Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#476 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 12:14 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Aug 2019 at 3:31 AM.
I was enrolled in film school and the school was about a 3/4 mile walk from my house. I ate buttered toast for breakfast, packed a vegetarian chirazushi bento in one box and fruit pieces in another, complete with the apple rabbits made with Granny Smith apples. I slipped a bottle of hint water in with my bento boxes, put the boxes and bottle in my 10 hour freezer lunch sack...

Then I put on my white and rainbow striped Baja hoodie, grabbed my bookbag covered in Pikachus and my colorful lunch sack and walked down my street, crossed the newly renovated foot bridge and walked down Main Street until I found the gates. I shown my ID and went in.

In the homeroom, our teacher, Mr. Dylan Brown introduced himself to us budding animation students. This guy was ridiculously tall and proceeded to tell me and the rest of the class about the time he was chosen to chuck various toys in a ceiling with exposed insulation. Then he said for us to not let stress get to us.

Then, Mr. Brown asked me, seeing as I was new today asked "How are you going to animate your film?" I said "I have a huge doll collection full of posable dolls. It would require me going to arts and crafts stores, office supply store, school supply sections, mailing and shipping stores and Amazon. I would have to build the sets, furnish with what I can find and build what I can't. Not only that, video recording and editing software and special effects software and audio recording and editing software play into it and I'm going to the highest definition video camera money can buy."

He then asked me what my film was about and I said "It's about an unlikely heroine who saves a neon red fox and becomes a Starrior." He asked "Starrior?" I said "Starrior...Star Warrior. Like Sailor Guardian.". He wrote a hefty check in the name of the school and it was more than enough three times over. But once class was over...I deposited the check and ordered what I could and bought everything I could in person.

I woke up and had realized "If only if it was that easy..."

7/2/2019
Last night, in my dream, the sky was turning blue in the twilight hours and my teacher in the editing unit, Lee Unkrich, who I had a history with, got attacked by two types of vampire. The bloodsucking demon in traditional Romanian lore and the jiang-shi, which takes life energy. I was able to fight them off but my classmates saw what happened. I called for an ambulance and had them track me via my phone.

They were able to replace the lost blood, but out of the life energy's 27 types based in the Greek alphabetical characters, he was a Type San (San is one of 3 obsolete characters, uses the same one as Mu and the character used resembled a Sim Greek letter from The Sims 2 University to alleviate confusion between San and Mu) and there was a shortage. I had Universal Donor and Recipient status with the Oresha Type life energy.

A couple of classmates, both girls, asked why I helped him while I was recovering. I said, "He and I have a special bond. When my mom went on a late summer vacation in the Carolinas, my father was busy with the autumnal work in the garden and was working at Sweet Melanie's patisserie... To be fair, he was just someone looking out for me while my parents were away from the house for the time. He and I would watch English language TV from Japan's NHK and it was usually cooking shows we'd watch. He was always nice to me and he was genuinely interested in my endeavors. I make great slushy drinks, make Mac and cheese so sticky it could be used as a speed trap and make brownies and brookie bars no dessert junkie can resist."

The flighty girl in our class ask if someone who's still not yet married like myself would marry him because she knew about the history between me and Lee. "I would dream about it. In reality, he has a wife and they had 3 kids. His two oldest, both daughters are grown and his youngest, a son is in his late teens. I think the only intimate exchange tonight was my donation of my life energy. He'll be painfully sore for a couple of days and have dull aches the following two days after being sore. He's nice, but Dean Catmull will need to know Mr. Unkrich's absence."

My brainy friend asked "You think you can handle Mr. Sweetland's quiz on stop motion? An animator from Aardman is going to supervise your techniques and he'll find fault in even the most innocuous of motions."

Eventually, I was released and I called on Lee's behalf to the absentee office.

During home room, Mr. Dylan Brown announced "Due to a freak accident, Mr. Unkrich will be out for a week and a half. Therefore, the editing stations are closed until the temp agencies can send someone else."

7/5/2019
Been hearing a poppy composition with vocals by someone named Patricia Tollet in my waking hours, but I have not heard of her before or since the songs released in the mid 1990s. In fact, neither hark or hair had been mentioned after over 20 years.

