Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10726 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicEcho
I'm about to remove all my mods AGAIN. I'm stuck in a never ending cycle of downloading a whole heap of mods, realizing it slows my loading times to a crawl, feeling like I have too much unnecessary stuff, deleting EVERYTHING, promising myself I'll keep it to an absolute minimum next time, and then going on absolutely insane mod downloading binges until I need to repeat the same process again...

I swear though, the loading is the biggest killer for me. And I'm not even fully sure if I need/want mods like ACR. I mean they are fun, but they also ruin some things for me. I hate how much I overthink about this game lol, it's supposed to be for fun..! But that's my fault, not the game's fault.

Did you ever ask yourself what you get out of the overthinking part? Maybe that gives you some pleasure, too?

Just because we aren't 'supposed' to overthink things doesn't mean we're all wired the same, and you might be finding something you personally need in there. Don't beat yourself up over things that fill your needs, just because someone else thinks you shouldn't even have that need. We aren't sims.

On the other hand, if you really don't get anything from overthinking, then carry on.

My personal solution is to have game instances with different mod sets. Some mods I use everywhere (No what's this?) and others (Community Time, Religion) are only in some instances. Then I can see how much I choose to play with those mods.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#10727 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 12:16 AM
I got annoyed with how few sims could be on community lots so I looked up a mod to fix it! 30 Sims overwhelmed me though so I changed it to min 15 and max 20. I'm glad to have community lots that aren't basically empty anymore but man all these Sims keep kissing each other! lol

Edit: This is the mod https://modthesims.info/d/606146/mo...s-customer.html

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#10728 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 2:45 AM
You could change the ACR settings if the kissing is actually interfering.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#10729 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You could change the ACR settings if the kissing is actually interfering.

I might end up doing that. I can also just take away the crush/whatever flags with no penalty too so i'm not too worried. I know I have something for that, it's just been months since I played. Sim manipulator maybe?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#10730 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 10:13 PM
Decided to play some vacation hood, but remember there were problems in each, like no bathroom and nothing to do it Big Foots. Looking for "How to build" and "How to make changes..to secret lots". I found...myself, from years ago. Sad how many things I've learned to do, and forgotten. And I left my stove burner on...again. Would it be funny if I started a fire and started doing the Sim's fire dance?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10731 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 2:35 AM
Every time I make a forested lot it seems like I always start with about 3x the number of trees I actually want by the end of it... completely backwards from how I'd judge most real-world construction projects!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10732 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I found...myself, from years ago.

This happens to me all of the time, I just recently started playing Sims 3 for the first time in years and I had to google how to do things... three times, I found the answers in tutorials I myself had written, many years ago!
Top Secret Researcher
#10733 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 12:47 PM
I feel like if that happened to me it would be looking for a piece of CC that I was also looking for several years ago which still doesn't exist.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#10734 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 6:41 PM
I despise hybrids! And no I'm not talking about creatures. I'm talking about hybrids between sims who need help in a store and don't need help. They will be talking to other sims and then all of a sudden apparently they needed help this whole time and they get a red star sooner than I can react. Stupid!!! I always moveobjects-delete them like a plague!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#10735 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 7:43 PM
The CC dance continues....in one dorm, if someone tries to get bills the mail box disappears briefly and the Sim resets. I keep re-downloading "no finals at night" but they still have them (whose stupid idea was it to schedule finals at 3am!). Some sims cannot be told to clean up empty plates. I have "no meeting professors" but students still know LOTS of them. Mirrored bunk beds keep flashing blue and throwing errors, but I've downloaded "fixes". Random Sims, in different hoods, keep resetting; I think they are having some sort of fit and want to put them out of their (my) misery.
I know I know, CC conflict. Too lazy to figure it out.

Mad Poster
#10736 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 2:59 AM
I wish landscaping that was present on a lot from the outset didn't run the price up so dramatically... like, IRL if you're buying a lot that's covered in forest, it might cost more (or less) than a nearby cleared lot, but that would be determined by property values that TS2 already ignores (e.g. a 2x2 lot in the middle of downtown costs the same as a 2x2 lot out in the suburbs). My lots are already expensive enough without the 'natural' landscaping running up the price tag even more!

