Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

WonderfulWhims

by TURBODRIVER Posted 3rd Oct 2020 at 9:25 PM - Updated 16th Apr 2024 at 8:34 PM by TURBODRIVER : Compatible with 1.105.345 + Released v51

675 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 503 Feedback Posts, 171 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 28
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 11:17 AM Last edited by Futaba_tian : 4th Oct 2020 at 12:02 PM.
Chu~

I would like to ask for some help regarding mod compatibility. I currently have Slice of Life, WooHoo Wellness And Pregnancy, MCCC, LittleMsSam’s Miscarriage and Abortion, Open Love Life and No Strings Attached, A Road To Romance, Chemistry System, Cute Romance and Passionate Romance, Personality Please and Radiohpobe’s Zodiac Signs. Now I would like to install MC WooHoo and your Wonderful Whims. Will all of these work together or should I delete something? I’m particularly concerned about Chemistry System as it also controls sims’ attractions (you can see this mod here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/41417404) and Zodiac Signs.

Also, do I need to delete Personality module from Slice of Life? Or does it work well with personalities in Wonderful Whims?

P.S. I also have 100 Base Game Traits Bundle by Vicky Sims (chingyu1023).
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Futaba_tian
Chu~

I would like to ask for some help regarding mod compatibility. I currently have Slice of Life, WooHoo Wellness And Pregnancy, MCCC, LittleMsSam’s Miscarriage and Abortion, Open Love Life and No Strings Attached, A Road To Romance, Chemistry System, Cute Romance and Passionate Romance, Personality Please and Radiohpobe’s Zodiac Signs. Now I would like to install MC WooHoo and your Wonderful Whims. Will all of these work together or should I delete something? I’m particularly concerned about Chemistry System as it also controls sims’ attractions (you can see this mod here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/41417404) and Zodiac Signs.

It should work, but it might be very disorienting as to which feature comes from which mod and having this many "overlaping" mods is asking for trouble.
Test Subject
#28 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:22 PM Last edited by Futaba_tian : 4th Oct 2020 at 1:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Husk
It should work, but it might be very disorienting as to which feature comes from which mod and having this many "overlaping" mods is asking for trouble.

Yes, I see this problem here too This is one of the reasons why I decided to check everything before adding any new mods. Currently, my game is working well, so I'm afraid of breaking something.

As far as I can see, there can be the following conflicts:

1) Slice of Life - SOL Pregnancy System, SOL Personality System and SOL Menstrual Cycle. Wonderful Whims must have all three of these too. But I should be able to delete the 3 features from SOL without issues, right? I think I saw a message above that somebody tested SOL with WW, and both worked fine together.

2) Chemistry System - it might conflict with Impressions / Personalities. CS adds preferred traits and skills, which the player can either choose on their own or automate. I honestly have no idea whether it is compatible with WW or not. I have the same concern about Zodiac Signs because they also bring a new attraction system where one sign might like or dislike another.

3) WooHoo Wellness And Pregnancy - this one is not that problematic at all because Lumpinou worked together with Turbo last week to make their mods work together. But there is currently an issue according to the message on Lumpinou's patreon: "my protections are not recognized by his system right now".

4) LittleMsSam’s Miscarriage and Abortion - I know that WooHoo Wellness And Pregnancy works with this one really well because the authors adjusted them to each other. But not sure how it would go with WW as it also has "miscarriage from abusing substances" feature.

5) Open Love Life and No Strings Attached - as far as I can see, WW has "Ability to have multiple romantic non-committed and committed partners with the ‘Open Relationships’ setting". While it is just a setting, I think I can turn it off and continue using the two mods above, right?

6) A Road To Romance, Cute Romance and Passionate Romance - I don't think these ones will be an issue because they are mostly about extra interactions and animations. But, once again, I'm not sure. Passionate Romance, for example, adds one new skill to determine how good you are at any romantic interactions, which includes WooHoo (partially).

7) Personality Please - should not cause any conflicts, as far as I can see. But I do have Restricted Romance module from it too. It works with MC Woohoo, but no idea how WW can react to it.

8) MCCC and MC WooHoo - should be normal, judging by the descriptions.

9) 100 Base Game Traits Bundle - nothing should break the game here, but I wonder if WW recognizes them while selecting the personality type and attractions?

I want to make my Sims' love life as rich as possible, and each mod brings something interesting on its own, but I don't know which ones I can or should delete to add Wonderful Whims - and I really want to use this mod because it has lots of awesome features.

I don't mind removing modules from SOL, for example, but getting rid of zodiac signs would be sad. I also don't mind removing Chemistry System, even though it is more diverse than in WW - WW's attractiveness and impressions should be still enough for a realistic gameplay. Speaking of Open Love Life and Personality Please, both will be quite a loss if I have to get rid of them, and the same goes for 100 Base Game Traits Bundle (it adds A LOT of great character traits).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:32 PM
Anything that gives our sims more personality likes and dislikes is always good. Thank you :)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
Hey, if you have a tumblr page or anything like it and publish your work there, let me know, I will gladly link people to it.

