Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Change Sim Name or Gender v8

by scumbumbo Posted 21st Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2018 at 11:20 PM by scumbumbo : Version 8 update for Nov 13, 2018 game patch

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Deceased
Original Poster
#126 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 2:53 AM
Been away for the holiday, haven't had a chance but I do have some updated UI dialog code that Deaderpool sent me so I should be able to get this working one day soon.
Test Subject
#127 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:46 AM
Cool The Hype Is Real! :D
Deceased
Original Poster
#128 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megafear555
Cool The Hype Is Real! :D

Dunno about any hype, but the mod's been updated
Test Subject
#129 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM
Thank you so much for updating this mod
Test Subject
#130 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 4:30 PM
Hi! Your mod sounds great. 😊 I wonder if it still works after the latest patches and can be also used on pets?
Deceased
Original Poster
#131 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Roeteli
Hi! Your mod sounds great. 😊 I wonder if it still works after the latest patches and can be also used on pets?

Yes, it's still working. I am not certain about pets as I don't have that game pack - my guess would be that renaming pets should definitely work fine, but changing their gender is likely not to work correctly.
Test Subject
#132 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Yes, it's still working. I am not certain about pets as I don't have that game pack - my guess would be that renaming pets should definitely work fine, but changing their gender is likely not to work correctly.

Thanks for your reply! I just tried it out, but it doesn't seem to work on pets. Most of them don't have surnames, so maybe that's the problem?
Deceased
Original Poster
#133 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roeteli
Thanks for your reply! I just tried it out, but it doesn't seem to work on pets. Most of them don't have surnames, so maybe that's the problem?

Try using two double quote marks with no space in between them for the surname, e.g. for a dog named Muffin use rename muffin ""

If I recall correctly the double quotes like that should allow you to enter a blank first or last name.
Test Subject
#134 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:39 PM
Anyway you can increase the character limit further? This link had a script with what appeared to be no character limit but the link to the file is dead.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...s-in-the-sims-4
Deceased
Original Poster
#135 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dyoung2015
Anyway you can increase the character limit further?

Well, I've never really reached the limit I thought 30 was more than enough - but yeah, that is a fairly trivial change. I've extended the length to 100, so you can give your Sims a short paragraph of a name now.
Test Subject
#136 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 10:18 PM
Awesomme that this mod still seems to be working!! I love this mod & missed having it in my game!! Quick question, though... Sooo, a while ago, I accidentally named several new-born baby Sims of the same name/last name because I got confused (I was using MCCommandCenter) If I changed that Sim's name, Go Hike, to a different name, will it change all the Sims I had named that to? Hrmm… Guess I'll find out! =P xD
Deceased
Original Poster
#137 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KawaiiChibi
If I changed that Sim's name, Go Hike, to a different name, will it change all the Sims I had named that to? Hrmm… Guess I'll find out! =P xD

The mod only changes one Sim at a time, so you'd have to issue the name change for each of them.
Test Subject
#138 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 9:32 PM
Hello! Thank you for this mod, it's one of my favourites It doesn't work after the last patch, can we have an update please?
Deceased
Original Poster
#139 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenet92
Hello! Thank you for this mod, it's one of my favourites It doesn't work after the last patch, can we have an update please?

Should be working fine, make sure you've updated the mod to the latest version and that you don't have any old versions of the script lying around your Mods folder.
Test Subject
#140 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 5:26 PM
Default Not working for Babies?
Hi, has anyone gotten this to work on babies? I'm trying to rename a baby, and it's not working. But it does work on all the adults in the house. Thank you!
Test Subject
#141 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leah2004
Hi, has anyone gotten this to work on babies? I'm trying to rename a baby, and it's not working. But it does work on all the adults in the house. Thank you!

I just tried it on my baby, and it worked perfectly. In the cheat box you have to type "rename sim name" and for sim name you put the baby's name because it's not the active sim. Then you will get a pop up where you can then change the baby's name.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 26th Jun 2019 at 12:00 PM
As of June 26th, 2019. This mod still works gr8, no need for you to update it.
Test Subject
#143 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 8:51 PM
Is this downloadable? It doesn't let me download it.
Banned
#144 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
For those wondering about the status of this mod, it's currently non-functional but I have already looked into updating it. I have run into a code problem with getting a new name for a Sim from a dialog, but I hope to have an answer soon to point me in the right direction for adapting the code to the new game patch.

Thank god. Why the hell did this even require a mod?
Test Subject
#145 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 11:49 PM
Default Updated version anywhere?
Does anyone know of an updated mod that will increase the character limit for sim names? I'm really needing this in my game, and can't find an updated version anywhere. I know that the creator has passed, sadly. But I'm still looking for a mod similar to this one.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#146 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 6:58 PM
Thanks Scumbumbo... You are truly missed.
Field Researcher
#147 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 12:15 AM
For anyone wondering, I was told by several people this is working still. If it's not for you, make sure you don't have anything that conflicts and it's only in the main mods folder or only one folder deep (preferably main mods folder to make sure it does work).

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
#148 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Thanks Scumbumbo... You are truly missed.

Unfortunately, he passed away.
Test Subject
#149 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 3:19 AM
I know the instructions are obvious but does anyone know which command I need to put to change the names.
So far I've tried with both cheats enabled and unabled
I type in "rename 'sims name' and try a new name and then go to edit town, then I go back to the family and nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong and can anyone help ??
Test Subject
#150 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazyjacky101
I know the instructions are obvious but does anyone know which command I need to put to change the names.
So far I've tried with both cheats enabled and unabled
I type in "rename 'sims name' and try a new name and then go to edit town, then I go back to the family and nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong and can anyone help ??

This mod no longer works for me either. You did not need to enable testing cheats. All you had to do was type "rename sim" and the box popped up.
Page 6 of 7