But in my dream, I hear a somewhat melancholy composition with Emi Shinohara. The song was released in 1993, about 2½ years before the Patricia Tollet composition.

I have numerous songs in various languages. However, I have no memories attached to the Patricia Tollet song but I am hit with a flood from the Emi Shinohara song. If I had any, they might have been wiped from the database after something put me in a state of shock.

The past couple of days were me trying to recover something erased...but maybe it's better I don't remember it at all. Some things are best forgotten.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#477 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 8:01 PM
i had a nightmare

in my dreams it was my birthday but nobody expect my friends showed up, so we spended the time by the haunted house, but there were ghost
and we ran away but we couldn't get out of it, i surprisely had an idea and told everyone to split us up just so they couldn't find us easily or something

but i was wrong, i however escaped the haunted house and the ghost
after that everyone asked where i went, they probably asked because i thought nobody showed up, i had to lie in my dreams and told them i was just outside in a different area or something

i don't remember how it ended though
Mad Poster
#478 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 3:50 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Aug 2019 at 5:33 AM.
Lee came in my room and asked me how I was feeling. He felt my forehead and I was a bit clammy, I said "I was up all night reading all 16 volumes of the Sailor Moon series, including Codename: Sailor V and the compiled short stories during the 1991 to 1999 run, published in RunRun and Nakayoshi to start and this translation preserves all nouns, regular and proper from the original Japanese. Although sometimes the translation comes off clunky and non organic, like an AI translation."

Lee said "Sounds painful. Would you like something for your temperature? I can add it to your box of pills." I said "Give me Motrin, Tylenol does nothing for me." He goes downstairs first and I followed him. He gave me the morning cocktail of pills (I take more pills in terms of different pills than my parents) with ginger ale. He helped with the skin ointments and powder on the dry rough patches and fungal rashes of skin.

I couldn't tell if I was having a dream of getting close with Lee or a nightmare that he now knows the other horror of Scotch-Irish skin: Not only do we burn in summer sun, but we're susceptible to skin conditions.

He helped me back upstairs and laid me down and opened the curtains and it was dark and rainy. Weird part was he found my Japanese picture book adaptation (text on one page, a beautiful color illustration on the other side in the spread) of Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid. He was not only able to read it, but translate it into English. He began to fight tears back when she gained her soul. I kissed his cheek and said "Don't fight with your feelings." I gave him some tissues and even I need some. We sometimes would sit on the edge of the bed and talk. He asked "Will you one day genuinely say to me 'I love you'? Because we've been together for quite a while off and on..." I said "I sort of thought about asking you about that..." He asked "Would you like to cuddle on the couch and watch the Lilo and Stitch universe on DVD? I can make you a drink for your scratchy throat."

As you may guess, the dream was becoming one big test to see if he can handle me. He was once a father to two daughters and a son before he appeared in my dreams.

When I woke from my early morning nap, I felt like I was going to be in for a long day.

Note:
I shared my dream with my mother and she felt I was coming off as needy. But then again, it was just my first time telling her about such things. I share my dreams with my father, because he's not the type to be overjudgmental on the fact that I am psychologically healthy in terms of seeking out somebody suitable. My mother is the type to judge and\or lose her proverbial shit over the fact she is trying to hold on to me because of the fact I am still growing as a person and she doesn't want this.

I probably would have to drag them to the psych office by their ankles. "Going in Quietly" is not an option for me. Trying to do family therapy is more "Going in Kicking and Screaming."

Mostly, I want a guy who can be supportive of me and my life, has a sense of humor that has heart mixed with sick, can give me the affection I crave, will join in my madness, have deep discussions that scientists would have trouble keeping up because the attached plans for how to fix the planet at every level and sector would be involved, strong enough to hold me in his arms like the groom carrying the bride over the threshold, caring enough to help when my illnesses act up and at the very least is charming in every way.

