Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No 'zzZZ' while sleeping (Global Mod) - UPD 02mar2008

by Numenor Posted 8th Apr 2007 at 12:23 AM - Updated 10th May 2009 at 4:32 PM by Numenor : Tested with Apartment Life and Mansion&Garden

118 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Instructor
#26 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 7:40 PM
Thank you so much. I love my sims but these Zzz's were too much.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:27 PM
Ah, no more having to buy a hacked bonzai tree every time I wanted to take decent pictures - that gave me a delayed reaction too which was annoying ¬_¬ Grazie mille :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by decorgal21572
Does this work when they pass out? Twojeffs made a no zz's hack a while ago which I use (it's not global) but it doesn't work when they pass out.

Yes, the zzZZ are removed also when they pass out (tested).
I've not tested another case: when the sims fall asleep while eating; but it should work for it, too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 12:20 AM
Interesting! Will give it a go :D
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:33 PM
I've been waiting for something like this forever! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 3:12 PM
Test Subject
#32 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 8:38 PM
This Fabulous!!! Will it clash with anyother hacks? Thanks again.

WHEN THE VERY FIRST MAN DISCOVERED THAT COWS HAVE MILK... WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WAS DOING??

SEVEN DEADLY SINS IS ON HOLD UNTIL MY COMPUTER IS OKAY AGAIN

Where in the nursury rhyme does it say that Humpty Dumpty is an egg?

My Site Here.... <3
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 4:08 PM
My hack contains a modified version of a global Text List, and therefore it might conflict with other hacks. It's impossible to confirm or deny the chance of conflict with "any other hack".
If you have a specific hack in mind (and if you are experiencing problems), tell me what other hack you'd like me to check for conflicts against my own hack.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 9:58 AM
Thank you for making this! :D

There's one thing I've noticed though. The "zzZZ's" still appear while a sim is napping in a recliner, at least they do in my game. Just thought I'd give the heads-up in case that wasn't intended to happen.

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Field Researcher
#35 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TenshiiAkari12
Thank you for making this! :D

There's one thing I've noticed though. The "zzZZ's" still appear while a sim is napping in a recliner, at least they do in my game. Just thought I'd give the heads-up in case that wasn't intended to happen.

I'm so glad it's not just me They don't seem to show when falling asleep in their food though, at least I didn't notice it the last time that happened

Instructor
#36 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 10:37 PM
Thank you Very Much! for this much needed mod.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 11th May 2007 at 4:18 AM
Wow! Thank you so much I was just hating those Zzzz's

When I blossom I shall be lovely
Instructor
#38 Old 23rd May 2007 at 10:25 PM
Indeed. The movie maker plant object was supposed to have an item on it that removes the Z's. But more often than not, it did nothing. Therefore, that plant is really only useful for forcing nightmares.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 4:00 PM
Thank you!! THAAANK YOU!! This is wonderful. Now I can take photos of my sims while they're sleeping and NO "Z" will appear, muahahaha... .

ERRARE HVMANVM EST
Field Researcher
#40 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 10:03 PM
A little request though: pleeeease can you strip it from the coffins too? Every time I wake my vampires to pose them for a picture, the zzz's are still floating about their heads! Gah!!

Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:53 PM
yes, this will be great for my movie making. thank you so much for this mod
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 9:14 PM
For some reason, now the Zzzz's won't go away! I tried waking the sim, butting them in another bed, changing thier cloths, exiting the lot and re-entering with them awake, Exiting the game and starting again. Any ideas? I really don't want the bleepety bleeping Zzzz's in my story!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 12:35 AM
Perhaps my hack (that prevents any operation involving the "zzz") prevents the game from stopping a ZZzzz effect already started.

Delete my hack from the Downloads, start the game, order your sim to sleep and then wake him up; the Zzzz should go away.
When done, you can copy again my hack in the Downloads.

Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 1:30 AM
Wow!! Amazing! This helps a lot for make histories, and I really hate that little zZzZ... they're very pathetic... xD--- very thank you! YOU'RE A MASTER!
Theorist
#45 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 7:19 AM
awesome!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:53 AM
INFO: Tested with Bon Voyage: it work fine.
In some cases the "ZZzz" effect is still visible on some recliners, but this is not a compatibility issue: it's just that I'm too lazy -

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 8:47 PM
Thank you for testing this with Bon Voyage as it was very useful.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 12:57 PM
Default Thread Update!
07 OCT 2007 - UPDATE:
  • Removed the "zzZZ" from Recliners and Coffins.
  • Tested with Bon Voyage: the "zzZZ" is removed from tents and hammocks, too.

If you notice some other "zzZZ", tell me and I'll chase and destroy them

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#49 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
If you notice some other "zzZZ", tell me and I'll chase and destroy them

Yes please, can you get rid of Peter's very loud "zzZZ" for me so I can get a good night's sleep?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 6:40 PM
ROFL!!! Looking at your avatar, I think that the old lady surely would come up with a suitable pill to put in his tea... -

Page 2 of 5