Hello again! And I'm sorry for changing the translation file again, but I encountered some problems during the game and fixed them as much as possible. I hope this time it's all right. I have a tumblr where I usually post some houses and sims without CC but it is quite casual. In fact, if it's not a problem, I would like you to use the nickname Ayrthwil for credits, which is what I normally use for translations!

Translation: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2085024/
My tumblr: https://ayrthwil.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 1:23 PM
Chu~

Also, do I need to delete Personality module from Slice of Life? Or does it work well with personalities in Wonderful Whims?

Well, in relation to the slice of life, the only thing I would really recommend to take out is the menstrual period part as it gets completely confusing. The personalities part to leave, since the SOL version deals more with hobbies and activities that the sim likes to do and ends up being a complement to the personality system of this mod.

It worked well with the littlemssam abortion mod and didn't cause any problems.

I played for a few hours and until then no mod I used gave any LE or problem, I think the only redundant thing would be the menstrual system.
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 2:12 PM Last edited by Futaba_tian : 4th Oct 2020 at 5:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mandinha95_4
Well, in relation to the slice of life, the only thing I would really recommend to take out is the menstrual period part as it gets completely confusing. The personalities part to leave, since the SOL version deals more with hobbies and activities that the sim likes to do and ends up being a complement to the personality system of this mod.

It worked well with the littlemssam abortion mod and didn't cause any problems.

I played for a few hours and until then no mod I used gave any LE or problem, I think the only redundant thing would be the menstrual system.

Oh, thank you! I'm really happy to see that I don't need to delete Personalities.

I've got one more question: which version of SOL are you using? I have read a lot of messages on Stacie's website that the latest update of her mod caused a lot of issues - sims spend all the time in front of the mirror, there are empty speech bubbles for all items when you click them, rabbit holes are also not working. Is it true for you?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 3:38 PM
OMG yes! Finallllyyyyyy.
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 5:12 PM
Oh it's coming

Yeeeeesssssssss
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 5:27 PM
Oh, thank you! I'm really happy to see that I don't need to delete Personalities.

I've got one more question: which version of SOL are you using? I have read a lot of messages on Stacie's website that the latest update of her mod caused a lot of issues - sims spend all the time in front of the mirror, there are empty speech bubbles for all items when you click them, rabbit holes are also not working. Is it true for you?

I am using version 4.6.3 of SOL and I have not had any problems. The only thing that doesn't work well in this version are the event invitations that just don't show up.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#36 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 8:30 PM
Yaaaaaay!!!!
Thank you!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 10:51 PM
Loving this mod! My sim is already pregnant with an "oops baby". It's great.

I had a question about the attraction system. Do sims automatically get preferences applied, or will I need to periodically run the attraction-preference-function thingy?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 11:42 PM
I am so excited this mod is now out!!! I'm having some issue with the compatibility with Lumpinou's mod. My sims have woohoo'd twice; the first time it said the mail sim had used a condome and showed that they were using protection (moodlet from your mod and hers), but the second time it, again, popped up and said he'd used protection, but the moodlets were not there and I got a pop up from her mod came up saying no protection was used and I got the "flying without a parachute) moodlet, and now my female sim is pregnant. Any idea what would cause this to happen?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 1:02 AM
I love this mod, thank you so much for making it! I wanted to use the attraction system in WW for so long, but the mod made me blush too much. lol. Only things I took out of my huge moded up game were the SOL Menstrual Cycle folder and WooHooWellnessPregnancyP1_RiskAndProtection/WooHooWellnessPregnancpt1_RiskAndProtection_Objects packages. I haven't had any LEs and I played for a quite a few hours last night and about to start up the game again now. Thank you!

Also, @Sweetgirl612 I don't think the birth control from lumpinou's mod is recognized by this one, so I'm pretty sure you need to remove that part from Woohoo Wellness right now. Maybe it will be made compatible later, but I'm not a patreon, so I can't read their post about it... If you are, go ahead and check it out: https://www.patreon.com/lumpinou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 1:02 AM
Oh my gods, thank you so much. I'd been using the original WW but with the streamer mode/censorship package, but now I can get rid of that and use this! Thank you so much!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 1:22 AM
I have wickedwhims in my game. Is this mod compatible with the wickedwhims?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 2:26 AM
Thank you so very much! I have been using the original WW for a long time, LOVE the attraction system, the archetypes, the pregnancy/menstrual/birth control options, but didn't really use the whole animations features all that much anymore, but it felt stupid to take them out. This is a lot lighter and just great!
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 2:31 AM
Oh it's coming

:lovestruc YAY!!!!!