Most of the guys out there my age are rude, crude, unmannered, psychopathic and aggro plus possessive

Personally, my dreams right now with any of the high profile men is just something of the things I have yet to tell those in my family. I may seem hard to please, but the hard part is, there's a part of me who wants to make that someone's life worthwhile. We could go out for breakfast at one of the diners (NJ boasts most diners per state) or maybe go shopping at the nearby Walmart for an animated movie I don't have and pick up some snacks and drinks from the grocery aisles. We could take a drive into town and buy a new book to learn a skill, like drawing. (I don't do outdoor activities, we live in deer tick country!)

I guess in my dream, I want somebody who can both complete and complement my being and is worth spending time with.

I hope this explanation is the insight on why these men appear and treat me like I deserved to be. As weird as it seems, I had my fair share of heartbreak. No one can be immune to heartbreak. It's an inevitable part of growing as a being.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#479 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 12:00 AM
My dreams are always weird, even some of them are about forums or websites, I mean they're not even real life, they're posts, texts, forum avatars etc. Another dream type I find weird is interacting with my crushes, because they never become real.
Mad Poster
#480 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 1:33 AM
Spent from 7:00AM to 1:30PM asleep.

I was spooning with Lee Unkrich. He was cuddling as the big spoon and we got into some rather deep stuff, like getting into "uncanny valley" territory and I explained that is where CGI get to the hyper realistic point you can't tell if it's really human or CGI. He would kiss me at the nape of my neck and sweetly whisper "What else do you know? I want to know about your knowledge from your studies." He and I spent the dream cuddled up with each other, talking about great ideas.

When I woke up, my father was home.

Mad Poster
#481 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 10:19 AM
I was drinking a milkshake from a can with a lid. It was chocolate flavoured and thicker than pudding... and had skittles in it too...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#482 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 10:57 PM
I woke up in the dream in my old lucky shirt and this time in a white set of underwear in a beat up jacket. Turned out my parents and Lee, (who was living in the Slendy room) intervened and they made me the first one to the local day spa. They packed a large suitcase full of cosmetics, hair care, toiletries and clothes. Unfortunately, to dissipate the smell of whatever died in my hair, they made me bathe on the premises and it wasn't going to matter, it was going to be me in a towel or robe for the majority of the day.

Over time, I began to open up to the women on staff. They asked me about Lee, how I got lucky enough to have him in my life. They really wanted me to marry him (he was divorced in the dream world and remembered me in previous dreams.)

They spray tanned me (New Jersey inside joke), bleached and colored my hair in wild fantasy colors, braided into numerous braids. Dressed me in a long sleeved dress (the sleeves stopped at just below the elbows) with cut outs in the sleeves and my 3" platform sandals.

But by the time I was finally dressed, but didn't have a chance to brush my teeth or get my makeup done, my parents came to pick me up. The staff had to preoccupy my parents. After I did my 2 minutes of brushing and a 1 minutes rinse, I allowed the women in makeup to paint me up in gold eyeshadow and baby pink lipstick.

After I got to see my parents, who admitted I cleaned up well, I got into the car. On the way home, I wondered what Lee would say. I got out of the car and walked in the door and called out to Lee. I went to his room and he was watching the sun setting. I got his attention and he noticed. "Wow, you actually look human. I'm not being mean, you didn't seem like you recently."

I said "I spent this summer going to numerous doctors. It wasn't going to matter. Tomorrow is my birthday. Want to go raid convenience stores along Route 31? Grandpa Ernie and Grandma Barb sent me a check and so have my relatives. I am going to the bank to deposit them...you game?"

He said "Count me in."

Instructor
Original Poster
#483 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 8:51 PM
i had a nightmare about my dad and thought it actually was happening,

i had a dream that something went wrong with my dad, we had to get him to the hospital, the doctor then told us he doesn't live for much longer anymore because of his kidney issues,
so i cried in my dream about my father and so did my mom, i asked her what's happening to my father once he's dead, she told me everything

we said that we are making the best time we could have with my dad or something and see when he's dying,
then i thought he was dead and put on facebook he's dead while he was still alive (i might've told everyone because he couldn't move anymore) and he hugged me for the last time

