Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fluffy
retired moderator
#1276 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 9:50 AM
emperus,
thanks for the offer, translations are always welcome, though they're a huge amount of work on your part
I think the best person to send them to, is Numenor, since he added the other ones. He's on holiday till somewhere in september, I believe.

Open your eyes,
Please read my reply do tonyNadele, two posts ago. This should also work for you.
Advertisement
Inventor
#1277 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 12:23 PM Last edited by Cocomama : 22nd Aug 2008 at 9:25 PM.
I'm using the Milkshapetutorial, and have a problem when saving my new table mesh over the original exported .obj file.
I followed the tutorial exactly and my new tutorial table shows up correctly in the game with a new texture and catalog description but still has the old shape.
As I am used to Bodyshop meshes and rigthclicking exporting GMDC with Unimesh 4.09, I went to check my tutorial table in Milkshape that way and yes, it was the old shape. So I redit the part of the tutorial to prepare the mesh for reimporting back in SimPE several times by importing obj in Milkshape, regroup, rename and export as obj but it seems that somehow my original exported obj does ask to be overwritten but after confirmation isn't changing the shape of the mesh.
So I've read all 52 pages of questions and answers here and only one referred to this problem (post 910 from deelo) and I don't really understand what was done here to correct it. It should not be neccesary to rename anything by hand otherwise it would be mentioned in the tutorial??
So I guess it is something simple like a setting in Milkshape, or overwriting the wrong file so I tryed a new table, but must have made the same mistake as again no change.
Could someone please tell me what/were I did something wrong as I simply don't see it.

edit 18-8: I had the regouped mesh overwrite the file table2map and imported that in my tablemesh, and my meshshape is there, but thats not how/what was written in the tutorial. So I still need confirmation that it is OK to do it like that.

edit2 21-8: No, the table is not as it should be, it has all the textures from the original table in it. And an other decorative object mesh I've made is not recolorable. The trouble is that overwriting the original exported .obj is not working/not changing the meshes shape and importing the changed mesh with another name results in strange recolor behaviour.

I did another deco object and this time checked "create stand-alone package" in the clone options, but that didn't made any difference, tryed a Tools-Fix Intregrity-not click update-OK, and that didn't made any change. Read Numenors tutorials about recolorable objects, and still don't know what to do !

Edit 22-8: Did another Tutorial table, this time overwriting the original exported obj did work, and changed the shape of the mesh, but meshed up this time by updating MMAT for all parts. Luckely I've found information how to re-use my guids, thank you Numenor!!!.
By reading all kind of info and tutorials about recolorable objects, thanks Numenor and IgnorantBliss, it turned out the decorative object (sculpture-chinavase) I cloned to make another deco mesh, in itself is not recolorable, missing a designmodeenabled block in the GMND, so I think it is the CEP that made it look like it was recolorable. The fact that several other creators used that china vase object to clone from, made me think it was recolorable, but they must have made it recolorable themselves. And I suppose I am not permitted to clone their object just to have the extra designmodeenabled block in the GMND, or can I ??
I haven't been able to make my own objects recolorable, as in my SimPE 0.68 everything looks to different from the info/tutorial pictures.
I think I have to find myself another object to clone from that is recolorable, but that has to have the same possibilities as the china vase, at least be placeable on the table and on the floor, and preferable with a nice room score, 1 mesh group, no shadow and from the basegame, so the resulting new mesh will be basegamecompatible. So I found a tutorial to make SimPE only display the basegame objects (thanks again Numenor!!) Found a list of objects to clone from IgnorantBliss, but that doesn't say anything about placement, roomscore interactions or shadows and stuff.

Would somebody please give me some advice???

In case anybody is actually reading this and is walking the same path to make objects, here are some links to usefull info and tutorials I've found on the way.

Numenor *CREATING* BASE-GAME COMPLIANT OBJECTS
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=193642

Numenor- options Recoloring and cloning with SimPE http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71411

Numenor- Creating Recolorenabled objects
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52499

Numenor- Colour options for EP ready packages
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42014

IgnorantBliss- Adding a subset to an object and make it recolorable
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=103379

Numenor- oa Info about Guids http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32228
Adres GuidDatabase- http://sims.ambertation.de/en/guiddb

IgnorantBliss Clonable Objects: A List Of Good Objects For Cloning
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173017

Edit 22-08 : My tutorialtable is finally 100%, turned out that I didn't know I have to check Create-standalone-package when cloning the talking table.
And I have found the information how to make my deco object recolorable thanks to Phoenix Phaerie here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=279613