Field Researcher
#10737 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 8:43 PM
I've been unable to focus on a single project for months, juggling between clothes/hair/food defaults, recolors, meshing, improving older projects... everything is a WIP and nothing is done. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that lockdown restrictions were lifted and I suddenly had much more to do in general, + I'm finally getting some positive outcomes in my job search. Which means I can't just sit at my computer and hyperfixate about a particular thing for 3 days straight

I wonder how some people manage to play and create while working a full-time job and/or raising kids... or do they?
Mad Poster
#10738 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 9:17 PM
They do; but they aren't you and you aren't them. Comparisons are odious. You focus on doing the things you want to do the way you want and need to do them, and don't worry about how anybody else does it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10739 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I wish landscaping that was present on a lot from the outset didn't run the price up so dramatically

Would the Magic Wand by pescado fix that? I've not used it, but i think it lowers the price of objects you hover over?
Top Secret Researcher
#10740 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 10:01 PM
Random thought: When a group of Sims are meant to walk to lot, it should actually wait for them all. I had La Fiesta Tech sorority girls walk to a lot and all of them were supposed to go, Jessie was on her way but it apparently thought she was taking too long and left her! So I went back and got her but now the other girls are 1 hour closer to their final exam than she is lol.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10741 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Some sims cannot be told to clean up empty plates.
I get that problem sometimes. It seems to go away on its own after a few hours. I don't know if it's a CC related problem, but I recall getting it in my early game when I had very few mods. Not so long ago Mercutio was the only member of the Monty family who could do the dishes, so Isabella and Patrizio were anxiously waiting for him to come home from school and clear the breakfast table. By the next day (or thereabouts) Isabella, Patrizio and Romeo were all able to clear up dishes again.

My normal workaround, if no family member is available to do it, is to invite a friend round, make them controllable, and get them to clear away the dishes.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#10742 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 9:15 AM
I've had problems with glitched plates too, the option of putting away leftovers did not always appear, and in the worst case I couldn't click them in live mode or even grab them in buy mode with moveobjects on. My last resort was to delete them in debug mode

My game is a bit buggy lately too, I had a sim constantly resetting until I deleted a CC bed from the lot (with which I had no problems until then, maybe a conflict with another CC object?). Also pretty messep up attraction mechanics between step-sisters, adopted brothers, and in-laws - the latter not necessarily being a bug but still everyone in the room was basically getting the hots over each other. Maybe I should mention that I'm playing Arkhelios at the moment, and the family trees are very... tangled
Scholar
#10743 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 9:27 AM
That awkward moment when your Sim is about to propose and their intended offers to hook them up with someone else . . .
Mad Poster
#10744 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 10:45 PM
In real life also...

Instructor
#10745 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 1:39 AM
When you begin to despise all of the dorms because you've sent so many sims to university and the dorms are so blah, but you're too lazy to remodel them. And so you download some cc dorms. But then they're toooo nice and stick out too much. So you're just gonna go back to using the game dorms.

I am the you in this story. I've had a long day.
Top Secret Researcher
#10746 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 3:37 AM
After spending hours looking at SimPE to put my playable sims genetics into spreadsheets I have now re-memorized (I had done it before too lol) the hair/eye/skintone strings. I find TS2 genetics the best out of the generations and look forward to seeing how they play out with the generations.

Edit: Well not the ENTIRE strings lol just like the first 3 letters/numbers I can identify what eye color it is. Hair and skin is mostly simpler but I do have some geneticized skintones and I know those off like the first 3 numbers now too.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#10747 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:32 AM
It always amuses me when I see someone in a completely different medium (usually Minecraft, but sometimes other graphics/architectural design programs I can't ID) who clearly used the same image as inspiration for one of their buildings as I did for one of mine.

Mad Poster
#10748 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 7:47 PM
That must be a really neat experience Zarathustra

My random thought is that I imagine my sims habits would look pretty odd to other gamers. Often when I'm tired I'll just zoom around a Sims household with pause on, looking at the Sims frozen in their actions, and looking at the pictures on their walls and decorative items. Very relaxing, and good way for me to experience the game when my brain is too tired to be able to handle real gameplay. Just daydream about play sessions long gone :3

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10749 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:52 PM
Sometimes I wonder what my partner's ps4 friends think when they hear me whispering "Dynamite... Depth Charge... Incendiary... Explosive... Mail bomb" to myself about 5x per night every night in the background...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#10750 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 12:54 AM
Toddlers have the slowest reaction time. You cancel them using the potty/the toddler bed before they do it, and 5 minutes later they're still doing it anyway.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Page 430 of 515