phew thank goodness it was just a dream but i sure had a horrible nightmare about him and when i woke up i thought he was already dead
i hope i won't have a nightmare like that again
Mad Poster
#484 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 2:07 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Aug 2019 at 7:32 PM.
The past few days were nightmares. On Friday, in my dreamscape, I was in line at the pharmacy with my groceries (my pharmacy is located within a supermarket and it's the one next to both my family clinic and the elder villa, so you have to time your trip or face their wrath of impropriety along the line of "I'm old! Out of the way, snot nosed punk!") and in Julian Sands' voice, a 6' high penguin approached me to buy a time share along the 2,000 mile coastline that opened up when part of Antarctica broke off. What disturbed me more is that megafauna remains exist of 6 foot high penguins. The tallest today are the Emperor Penguin at around 3 feet high.

On Saturday, he came back and he boarded the elevator and rode to the psych floor. He was seeing someone else on that floor. I told Ms. CS about the 6' penguin and I said "I didn't know he was a patient in this part of the hospital!?" and Ms. CS said "Oh, you mean Valmont? He's currently in group therapy like the rest of this floor's clients and you seem adamant to join."

Going into early Sunday morning, I dreamed that Valmont was working in the freezer section, restocking ice cream, gelato and various frozen treats like popsicles and Italian ices. Well, he seemed at home and he said "How's it going, Lady K? I heard you have been spending time in the hospital districts in Flemington and Philipsburg" I said "Yes, but I met a cute guy, he's almost 50 and I am almost mid 30s. He's a robotics expert and he recently was divorced by his wife after he destroyed his ex-wife's car by accident with a prototype." He said "Do you own a car?" I said "I can't drive, my panic attacks are dangerous for me to be on the road". Valmont, stymied by my circular talk then asked, "Well, who drove you?" I said "My new boyfriend. His name is Grant." Valmont paused and I asked "Are you okay, Valmont?" And he said "So you finally got a dream man..." And the voice sounded shrill and sinister after that "Seems to me, kid, you're a decent contender. But now you figured out that I'm that monster who terrorized you for nearly 20 years in Seattle, I'm going to destroy the tri-state area of Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey, and I'm starting with Hunterdon County of all places. Bye bye bye!" And the hexagonal monster made various foods and drinks have sentience and free will.

I didn't see how it ended, it ended with me waking up.

Space Pony
#485 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 2:50 AM
My PTSD is interrupting my dreams, mostly taking me back to when I was a child and abused

Dag-Dag
Mad Poster
#486 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 5:20 AM
I was in a classroom testing my friend who was at the other side of the classroom when for no reason I make a "Tsssss " sound like air seeping out of a tire. I touch my face and it's swollen so I turn to my friend and shout "My face is swelling up" and the teacher freaks out and tells me to go to the vet, I reply "Why? I'm not a dog!"

My Dad picks me up from school and we're in this weird shop type thing with 2 cash registers and 2 queues, but a girl cuts me off. She was in her queue but just walks in front of mine. I get angry and we argue. She says "You probably couldn't afford your items anyway!!".

Next we're walking out the shop and she calls me, and we're shouting down the phone at each other and I'm bragging to her about how much money I had (£30,000,000 - I wish that was true lol) and that it's probably more money than She's seen in her life. She passed the phone to a boy and he makes a loud noise then hangs up.

Then we get to my Dad's car and suddenly it drives away before we reach it. It's the boy from before. He stole the car. So we're suddenly in a different car my Dad is driving, trying to follow his original car on a GPS thing.

The car stops and we're running through some kind of underground warehouse to get to it. I bump into my mortal enemy (yes, I really do have one) and just say hey and that I wasn't bumping into her to start any drama and just ran past her.

We walk down some stairs and for some reason I stat floating. I look and there's a big circle with candles round it and loads of candles and hooded figures - but I can make out the girl, the boy and my teacher who turns out is the girls Mum. They say that they're the murder cult and I'm going to be the first person the girl murders, so I'm screaming as I float closer and closer to the circle. But then someone mentions that it was my Dad who actually first told the girl off for skipping the line?

