Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Secret Door - Sliding bookcase

by boblishman Posted 18th Nov 2005 at 9:03 AM - Updated 8th Jul 2011 at 6:51 PM by boblishman

302 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 286 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
#76 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:03 PM
This Download is perfect. I must Download it. :bombface:
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:44 PM
You make such awesome things Boblish dude "outstanding" THANX :D
Field Researcher
#78 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 9:53 PM
Great job on this, but I have a question. If the walls are down, is the bookcase viewable like a regular bookcase, or does it disappear like a regular door would?
thanks for this

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Forum Resident
#79 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 11:36 PM
This is so cool, thank you so much for making it!

~ Syn *Runs off to build Castle with secret tunnels*
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:20 AM
Wow! I've been waiting for something like this! Thank you so much!
Maybe you could join up with Inge Jones to make the door lockable so not everyone can go through it?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:59 AM
Thanks so much Bob, you are so very talented! :-)
Inventor
#82 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:49 AM
Awesome creation ... thank you.

It would be great if someone could make this door 'assignable' like the university dorm doors and or lockable...

I wish I knew how to do that myself so I don't have to wait for someone to share it.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#83 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:04 AM
Wow, this is really awesome!

But I was wondering if anyone had thought about making a closet/wardrobe model? Either a sliding one or (a little more difficult to accomplish but cooler still) a wardrobe that could open as a double door...
Test Subject
#84 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:20 AM
Wow--- just wow!, This is simply awesome *grins evilly* my sims will love there new secret passageway, I use the APO Burglar alarm to lock it so only certain sims can get in through the book case.... I wish this could be used as a NORMAL bookcase, and an additional option to "Open Secret Passageway" but, this is still cool as it gets :P, I just put it in context with other bookcases and Move Object on cheat, so the bookcase "dissapears" into the others, like i said... WOW, thank you :D

Macky has written this, gasp, this might be worth something someday !!!
http://www.l33tsig.net/sig/macky.png
Scholar
#85 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 4:08 AM
kinda like the Goths in Bustin Out on ps2
Wow this is great

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 7:46 AM
This has "Susan: now you can finally recreate the house from 'The Colonel's Bequest'" all over it. Moreso if it was a wall instead of a bookcase, but if it slides and it's hidden, I'm all for it! :-D
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kidwizz
do you think can you make a family only door?

Oh yes please - then you have a secret door. It wouldn't be the same if all the visitors tramped through it all the time! Brilliant
#88 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:19 AM Last edited by Cheeze_Man : 20th Nov 2005 at 10:29 AM.
i think it is a really good idea but there should be a few, more stylish bookcases
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:24 AM
Fabulous

Quote:
Life's a mountain,every single person climbs it,and you have to find the right stones to climb the mountain faster.The mountain never ends,and at all,every single person is equal of their values.Bill Gates' value and rights are just same of a Somalian boy.

©Me
Field Researcher
#90 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:08 PM
Wicked... I thought "Harry Potter" when I saw it too, especially since there are so many bookcase-passageways in the HP games...

However, (I hate to seem greedy, but) would it be possible to get a sliding door with a stone texture? I just wondered since a 'hidden panel' would be great for the home of my sorceress... however, books work too :D

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:59 PM
Wow, This is like the door from The Sims - Bustin' Out for PS2, great to have it for PC
Test Subject
#92 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 4:22 PM
:jaw: absolutely wonderful! thanks so much :jig:
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 6:59 PM
good JOB!
Test Subject
#94 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 7:26 PM
:o >
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 7:27 PM
:jaw OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 2:16 AM
holy cow! thanks bob.. i loved all your works..

[COLOR=Indigo]sImS aRe mY pAsT, pReSeNt aNd fUtUrE..[/COLOR]
#97 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 12:59 PM
I can't install the Sliding Bookcase in my game...WHY?
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Erato
I can't install the Sliding Bookcase in my game...WHY?

Are you looking in the right place?....remember...it's NOT a bookcase (it just looks like one)....you'll find it under the BUILD catalogue ...under DOORS..

***** PLEASE NOTE *****

Do not upload any of my original mesh files ANYWHERE...either as part of your recolour posts or included in any LOTS or SIMS. Thank you

#99 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 1:32 PM
Yes I know it's not a bookcase...the Secret Door -Sliding Bookcase, it's ok now?
#100 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 1:34 PM
I don't find this object under the BUILD Catalogue, under Doors.
Page 4 of 13