Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Normal looking NL Vampire

by .::TSN::. Posted 25th Sep 2005 at 2:05 AM - Updated 21st Oct 2005 at 6:20 PM by .::TSN::.

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 9:45 AM
is it possible just to have it so that there are no red eyes, other than that i'm happy with the vampires.........
ta
Field Researcher
#27 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 9:56 AM
AAAW! I LOVE YOU! :bow:
I'm not really interested in making vampires, but I hated the blue color they get. I wanted to make a vampire skin when I noticed that every skintone you use will always be blue.. buaha!
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 12:19 PM
******REQUEST*******

Could you please make one that is normal MAXIS vamp skin with no red eye pls???!!! That would be awesome!! Great work tho!

:howdy:

"My mind doesn't just wonder.......sometimes it leaves completely......."
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 1:35 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyou :D

my homepage: L I V I N G - D o l l

You can find more creations at Simchic.com
Inventor
#30 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:07 PM Last edited by Greenlea : 25th Sep 2005 at 4:16 PM.
I'm loading up my game now to test out my own adjustments. All I did was use TSN's package and exported the alpha channels and edit them to see if I could come up with something I like. It'll probably look like crap but I'm going to see lol I added the red eyes back but I may edit those as well and replace them wth better looking red colored eyes.

EDIT: Well I'm going to have to edit it some more lol She isnt pale enough for me.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:11 PM
Vampires don't just need a makeover -- they need a major hack.

I don't mind that vampires are pale (and I can even live with the red eyes and rough days), but the bad horror movie effects shouldn't be autonomous. And I hate that pose they all take on in the interface portrait. :insane:

My vampires are nice, ordinary people who happen want to fly around, wear gothic clothes and live forever in a creepy house. Is that so much to ask? :skull:
Inventor
#32 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Greenlea : 25th Sep 2005 at 4:44 PM.
If you change their appearance at times they'll get a normal interface portrait. I got one once. But I like the freaky ones so I changed it again until it came back lol

Here's some shots of my efforts (I'll just post links so as not to upset the thread lol) This is my first modding attempt in a long time so I know it's rather pitiful. I want them be a bit more pale than they are in these photos)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/vampshot1.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...2e_b042b086.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...2e_d042b097.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...2e_b042b0d6.jpg

As a reference here's a photo of Moravia before (in bodyshop) so it is a bit of a difference but I guess I want them to look a little more dead lol cause the result isn't as obvious on Gage who I bit just to see how significant the difference is on lighter skintones.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b...ers/moravia.jpg

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:50 PM
Cool!! I had thought about doing this myself because I hate the blueness.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:21 PM
I uploaded paler skin. It does look more grey, but I prefer not put any color shade on it since I also want to make alien vampires..
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:26 PM
Are they default?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:31 PM
They replace default vampire skin.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:33 PM
Are they default?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:33 PM
Thanks for the paler skin w/ the red eyes, TSN! I really appreciate it! *bows before TSN* The pale/grey look is perfect.

"You party hard, you play hard and that's what we do. We put a lot into it
and we enjoy the good stuff, hate the bad stuff and that's part of it." - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Inventor
#39 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:44 PM
I've noticed your package size is very small, any idea why mine ends up 11 MB?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:59 PM Last edited by .::TSN::. : 25th Sep 2005 at 6:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
I've noticed your package size is very small, any idea why mine ends up 11 MB?

I wondered same myself, but doesnt it still unpack properly? Maybe WinRAR compresses them better..
Inventor
#41 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 6:02 PM Last edited by Greenlea : 25th Sep 2005 at 6:11 PM.
I just don't know why mine is so large, all I've done was edit the alpha file. lol I'm on dial-up so if I ever decided to upload something it would take a year lol

n/m lol I hadn't tried compressing it yet I used WinRAR and it took it down to 200kb

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 6:06 PM
a thousand thanks.

WOW. I wish reality was this real.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 6:26 PM
Default blue skin without red eyes added..
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 7:41 PM
Excellent!
At last I can make "realistic" Spike for my Sunnydale (and for Buffy, of course...) :baloons:

I can hurt a demon!! That's right. I'm back. And I'm a BLOODY ANIMAL!

Spike in Doomed
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 8:12 PM
heres my test on the adult female overlay bug.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8...5/skinerror.jpg
i marked all the overlays with the age/gender code on them.
as you can see, elder male is mapped to both elder male and adult female.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 8:15 PM Last edited by toriamos : 25th Sep 2005 at 8:24 PM.
http://tinypic.com/dzbabs.jpg
Thank you. You made my vampire look great, with a little help from gigge's blush, lyran's contacts and a little Maxis eyeliner he's perfect. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 8:24 PM
This is awesome thank you.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 10:51 PM Last edited by Stimy : 25th Sep 2005 at 10:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chinhan
Wow!! Pallid face skin is same more vampire.
Thanks to you game joyfully play.

Could someone please tell me why when I click BlueNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAWFBJY4. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click vampirePaleRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAS9QV4P. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click vampirePaleNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CABCT7JO. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click VampireDefaultNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAQ0XBZ2. file.

Note that the extension is missing and the file name is all wrong.
What's up with that?

MATY is the most childish and the most hostile site I've ever come in contact with.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stimy
Could someone please tell me why when I click BlueNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAWFBJY4. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click vampirePaleRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAS9QV4P. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click vampirePaleNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CABCT7JO. file.

Could someone please tell me why when I click VampireDefaultNoRedEye.zip it starts to download a CAQ0XBZ2. file.

Note that the extension is missing and the file name is all wrong.
What's up with that?

I'm getting the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?

~ Syn
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#50 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 11:31 PM
Happens to me too.
Page 2 of 10