So they put me down and I try running up some stairs and pulling my Dad with me - all of a sudden he's now wearing a red velvet cloak over his normal clothes and I grab him by the hood which then rips as he starts to levitate closer and closer to the circle. I keep trying and trying to pull him away

So my Dad tells them that he sued the boy for stealing his car and now owns Oprah's tv show as a result and he would cancel it if they didn't put him down. So they did. Then I woke up.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#487 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 9:27 AM Last edited by Elynda : 21st Aug 2019 at 11:38 AM.
Veejay, the Fairy, and the Mysterious Castle - or The Holy Cabbage Leaf of Camelot.

Yeah, I know, weird titles, but it was a weird dream...

I dreamed that my niece Victoria and I were passing my old school on a bus and were surprised to see that somebody had transformed parts of it into a castle. Somebody on the bus told us it was for a school play they were putting on, although it all looked very ambitious for a school production. Intrigued, we got off the bus to take a closer look and found that the public were being allowed to tour the set. The way everything was laid out, in several different performance spaces, led me to believe the performance would be what is called 'promenade theatre', where the audience is free to wander about and witness various scenes on different stages. Again, I thought this was pretty groundbreaking for a school play.

But there were some odd things about this tour and, as is often the case in dreams, a sense of foreboding; an undertone of something sinister going on. For one thing, we weren't allowed to leave by the way we came in, we had to go all the way through and out the other end. Also, for some reason, we were all given a little buttonhole flower to wear, which we were told not to lose. My niece, who is actually a very level headed young woman and not one to indulge in conspiracy theories, was suggesting that the flowers were some sort of bio-metric measuring device, recording all kinds data about us. I wondered how a slightly withered carnation attached with a safety pin could do that, but Veejay is more tech savvy than me, so I let it go.

And there was something very peculiar about that theatre set too. Parts of it looked super realistic, and other parts looked like typical scenery for an amateur play. And there were various objects, furniture, ornaments and the like, that looked as if somebody had sketched them with coloured pencils and then somehow turned them into 3D objects – they were 'real' but still looked to have been drawn.

Another detail was the fact that, for some reason never adequately explored, I was carrying an old cabbage leaf about with me. I wondered what I was going to do with it, until I passed a heap of assorted vegetable produce stacked in a corner and tossed it onto the pile. Nobody would notice it there, I thought. But, again, this seemed to portend some serious outcome later on. What that would be, I never learned.

The tour guide reminded me of my old history teacher - or an uglier, even more evil version of her. A woman who fancied herself a great wit, and wasn't. She regaled us with tales of witch burnings and traitors being hung, drawn and quartered.

“This is going to be children's production isn't it?” I inquired.

“Why of course,” she said, benevolently.

“Ah, so no public disembowelments then?”

“Sadly, not today,” she chuckled, favouring us all with a smile that made her face even more hideous. I thought I saw a look of profound relief on the faces of some of the other visitors, who had all begun to look a bit queasy by this stage.

When the tour was over we were directed to the exit, which could only be reached by climbing a lot of metal ladders, and traversing some very narrow catwalks whilst crawling on our bellies. That was probably how I'd have done it in real life, actually, since I have no head for heights. And finally we slid down a long smooth chute before handing our, by then, very bedraggled buttonholes to a smiling young man in uniform. He chucked them in a yellow bin marked “Hazardous Waste”.

“Aha!" I thought, "Perhaps my cabbage leaf has foiled their evil scheme” - whatever that was. And just how an old cabbage leaf was going to remedy matters was, again, never fully explained.

And that was about it - or as much as I remember. Then I woke up and, not for the first time, wondered WTF that was all about.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#488 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:47 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 3rd Sep 2019 at 4:52 PM. Reason: Had to fix it up.
Default Claire, The 5th Fantana and The Fanta-Sea
Weird dream.

I was walking in the corridor of The Planetary Society (Dr. Nye works as CEO there.) and the weird part about it was it was located in NYC. (in reality, it's located on the West Coast in California) I looked at the old photos of Dr. Nye's teacher and founder of The Planetary Society, Carl Sagan. Below were some of his quotes throughout his life. The only reason I was there was to drop off a list of names of gods and goddesses for planet names.