So, I think I don't need help anymore with this tutorial. Now I'm off to make a lot more objects and recolors for it Happy Simming!!
Test Subject
#1278 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 11:18 AM
hello,

now i´m trying to make my own neon light and i´m using neon flamingo, which has orginally five colors, but only the blue one is exported. or i don´t know how to describe it - those who allready used this flamingo light for something probably knows what i´m talking about - there are all of the colors in the pacage, but it shines blue anyway.

so the question is - what do i have to do to make it shine pink or yellow? or any other color. because my last experiment crashed the game (which i´m used to) so i had to do something terrible again with the whole pacage

(i was trying to read numenor´s and jwood´s modding InfoCenter about lights, but i´m apparently not advanced enough to understand it for now, i´ll try to read it later)
Test Subject
#1279 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:37 PM
hey when i install sim PE my whole sims chrashes down does this mean i cant make objects for the sims 2 ?????
Test Subject
#1280 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:53 AM
I'm quite pleased with myself, lol. Took me long enough but I finally did it.

I just have one quick question. If i want to scale the legs down so they aren't as "wide", what axis do I work on? The x-axis? And do I uncheck the others? (under the scale tab) I just don't want to make the table shorter lol, so I thought I'd ask. Any help would be great.
Test Subject
#1281 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 10:06 PM
hi newsteenfan, may i help you. I'm argentinian so, i can't express all of my ideas in english.
Well, you have to convert the legs to editable poly, and select "edge". Then, select the scale button, and move the gizmo in order to your idea.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#1282 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 7:37 PM
Thanks a lot for this tutorial. It was very helpful!
Test Subject
#1283 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 8:31 PM
Help! When i try nd export it is saying there are no export pulgins available! Help!
Test Subject
#1284 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 8:32 PM
Help! Its saying when i export for the first time that there are no expot plugins available! Help!
Test Subject
#1285 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 8:33 PM
Oops, doule post...
Test Subject
#1286 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 2:11 PM Last edited by GlamourSims : 31st Oct 2008 at 2:37 PM.
Thank you SOOOOO much for the Blender Version of this tutorial, only one problem though! the words get cut off at the edge of the page (On the right side) when viewing or printing, i downloaded the milkshape tutorial and everything was fine! I can still make out what it's saying but . . . any thoughts? once again thank you so much!
EDIT: Both parts 1 and 2 have the same problem but it is more apparent in part 1
Test Subject
#1287 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 3:48 PM
OMG thank you for this tutorial. It was like an answer to my prayers :D

Everything I do, I do it TWICE.
Test Subject
#1288 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 5:43 PM
Many thanks for this great tutorial, I've translate it into german.

Maybe anybody find it helpful?
Field Researcher
#1289 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 9:29 AM
Probably lots of German simmers will, Magicdawn
Perhaps if you post it as an attachment a mod will add it to the main post?

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
#1290 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Numenor : 8th Nov 2008 at 9:16 PM. Reason: Attachments moved to first post
I hope it will be okay.

Object Creation tutorial V.2.1 (Milkshape) (German) -> Split in 2 parts
Test Subject
#1291 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 10:08 AM
Hi im just wondering i just downloaded mine and it doesnot open it opens in a internet page then says open or save again i just press cancel. PLZ help

»Miley«[/CENTER]
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#1292 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 10:30 AM
opens fine for me - you do have WinRAR installed?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#1293 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 6:43 PM
don't wish to state the obvious, but you do have a pdf viewer?
Test Subject
#1294 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 4:34 PM
help! Something is wrong. When the tutorial was @ the beginning after it tells you to save the file in the folder tutorial files on your desktop then go and click "geometric data container" under resource type mine doesnt say that it says "table-dining-quaint" and then some number. What did i do wrong?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#1295 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 7:45 PM
The name you see - if I understand correctly - is not very important. However, I strongly suggest to follow the tutorial exactly, at least the first time; go back a couple of pages, where the tutorial explains about the Scenegraph Rename Wizard: I think you have missed that point.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#1296 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 7:49 AM
I've seen some mention of this, but is it possible to use other 3d modeling software to make objects? I have 3DS Max AND Rhinoceros and I'm a bit hesitant to install yet another piece of 3d modeling software if I don't have to. It doesn't seem that sim pe recognizes these file types. Or is there a file type that I could export to that sim pe can recognize?
Test Subject
#1297 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 5:08 PM
thank you numenor i will see if it works
Test Subject
#1298 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 3:53 PM
messy tutorial, since the last check in long ago.
Test Subject
#1299 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 10:15 PM
I did this today . It was great. butt.... Where do I go to keep learning object meshing I'm using milkshape
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#1300 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 10:26 PM
Milkshape is a popular tool for lots of 3d work, so if you just Google "milkshape tutorial" or some such you should find some nice tutorials on general object meshing.
Page 52 of 58