Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:12 PM
Hidden Springs announced - awesome!
Announced today on the Sims 3 UK Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-s...150328691306742

DISCOVER THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH IN A NEW DOWNLOADABLE WORLD WITH THE SIMS™ 3 HIDDEN SPRINGS

Exclusive Digital-Download World Available August 25 For The Sims 3 On PC/MAC

Stay forever young with The Sims™ 3 Hidden Springs. Discover a new digital downloadable World available this fall exclusively at The Sims 3 Store using SimPoints. Featuring all-new locations, items, Sims, and a little magic, The Sims 3 Hidden Springs invites anyone to uncover the mysteries of the newest world.

With a whole new World to inhabit, your Sims will spend time exploring a stunning lakefront, relaxing at a luxury spa or ski lodge, escaping into the woods, and uncovering ancient mysteries at the Museum of Magic and Supernatural all without leaving Hidden Springs. If you’re interested in meeting new Sims, take them to the Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge and mingle with the social elites. If your Sims need to relax then experience true balance and well-being as you watch them bask in the ambiance of the Crystal Solarium Rejuvenating Waters. Once they’re done revitalizing in the healing waters, take your imagination to another dimension of fun by brining your Sim to Fairyfolk Park. Or, take your Sim over to the Silver Zephyr Health Spa to help them acquire world renowned techniques in the fields of health and beauty. In addition to these exciting new locations and activities, a deeper mystery lies within the curious magical properties of Hidden Springs. Discover what mystery is beneath the rejuvenating waters and maybe your Sims wishes just might come true!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm actually excited about this! Sounds goooooood.

EDIT: Also, take a look at these pics they've just posted up from it - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...07959953&type=1
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:22 PM
You know, after Barnacle Bay, which had no fish spawners in the fishing spots, and really uninspired houses (not that EA houses are ever any good), I'm not sure how interested I'll be in any new hoods they come out with.
They have lots of fun sounding ideas there, but outside of using the new items they are touting, will Sims actually be able to live regular lives in this town? Will there be spawners? Will every citizen be a 5 star celebrity from the start? Will there be enough lot spaces to add venues from the eps (which aren't normally included in new towns that aren't part of the ep)?
I'd need answers to those questions before I'd even consider buying another EA made town.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:23 PM
More rabbit holes, yay? Doesn't a ski lodge require snow? Or maybe they just disappear into the rabbit hole and we get a little pop-up saying how much fun they had skiing...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:26 PM
Yeah I got excited about the ski lodge bit, but the pictures don't give much away. I'm hoping there is an element of actual... skiing to this ski lodge, otherwise I'll be very disappointed. I'm curious to know more about the magic element of it as well. Also, much it is going to cost me!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:48 PM
The new building looks like rabbit hole, not interested.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PureFilth
Yeah I got excited about the ski lodge bit, but the pictures don't give much away. I'm hoping there is an element of actual... skiing to this ski lodge, otherwise I'll be very disappointed. I'm curious to know more about the magic element of it as well. Also, much it is going to cost me!

Most likely it's just a "Hangout" or something. I doubt they will bring new functionality like skiing via a new world. But I could always be wrong.

Maybe all this ski talk is a hint on what we will getting when/if we finally get weather. One can always hope.
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:52 PM

it looks like shit.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:58 PM
It doesn't look too bad.. But I'm curious about the ski lodge, too.

Well, EA gave us some sort of magic via the store, I just really hope they don't do the same with weather. Or I really will be pissed. (I don't really see the point in the store)
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:09 PM
This article has a picture of the magic fountain.

I like the new rabbithole and a few pieces of new clothing.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:09 PM
Green sims attending the garden? Is this some sort of cheat at making plant sims?

Go suck an elf...
Forum Resident
#11 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Green sims attending the garden? Is this some sort of cheat at making plant sims?

Green sims are already in game .

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:38 PM
Here's a Q&A. There isn't a lot of info, but it states that the possible price will be 2000 SimPoints.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:42 PM
I think the reason I'm maybe more excited about this than other players is because I'm very lazy when it comes to worlds and cannot even begin to comprehend CAW. So when they offer me a new world with a new look to it, I'm happy to take it!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:44 PM
From what little I've seen, it doesn't look like there's much room for expansion. That's a shame. And I don't know about possibly shelling out 20 bucks when Pets is right around the corner.....

Sims 3 Midnight Island Challenge: http://maekitten.blogspot.com/
Forum Resident
#15 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:09 PM
The spa rabbithole looks very nice. I also like the different elevation levels in the world design. Very clever. Other than that, there is going to have to be something really amazing about this world for people to shell out around 20 bucks. Pets is probably EA's biggest draw right now, with it being launched on several platforms. I'm pretty sure people are saving it up for that.

Quote: Originally posted by kittenette069
And I don't know about possibly shelling out 20 bucks when Pets is right around the corner.....

lol ditto
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:09 PM
I like the layout of it but it's kinda lazy of EA to recycle most of the same rabbitholes from the base game and the families look pretty lackluster.
Alchemist
#17 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PureFilth
I think the reason I'm maybe more excited about this than other players is because I'm very lazy when it comes to worlds and cannot even begin to comprehend CAW. So when they offer me a new world with a new look to it, I'm happy to take it!

I'm in the same boat, pretty much. I don't have the patience to make my own world from scratch, I like having premade worlds that I can just install and play.
But with Barnacle Bay, I had to spend hours working on it to make it usable, finding places to add venues. The edit world tool is great, but the lot placement is very finicky. In BB I tried bulldozing some large community lots so I could put in smaller one, only to find that it wouldn't allow me to place smaller lots in the empty space the larger lot used to occupy.
And I had to go in and add fish spawners to the fishing spot lots, and add plant and seed spawners.

If someone had tried to submit Barnacle Bay as a player made world, it would be mocked as a failure for not having basic things like spawners that every good world creator makes sure to put in. So, I'm wary of spending money on a new EA town after the Barnacle Bay fiasco, and I'm grateful for creators who make better worlds for free (Plugs kiwi_tea's Riverblossom Hills her, there's a great world)

I was also intrigued by the green-skinned Sims possibly being plant sims. I doubt EA would add a new supernatural to a world download. But since the main appeal of their new worlds is the new items in them, a new supernatural would get more buyers like me, who are wary of the world itself, but might be interested in the new features that could be used in better made worlds.
If they are just regular Sims with green skin (which already exist as a possibility, but which EA has not yet used for its premades), then kiwi_tea already beat them to it in RH.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it'll require World Adventures because it said something about adventuring.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:47 PM
I actually think it's really pretty.
Though for 2000 simpoints I'm not sure I'll be shelling out for it. But the magic water stuff does sound quite interesting.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Instructor
#20 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:51 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure those sims are green just for the heck of it. I think people are reading too much into that.

I like the look of the buildings, and the scenery is pretty, but it's gonna take more than that to get me to buy it. I wish I could make my own slanted windows and curved walls.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Typical
#21 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:52 PM
Going from the pictures I've seen... 'Hidden springs' looks very susceptible to flooding, or, atleast, it would be if it was real, and not another shitty 'world' by EA.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:05 PM
i'll buy it simply because i cant build. i'm positive the water isnt swimable, and the springs are just swiming pools i'm holding out hope for a true vacation EP and a true Seasons ep.
#23 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:10 PM
This digital download thing worries me ...
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:12 PM
I think it looks nice! I might get this for my kids. I think they would love it. I never play EA worlds but this looks interesting and I like the landscaping.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:41 PM
Not gonna buy. The worlds you can download for free are much more creative.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Page 1 of 13