8 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#27476 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Oh dear! I'm sure it shouldn't. I've just checked the board - there indeed has been no changes since April.

Not sure what you could do now. Perhaps try PM-ing one of the moderators of that board if you're in a hurry.

No need--backlog has now been cleared. Thanks, HugeLunatic! (I think, looking at the forum.)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27477 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 3:40 PM
Does anyone know what it is that determines a Sim's reaction when a prank is played on them? Some think it's funny, and some get mad. Is it their personality or their relationship to the pranker, or maybe both? Johnny pulled a prank on his father and that made them best friends. I'd do it more if I had a clearer understanding of what the outcome might be.
Alchemist
#27478 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 5:17 PM
In my experience, it's the relationship. Personality would make way more sense, but, eh, what are you going to do? Anyway, personality (and aspiration) seems to be more likely to influence who rolls wants to do pranks. IIRC, outgoing and playful sims roll those wants more. And maybe Pleasure and Popularity sims.

As for who accepts the interactions, again, it seems to be about relationship. I don't think I've ever seen best friends or BFFs reject/get mad from a prank. I don't think that'd happen unless the sim getting pranked on was in an extremely bad mood. But for sims just becoming friends who are still around that 50 point threshold and not best friends, I'd be careful.

Oh you know what, personality may influence the type of reaction, in terms of how the prank is accepted. Some sims just laugh it off but others actually queue up a prank to get back at the sim who pranked them. So personality might have some influence there, but if they are besties, they'll always react well. Make sense?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Alchemist
#27479 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 5:39 PM
It's a combination of mood, personality (playfulness and nice) and long term relationship.
Alchemist
#27480 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 5:05 AM
Okay, so I found some new things to download, but they have this weird shadow around it:

I tried deleting all the shadows from the object, but no go. The shadow is gone inside, but outside, there's those boxes around them--and I'll most likely use the items outside. Any idea on what I could be missing or how to fix it?
Screenshots

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27481 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Okay, so I found some new things to download, but they have this weird shadow around it:

I tried deleting all the shadows from the object, but no go. The shadow is gone inside, but outside, there's those boxes around them--and I'll most likely use the items outside. Any idea on what I could be missing or how to fix it?

What item is this?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#27482 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 1:22 PM
It's deco trash piles from AutumnRose, from this set here: https://autumn-rosesims.tumblr.com/...wnsugarbabesims

Mad Poster
#27483 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 2:58 PM
It's deco trash piles from AutumnRose, from this set here: https://autumn-rosesims.tumblr.com/...wnsugarbabesims

I would ask the original creator to fix it... They might not even know there's a problem.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#27484 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:47 PM
It's weird because that doesn't look like an outdoor shadow to me, but anyway outdoor shadows don't use shadow meshes. You have to edit those in the GMND. And yes, please tell the creator so that they can support their work.
Alchemist
#27485 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 4:54 PM
I did try deleting the shadows from the GMND, but that didn't work either. And it looks like I can't message this particular creator without a tumblr account. ...Or it could be my internet, I guess. I'll try that again later, but either way, looks like I'll have to leave these alone for now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mad Poster
#27486 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 5:44 PM
I did try deleting the shadows from the GMND, but that didn't work either. And it looks like I can't message this particular creator without a tumblr account. ...Or it could be my internet, I guess. I'll try that again later, but either way, looks like I'll have to leave these alone for now.

In the blocklist line "tsNoShadow", you can set the value to 1 for the subset(s) you want to remove the sun/outdoor shadow for, and it should disappear. I don't think deleting it will work.
Alchemist
#27487 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 5:45 PM

You didn't just delete lines from the GMND, though right? Because that's not how it's done. Not being vague on purpose, I just don't have time to double check the exact steps.

ETA - what Simmer22 said.
Alchemist
#27488 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 4:19 AM
That's exactly what I did, delete the line. But when I took a look at an original copy of one of the piles I was editing, it seems that the tsNoShadow line is already set to one!
So, yeah, no idea what's going on with this mod and going to have to message the creator.

Mad Poster
#27489 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 4:35 AM
That's exactly what I did, delete the line. But when I took a look at an original copy of one of the piles I was editing, it seems that the tsNoShadow line is already set to one!
So, yeah, no idea what's going on with this mod and going to have to message the creator.

It needs to be set for the "sculpture" part (or whatever the mesh groups are named, could even be multiple), as this is the one throwing the sun/outdoor shadow.

The "groundshadow" part should already have the setting as default, because the groundshadow shouldn't be casting a shadow on its own (that'd be weird).
Alchemist
#27490 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 5:46 AM
That did it; thanks @simmer22!

