Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change Sim Name or Gender v8

by scumbumbo Posted 21st Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2018 at 11:20 PM by scumbumbo : Version 8 update for Nov 13, 2018 game patch

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Deceased
Original Poster
#76 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Part of what keeps me delaying it is that I'd LIKE to get it to work where one dialog asks for First Name and Last Name in two separate text boxes...

And I got the answer from SimGuruEugi at EA today, I can now make this work nice and slick so you'll be able to just type "rename" and it will prompt you for a new first and last name. Look for the new and improved version soon!
Deceased
Original Poster
#77 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
Oh hey, I did run into one thing I'd like to do, but I haven't dug into this one too deep yet. Say I wanted to change J Huntington III to Jay Huntington... just typing in j huntington iii doesn't find him. (as in, rename j huntington iii jay huntington Any clue there? I'd appreciate it! Silly special cases... Olivia s-k-l... REALLY?

Yeah, it can be tough to target another sim who has an oddly structured name. The problem is that searching for a sim is not done by full name, but by first and last name specified separately. So, for the most simple cases you can just put quotes around the first or last name if there are spaces in it so that the names get forced into separate variables. For instance, depending on whether the first or last name is the part with the space in it...:
rename J "Huntington III" new name
or
rename "J Huntington" III new name

The version AFTER the next release will be a combined package/script mod and will allow you to click on a sim and just choose "rename" or "change gender". Since those prompts shouldn't be available every time you click on any sim, it will probably be tied to having testing cheats enabled.
Deceased
Original Poster
#78 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:29 AM
The mod has been updated to version 5 and now will display a dialog to input a new name for the rename command. The old version which requires entering the new name in the command line is still available for download if you prefer that. Be sure to delete the old version from your Mods folder if you do update the mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:03 PM
My love interest unfortunately named 'Baby' will no longer cringe when introducing himself.
Test Subject
#80 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:31 AM
Renaming babies isn't working for me, but maybe it's because of the new patch. I wouldn't know, because I just downloaded the mod today.
Deceased
Original Poster
#81 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmyneutron
Renaming babies isn't working for me, but maybe it's because of the new patch. I wouldn't know, because I just downloaded the mod today.

No name changes are currently working, but I think I've identified why just have to fix it.

In the interim, version 4 is still working.
Deceased
Original Poster
#82 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 6:49 AM
Version 5a has just been uploaded which fixes the bug in version 5 caused by the March 26 game update. The new version is also compatible with older (post "pools" patch) versions of the game.
Scholar
#83 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:31 AM
Thanks for the update, scumbumbo! This is one of my fave mods - I use it for my queer/transgendered characters a lot... I have noticed with this new mod though, that the voices change with the gender. It helped my immersion when their voices remained that of the original gender - was that supposed to happen with this updated version? Also, I lose the hair from the previous gender too, so if I wanted a hairstyle to carry from female to male, once I go into CAS to amend anything, I lose the hair. Is there any way to stop both these from happening? If not, ah well - it's still a great mod, and I'll still use it Many thanks!