Then came a deluge of various fruit flavored soda. It came in waves. The final one was grapefruit. A boat appeared. It was the Fantanas from 2005. (They looked the same as they did all those years ago.) They asked me to join in during some parade in a food festival on the Coca Cola mega float. "On one condition...I would like to be Green Apple and call me Claire (the Fantanas between 2002-2011 used pseudonyms)." Good thing I can dance the samba before Lent. They got me outfitted and eventually the parade was success.

Then it cut to Dr. Nye walking where the deluge of soda ran and as he walked, that crackling zip as heard from leather shoes walking across the sticky floor. He went back to his office and got on the intercom.

"ATTENTION EMPLOYEES! SOMEONE HAS SPILLED A NUMBER OF SODAS ON THE FLOOR IN THE MAIN CORRIDOR. UNTIL SOMEONE COMES FORWARD, YOU WILL ALL BE STAYING ON THE PREMISES UNTIL YOU CONFESS THAT YOU BEFOULED THE MAIN CORRIDOR!...THAT IS ALL!"
(Not really all that pleasant, is he?)

Evidently, the hexagonal monster I have encountered the past two decades is Doubting Darien. He turned out to be the one who tried to wash me down the corridor in the widely available flavors of Fanta in the USA. Good thing I had a good grip on the door handle.

"Doubting Darien... what a rotten name. Not only was the bastard a being of deception at all angles of attacks, he had a phony name that belongs on a sign with a population number marked on it."

A Look at The Mokupuni Islands' STEAM Empire
I was living on an island archipelago called Mokupuni (island in Hawaiian. Real original!) I lived on the big island and sometimes I collect seashells and old coral washed ashore after hurricane season ends. But I found a familiar person. He evidently got separated from his group during the previous night's hurricane. I woke him up. He asked "Where am I?" I said "I am a priestess of the 9 virtues. It was dangerous for your party to sail the path of Hurricane Akira. I better take you to the palace and find you some new clothes."

After dressing in new clothes, I presented him to my parents. "Mom, Dad...I brought a man who can be of assistance." My father said "State your name and business." He said "I'm Lee Unkrich and I work in film in editorial and directorial" My father "From this day forth, you are my daughter's assistant".

I usually have blips of interesting scenes when I nap.

Mad Poster
#489 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 4:03 AM
Me: *Dreams of getting a nasty computer virus on laptop* (for the umpteenth time)
Also me: *wakes up, realizes it's just a dream/nightmare, looks at date for last backup*

Ah. I see. It's been too long since the last time. Is that's what you're telling me, brain?
Methinksso... :/

----

Had a rather fun dream a few days back, where I think at least a few of my story characters managed to get themselves a role. Had nothing to do with the story, though. I wish I remembered more, becuse it's the closest to a finished and rather fun story I've so far dreamt (perfect as a children's tale or some such). I do remember something about them living in a mushroom house able to shrink down to mushroom size, a couple of (giant but shrinkable) frogs or toads guarding it, and some kind of medieval-ish setting where they had to do tasks for some reason. I have a vague memory of Jenna wielding a sword and her (or someone else) saying that famous HP quote "Not my daughter, you B****!"
Field Researcher
#490 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 12:41 PM
I never remember my dreams. It's like when I get up I have a vague idea of what my dream was about, but after a couple of minutes everything vanishes. I also wonder what language bilingual people dream in. I'm monolingual and always dream in my native language, but English and Russian words and phrases do pop in occassionally.

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Mad Poster
#491 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I never remember my dreams. It's like when I get up I have a vague idea of what my dream was about, but after a couple of minutes everything vanishes. I also wonder what language bilingual people dream in. I'm monolingual and always dream in my native language, but English and Russian words and phrases do pop in occassionally.

I tend to speak multiple languages within my dreams. Usually I speak in English, but sometimes it's a tie between Japanese and Latin American Spanish and tied below is Quebecois French and Hawaiian, but my dreams are usually lovey-dovey and romantic. You might find it boring unless drama is your thing.

I've been trying to ask about your username. Is it related to that bear who had a position in the Polish Army during World War 2?

