM
Thank you Linda ! I'll try to dig out all rug files, I must have overlooked some d/ls I got from a few german sites... Will report as soon as I get my toilet mat showing.

Btw, thanks for all your recolour objects too!
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Feb 2005 at 11:32 PM
Found the problem files, finally!
I finally located the problem recolour toilet mat files... It's from a very productive german site...Ain't sure if I should mention their name here 'cos they might not even know that their new d/ls are conflicting with the new mesh. I'll write them and hopefully they will redo that portion.

Btw, Clean Installer did recognize them as game objects, but since their file names were in german, I must have missed them while scanning.

Linda, thanks again!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#75 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:41 AM
jawal: I'm pretty sure I know which site you're referring to, I contacted them a few days ago, and their recolours should have been fixed by now. If you want to check (and you have SimPE) then open one of their package files. If there are three "filetypes" listed in the top left hand side, it's a safe recolour. If there are more than that, then it's a clone.
Page 3 of 10