Forum Resident
#27491 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 4:16 AM
So for a while know every time I select the interactions for sims the option comes up constantly for super duper hug....which apparently a bug, is there a way to fix, also apparently it affects llots that shouldn't be uploaded but I was going to upload one to simfileshare (Not here as I have neither the time or patience for outdoor/terrain building)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27492 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 4:19 AM
@Mischief Managed Yes, this is a nice easy fix- put this in your downloads and then load the affected lot, click 'ok' as many times as needed and save the lot and the problem is gone.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...978#post5670978
The lot is safe to share then.
Forum Resident
#27493 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Mischief Managed Yes, this is a nice easy fix- put this in your downloads and then load the affected lot, click 'ok' as many times as needed and save the lot and the problem is gone.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...978#post5670978
The lot is safe to share then.

Thank you!

and @LaOsaGS apparently this is the solution
Theorist
#27494 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 2:38 PM
I had a teen Sim run away from their home. Is it safe to add them to a different household using, for example, Sim Manipulator? I wouldn't want to contact police department for the teen's escape, because I don't want them to return to their home, and instead, I want them to run away with their love to a secluded spot in the hills.
Forum Resident
#27495 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 2:47 PM
I had a teen Sim run away from their home. Is it safe to add them to a different household using, for example, Sim Manipulator? I wouldn't want to contact police department for the teen's escape, because I don't want them to return to their home, and instead, I want them to run away with their love to a secluded spot in the hills.

I've done that before, and didn't have any noticable problems, so I'd say it is safe. Just make sure you click the move in option, not just make selectable.
Theorist
#27496 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 4:47 PM Last edited by topp : 2nd Jul 2021 at 9:27 PM.
Thanks. And what tools can I use to change clothes of NPCs? I'm playing a themed hood, so I'd like for example the newspaper delivery NPCs to be wearing clothes I pick for them. I have No NPC Revert, but I'm not sure how to change their outfits.

I tried ChristianLuv's Plugin Closet and Plugin Closet Gussy up but the only options I had were to change appearance or plastic surgery - not the outfits.

Also, yet another question. I apologize for my curiousness.

I was watching some YouTube videos on game corruption, and the person ran the hood checker. A bunch of "first/second/either sim doesn't exist" errors popped up in regards to sim relationships. However, I've read once before that sims develop relationships with objects too (for example, the mechanics of a dead sim's ghost revisiting their old bed which they had a "high" relationship with because of high usage). Maybe hood checker removes data that doesn't necessarily have to be removed?
Forum Resident
#27497 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 4:24 PM
Maybe hood checker removes data that doesn't necessarily have to be removed?

I think it does to a degree. I read somewhere a while ago, forgot where unfortunately, that sims having an invalid relationship with themselves is the game's way of preventing sims from meeting themselves some how. So, sims having a relationship with themselves is, supposedly, normal and doesn't cause any issues. It just gets removed as it's flagged as an issue by HoodChecker.

I did an experiment recently where I duplicated sims and since it was in an already corrupted hood that had never run HoodChecker through it once, everyone had an 'invalid relationship with themselves.' Due to that, when the duplicates interacted, they never got a memory of meeting themselves, like they did in a version when I had run the HoodChecker.

I could be very wrong though, but it's fun to theorise!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#27498 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM
Here is a stupid question, but it just occurred to me to wonder...

If you use the Sim Blender to turn someone into a Downtownie but you don't have a Downtown attached to your hood, what happens to them?
Theorist
#27499 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 6:40 PM
Interesting find, I didn't know about this! However, doesn't HC already report "Sim has a relationship with self?" I'm not sure, so I'm asking. These would then be different from the "X Sim doesn't exist" type of findings; X being "first" or "second." The "neither SIm exists" problem could potentially fall into the self-relationship category, if for example HC first checks if the Sims exist (and encounters an error when reading their (broken/non-existent) character files), and then checks if their IDs are equal, but that depends on the way it was programmed.

Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
what happens to them?
They're "inaccessible" by in-game means (unless someone already knows them and calls them over sometime) all until you add a downtown and they randomly show up on a community lot. A very similar thing happens when you first load a neighborhood and the Exotic Destinations get created upon first load - you get a bunch of vacationers and tourists added to your hood which you don't see until you:
1) add a vacation destination,
2) fly there and run into them.
(And even then, you may add just Twikkii Island and never see the Far East or mountain locals.)
Mad Poster
#27500 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 5:09 PM
Is it me/my old computer/my browser or is it the new downloads system that makes it very hard to see what a download has in it? Scrolling is weird, etc.

Before I gripe to support I want to make sure it's not a personal problem and then document the heck out of it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 1100 of 1339