Field Researcher
#492 Old 31st Aug 2019 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I tend to speak multiple languages within my dreams. Usually I speak in English, but sometimes it's a tie between Japanese and Latin American Spanish and tied below is Quebecois French and Hawaiian, but my dreams are usually lovey-dovey and romantic. You might find it boring unless drama is your thing.

I've been trying to ask about your username. Is it related to that bear who had a position in the Polish Army during World War 2?
My dreams are usually action-packed but I forget them withing minutes after waking up but still have a trace somewhere in my memory. Besides, I've got a weird pattern of falling asleep. Instead of going through light sleep stages at the beginning, I somehow go directly into deep sleep within 10-15 minutes only to wake up half an hour later with a trace of a dream-like sensation and find it difficult to fall asleep afterwards. I do really have to fix my sleep schedule.

My username is by no means related to the bear. It's just a coincidence. This is my real name.

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Mad Poster
#493 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
My dreams are usually action-packed but I forget them withing minutes after waking up but still have a trace somewhere in my memory. Besides, I've got a weird pattern of falling asleep. Instead of going through light sleep stages at the beginning, I somehow go directly into deep sleep within 10-15 minutes only to wake up half an hour later with a trace of a dream-like sensation and find it difficult to fall asleep afterwards. I do really have to fix my sleep schedule.

My username is by no means related to the bear. It's just a coincidence. This is my real name.

Well, at least your username origin is no longer a mystery and it was mundane. In all things considered, a username need not be boring. Mine came from my high school years as top student in academics and social graces and our mascot was the red panda, but I also am cool with giant pandas.

Mad Poster
#494 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 2:34 PM
Šome children tried to escape a cell using balloon powers. Probably been reading too much related before going to sleep which iš what triggered it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#495 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 5:13 PM
Default Side Hustle Sodas
After I performed successfully during the parade with the Coca-Cola product lines branded megafloat, I got to be a permanent*

*Or until something comes up or I leave on my own volition

Member of the Fantanas. They gave me a workable schedule, a number of forms to sign and file and I would be promoting new flavors beyond the popular orange, grape, strawberry and pineapple.

On my days off, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, I keep working. My side hustle during Friday afternoon is photographing cats and dogs for the sake of memories for the owner. Saturday, I work on dancing in the outfits and shoes they provided. Sunday, I review restaurants.

Theorist
#496 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 6:30 PM
I have pretty lucid dreams most of the time. This is something you can train yourself to do (remember dreams). Many works of art (as my son said to me the other day) have come from dreams. I had a really bizarre one the other morning which was Sci-fi based--I was on some spaceship/space station thing and trying to get back to some other room and kept going to wrong floors and things were going on. Just odd.

Dreams are often rooted in anxiety.

The best dream I ever had I have had 2 times in my life. I was in this house that I knew "was home" and had many beautiful rooms. I felt very peaceful both times I had that dream. I think it was a past life dream. My husband has a dream he has had a few times over the years where he is riding on or in a steam train in India. I believe it was in Colonial times (British in India). This is also (I believe) a past life dream.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#497 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 5:40 PM
I was a cool surfer dude in my dream (though I personally would never even want to surf) so I was nice and tan and lugging a striped green, yellow (like butter), and blue surf board that was kind of chipped and dented. Apparently I'd had a good time and then I was eating an ice cream and then a rude ass seagull snatced it but I wasn't surprised. There was something neon pink but it was never clear whether my flipflops or clothes were that colour. This was probs cos I'd watched Point Break last night. When I watch cool movies like that my dreams usually end up have a similar theme going on.
Mad Poster
#498 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 3:14 AM
I remembered being in a deep, ageless sleep not unlike being under anesthetic. Weird part was this time Keanu Reeves appears for the first time in my dream.

"Keanu has Excellent timing!"

He is approached by one of the retainers, who resembled Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister and informed Keanu he's going to have to kiss me a la the old fairy tale method. He was stubborn to break his code of honor for another. The retainer said, "She's been asleep for 3 days." He breaks down and kisses my lips. I wake up and try to grasp at exactly how long I was asleep. I turned to Keanu and ask if he was the one who freed me. He said "In spite of my code of conduct, I woke you with a lips-to-lips kiss." I said "Thank you for my awakening. My doctor put too much of one medicine in and I ended up falling asleep for 3 days."