Assume this would be like the "teasing" interactions? Oh YES PLEASE!

You rock!
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 3:03 AM
What about Persea's Realistic Life & Pregnancy Mod? Will it be compatible?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Bobbo662 : 5th Oct 2020 at 4:27 AM.
Hi - I am having a Fatal Error message when I load my family. I have Wicked Whims mod (both script/package in one file folder) and when I install Wonderful Whims file folder with (script/package) - I load my game and click on my family to play and I get a Fatal Message that it can not find my Wicked Whims TurboDriver WickedWhims.scripts file is missing - which is not missing. I did not delete it or move it out of my mods folder. I do have SOL and I took out the menstrual file folder to use yours. So I don't know why I'm getting a Fatal Error. Hopefully you can help me out. Thank you.

Addon: Does WonderfulWhims conflict with WickedWhims?

Update: So what I did was took all my mods out of the mods folder except Wicked & Wonderful. Loaded a new game, got the fatal error couldn't find the wickedwhims script file (said it was missing, but it wasn't). So I closed out the game - took the WickedWhims completely out of it's subfolder that was always there, and just placed it in my mods EA/TS4/Mods/WickedWhims (script & package) files (no folder) and it worked no fatal error. Sorry for the mass confusion but I wanted to use WondefulWhims it seems to be blast - thank you for reading this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 5:33 AM
i was confused about this mod being on this website but realized its a non-adult version i like it
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 5:58 AM
I've been asking for years for WickedWhims to become modular, and you always told me, and other people who asked you, a big fat no.

Since you've figured out how to separate the sex from all the additional features, I hope you're considering making a version of WW that JUST has the sex animations, and none of the other stuff.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danburite2
I've been asking for years for WickedWhims to become modular, and you always told me, and other people who asked you, a big fat no.

Since you've figured out how to separate the sex from all the additional features, I hope you're considering making a version of WW that JUST has the sex animations, and none of the other stuff.

I don't think it was ever about figuring out how; I think it is the emense amount of effort that would go into maintaining different versions. Turbodriver has done an amazing job of getting stable updates out quickly after every mod- breaking pack, and with how interconnected the systems are and how much they play off of each other, every "module" would likely become more complex in order to "talk to" the other modules, or we would lose some functionality. I've wished for this too, but I think it's important to be respectful and appreciative of the insane amount of work some of our favorite modders do to keep this game interesting for us and to be careful that our wishes and "whims" never cross over into expectations or demands since most of us don't know enough about the many skills and process that go into a complex mod to understand why creators make the decisions they do (because if we did, we'd probably be making the mods we want ourselves! Lol) I once tried to open the package file to see if I could tinker with taking a part out or separating it; took one look at all the lines of code and said NOOOPE! I hope this doesn't come across as rude; I just thought I'd share my perspective along with a reminder that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bobbo662
Hi - I am having a Fatal Error message when I load my family. I have Wicked Whims mod (both script/package in one file folder) and when I install Wonderful Whims file folder with (script/package) - I load my game and click on my family to play and I get a Fatal Message that it can not find my Wicked Whims TurboDriver WickedWhims.scripts file is missing - which is not missing. I did not delete it or move it out of my mods folder. I do have SOL and I took out the menstrual file folder to use yours. So I don't know why I'm getting a Fatal Error. Hopefully you can help me out. Thank you.

Addon: Does WonderfulWhims conflict with WickedWhims?

Update: So what I did was took all my mods out of the mods folder except Wicked & Wonderful. Loaded a new game, got the fatal error couldn't find the wickedwhims script file (said it was missing, but it wasn't). So I closed out the game - took the WickedWhims completely out of it's subfolder that was always there, and just placed it in my mods EA/TS4/Mods/WickedWhims (script & package) files (no folder) and it worked no fatal error. Sorry for the mass confusion but I wanted to use WondefulWhims it seems to be blast - thank you for reading this.

Wicked contains the majority of this mod plus more adult content, so I'm sure they rely on a lot of the same resources and would majorly clash in the game, like two roommates who were way too much alike trying to share the same dorm room. I'm pretty sure it's an either/or situation. I think of them more as "versions" than different mods. Hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetgirl612
I am so excited this mod is now out!!! I'm having some issue with the compatibility with Lumpinou's mod. My sims have woohoo'd twice; the first time it said the mail sim had used a condome and showed that they were using protection (moodlet from your mod and hers), but the second time it, again, popped up and said he'd used protection, but the moodlets were not there and I got a pop up from her mod came up saying no protection was used and I got the "flying without a parachute) moodlet, and now my female sim is pregnant. Any idea what would cause this to happen?
Although I've worked with Lumpinou on compatibility features, things are still shaky and need some more work. I can't say much right now, but things should get better.
Page 2 of 28