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 10:14 AM
Off-topic (kinda).as mentioned by Enjoji, before the update the sim will keep their original gender voice after using the mod. but in the new update the voice change back to the current gender. So my question is, do you think you can make a mod to change the voice or make an update so the voice will stay. anyway, i'm not forcing you to do it just that it would be nice if you can. Anyway, keep up the good work! you are my favourite modder in this site! Thanks
Deceased
Original Poster
#85 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zerokiryu
Off-topic (kinda).as mentioned by Enjoji, before the update the sim will keep their original gender voice after using the mod. but in the new update the voice change back to the current gender. So my question is, do you think you can make a mod to change the voice or make an update so the voice will stay. anyway, i'm not forcing you to do it just that it would be nice if you can. Anyway, keep up the good work! you are my favourite modder in this site! Thanks
Hmm, not sure why that behavior changed with the last update. I never really paid attention to the voices to be honest, I'm usually playing music when I run the game. I'll add an investigation into this to my TODO list.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:05 AM
How do u use the mod?
Deceased
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by quinster
How do u use the mod?
It's a cheat command mod, see the description page for the usage notes. There are several examples.
Test Subject
#88 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 8:24 PM
It's a cheat command mod, see the description page for the usage notes. There are several examples.
Um , i dont know how ot install it , i looked at the Install Instruction but i dont get it , is there a video?
Deceased
Original Poster
#89 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:18 AM
Um , i dont know how ot install it , i looked at the Install Instruction but i dont get it , is there a video?
Just put the zip file you download from MTS into your Mods folder - don't unzip it. It must go directly into the Mods folder, not a subfolder. Then in your game options, on the last tab ("Other") you'll see a checkmark box for "Script Mods" - make sure that is checked or script mods will not work in your game.
Test Subject
#90 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:54 PM
Just put the zip file you download from MTS into your Mods folder - don't unzip it. It must go directly into the Mods folder, not a subfolder. Then in your game options, on the last tab ("Other") you'll see a checkmark box for "Script Mods" - make sure that is checked or script mods will not work in your game.
okay , but what .zip file? when i download the mod i get the FOLDER?
Deceased
Original Poster
#91 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:49 PM
okay , but what .zip file? when i download the mod i get the FOLDER?
You probably have Windows automatically opening the zip file that gets downloaded. Try right-clicking the download link and choose to save the file (usually says "Save As" or "Save Link As" or similar. That will save the zip file to your computer rather than opening it. You can just choose to save it directly into your mods folder, or put it on your desktop and move the file into mods - however you want to do it.
Test Subject
#92 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:13 PM
You probably have Windows automatically opening the zip file that gets downloaded. Try right-clicking the download link and choose to save the file (usually says "Save As" or "Save Link As" or similar. That will save the zip file to your computer rather than opening it. You can just choose to save it directly into your mods folder, or put it on your desktop and move the file into mods - however you want to do it.
it still downloaded the FOLDER
Test Subject
#93 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:55 AM
I too would love a way to not have to change outfits, or to keep my hair when I switch genders. I had a beautiful hair I wanted for my male sim, and switching to female and back worked perfectly but as soon as I go to change outfits the hair is gone. I would like the voice to be fixed as well, but i can handle that over losing the hair for a while T_T
Test Subject
#94 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 7:14 PM
In "Get to Work" lost hair and a voice in the selection of clothing to CAS
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:52 PM
Great job! Many thanks, and keep up the good work.
Deceased
Original Poster
#96 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Is this still works with latest patch (May xx) ?

I think so - Somehow it slipped my mind to test this one since then - I just assumed it's working as I haven't been hearing "fix your damned mod" demands, lol. Weird that despite how many thoughtful and appreciative folks there are, it's the far fewer rude comments that always seem to stick in mind some days. Just some days though, I have gotten some comments that really made my day as well.

Just checked it in game and everything is working fine. Enjoy!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 3:31 PM
I just had to chime in & say how awesome your mods are. I have very few (since some folks don't update after a while... such a pity) & yours are half of my list. Thanks for your hard work & continued dedication to your mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 11:35 PM
Oi Tudo bem? Eu gostaria de fazer um transformista, e não consegui fazer a mudança de genêro,o que estou fazendo de errado?
Deceased
Original Poster
#99 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cristina-Gal
Oi Tudo bem? Eu gostaria de fazer um transformista, e não consegui fazer a mudança de genêro,o que estou fazendo de errado?

Sorry, I don't speak Portugeuse but figured out the question from Google Translate. I'll reply in English and then run that through Google Translate as well, hopefully that will be close enough for you to understand if you don't read English at all.

The mod won't let you create a true transvestite sim, it would be a transgender sim where it actually completely changes the gender. I know there's some transvestite clothing available that allows a male sim to wear certain female clothing that has been converted, and vice-versa for female sims to wear men's clothing. I don't have any links or anything but you should be able to do a web search.

Desculpe, eu não falo Portugeuse mas descobri a questão do Google Translate. Vou responder em Inglês e em seguida, execute que através do Google Translate, bem, espero que vai estar perto o suficiente para você entender se você não ler em Inglês em tudo.

O mod não vai deixar você criar um verdadeiro sim travesti, seria um transgender sim onde ele muda realmente completamente o gênero. Eu sei que há algumas roupas travesti disponível que permite um sim macho para vestir determinada roupa feminina que foi convertido, e vice-versa para as mulheres sims de usar roupas masculinas. Eu não tenho quaisquer links ou qualquer coisa, mas você deve ser capaz de fazer uma pesquisa na web.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:40 AM
Oi< Obrigada Por vc responder! Realmente eu não falo inglês,imaginei que vc traduziria ,assim como faço! Eu não entendi o mod poderia me explicar? Eu tenho um sim homossexual e gostaria que ele usa-se roupas femininas,achei que com esse mod estaria liberado as roupas femininas para ele ! Pois na foto aparece um homem com roupa de mulher. Como entender para que serve o mod! Obrigada pela sua atenção!
Page 4 of 7