He looked like he currently does after the filming of John Wick 3. We went downstairs and we sat on the couch. Then came my father's white Maine Coon, BOB (Big Old Boy) and sat on Keanu's lap. I told him "This is BOB, aka Big Old Boy. We received him as an orphan left on our doorstep at 3 weeks and fed him foods from the warehouse my mother works for. He's 30 pounds" and stretches out. He said "He's beautiful." Keanu was in awe of BOB.

Instructor
Original Poster
#499 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 7:03 PM
2 days ago i had a weird dream about washing some clothes
you don't even wanna know

i dreamed that you need to use some healthy (vegetable) food in the washing machine, just so it would smell nice when the washing machine is done washing clothes
in my dream it indeed smelled nice, i don't know what i've watched this week but i had a super weird dream about food and washing machine

and today i dreamed i was in spain with my parents on the other side of where we are going in a week,
we were sleeping in an apartment but then many people came to use and asked us where benidorn was, i had a map with me and pointed where benidorn is and many people thanked me

i just hope i won't get weird dreams about using food in the washing machine for clorhes just so my clothes would be clean and smells good
because i know in reality it's impossible, in fact our clothes gonna get dirtier even more and it's gonna stink instead of smelling nice
Mad Poster
#500 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 1:52 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Sep 2019 at 3:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sailorplanet97
2 days ago i had a weird dream about washing some clothes
you don't even wanna know

i dreamed that you need to use some healthy (vegetable) food in the washing machine, just so it would smell nice when the washing machine is done washing clothes
in my dream it indeed smelled nice, i don't know what i've watched this week but i had a super weird dream about food and washing machine

and today i dreamed i was in spain with my parents on the other side of where we are going in a week,
we were sleeping in an apartment but then many people came to use and asked us where benidorn was, i had a map with me and pointed where benidorn is and many people thanked me

i just hope i won't get weird dreams about using food in the washing machine for clorhes just so my clothes would be clean and smells good
because i know in reality it's impossible, in fact our clothes gonna get dirtier even more and it's gonna stink instead of smelling nice

Salad as detergent? You got me there!

Keanu Reeve's first appearance was offbeat, but I allowed him to trust me if I trust him. I put a bunch of pillows in a pile and I cuddled with him. He was worried, but I said "I actually don't get much of a chance to get out. The last guy I tried to connect with turned out to be going out with some hot mess in the yogurt section. At our local grocery store, we have one of the largest yogurt sections. Takes up about ⅔ of the wall. Larger than Whole Foods. It would probably give Dana Carvey's uncle in law a heart attack." He asked "What makes you say that?" I said "When the in-law saw the yogurt section, he flipped, saying 'Oh my God. Peaches and cream...LOOK AT ALL THE YOGURT!' and this is because he lived in a tiny Irish village that was basic and very little variety when shopping for groceries."

He sort sat on it and said "I can believe it". My cat Gemini sat in his lap. I told him, "She loves you." He asked "What does she like?" I told him "Warm laps, petting and sweet words." Keanu played with Gemini and she begins chatting. He ask "Is she part Siamese?" I said "Gemini was suspected to be Siamese, but she was born in an environment where dogs were so common, she was friends with one. When her dog friend was taken, her meowing was more like barking. We had her since she was 3. She is 9 now." He asked "Is she an indoor\outdoor cat?" I said "I ask you not to leave her out in the rain. Even if her fur ends up soft, she will act like "You're dead to me..." for a day or two."

Keanu gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was rough, I blush a little. Gemini slept on one of my sides, BOB slept at my feet. Keanu left to sleep in the Slendy room

(it's a room painted dark blue that my mother and I refuse to stay longer than 3 minutes in and as far as I know, I wouldn't be surprised if monsters like Slenderman were hiding in the closet living rent-free. I should charge for any back rent for closet monster. PS my uncle Chip originally lived in the Slendy room. He liked the dark blue which helped him sleep after being jetlagged.)

Page 20 of 30