Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Eating and Drinking

by cyclelegs Posted 15th Dec 2017 at 7:48 PM - Updated 19th Jul 2023 at 1:58 PM by cyclelegs : Text Only - No File Update - 19Jul2023

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 8:59 PM
Please provide fix... Thanks
Test Subject
#77 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eclipse538
If anyone notices the Mod is broken, it kind of is AFAIK when it comes to coding currently within this mod.

there is a bit in the mod package, you can find it if you use sims 4 studio, its the Lower limit and upper limit regarding time taking to eat. effectively the juice in the mod. as it is the settings are 0 and 1 relatively. if you change these to 1 and any number 2-10 you can basically dictate how long it takes per bite from what i can tell.

changing this allows to fix the mod, 0 means stop from what i can tell in this situation, in others regarding time, it can mean NO WAITING, but here it allows the sim to never START as well.

reply to this if you want me to provide the fix on here. enough replies and ill do it, im just busy.

I'll be very grateful if you can provide a fix too
Test Subject
#78 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 6:37 PM
If anyone notices the Mod is broken, it kind of is AFAIK when it comes to coding currently within this mod.

there is a bit in the mod package, you can find it if you use sims 4 studio, its the Lower limit and upper limit regarding time taking to eat. effectively the juice in the mod. as it is the settings are 0 and 1 relatively. if you change these to 1 and any number 2-10 you can basically dictate how long it takes per bite from what i can tell.

changing this allows to fix the mod, 0 means stop from what i can tell in this situation, in others regarding time, it can mean NO WAITING, but here it allows the sim to never START as well.

reply to this if you want me to provide the fix on here. enough replies and ill do it, im just busy.

I too would like more clarification on these values
Test Subject
#79 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 11:32 PM
If you could just point me to the section that defines these parameters, I would be happy to update it so we can use it again. Thanks.
Test Subject
#80 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 12:18 AM
Default Update for Strangerville

I really hope you update this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 12:49 AM
Thank you for updating!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:51 AM
Thanks for the quick update!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 6:33 AM
My sims would get nothing done without this mod! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 2nd May 2019 at 1:36 PM
Thank you so much for updating this mod!!!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 4:12 AM
This doesn't seem to work for me, my sims just sit and do nothing in front of the food
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 1:08 AM
Wow! Thanks for the quick update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 10:45 AM
Thanks so much for making update! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:30 PM
Thank you for updating this mod so quickly! I was wondering if you'd be able to make an additional version of this mod that also makes sure sims eat at tables? There is this mod that hasn't been updated yet: http://modthesims.info/d/624598/sim...s-included.html -- I think these two things modify the same files, so just an idea! Thank you so much for making the mod and keeping it updated, slow eating sims are the worst!
Test Subject
#89 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MonicaChurch
This doesn't seem to work for me, my sims just sit and do nothing in front of the food

Same here. Seems to be broken.

My List of mods:
Simulation Lag Fix
Better Exceptions
MC Command Center
Wicked Whims
Fitness Controls
Meaningful Stories
Faster Eating & Drinking
Faster Showers & Baths
Less Musical Chairs & No Group Chat
Sims Have Some Personality Please
Test Subject
#90 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 4:35 PM
Is it just me or does this mod seem to not work as well with food bought from a vendor? Its works great with the exception of food from city living vendors it seems.
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a1chera
Same here. Seems to be broken.

My List of mods:
Simulation Lag Fix
Better Exceptions
MC Command Center
Wicked Whims
Fitness Controls
Meaningful Stories
Faster Eating & Drinking
Faster Showers & Baths
Less Musical Chairs & No Group Chat
Sims Have Some Personality Please

Hate to tell you I had the same problem and after I saw you had a simulation lag fix as well I realized my problems with this mod didn't start until I got the sim lag fix. I just removed it from my game to test if I was right, and I hate to say it appears the sim lag fix mod is what's messing with this mod and making it not work. I have my game time clock speed set to 80 with MC Command Center and with the sim lag mod my sim took over 2 sim hours to eat her meal, as soon as I took it out she ate her meal in just 30 sim minutes.
Top Secret Researcher
#92 Old 14th Aug 2019 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twilight684
Hate to tell you I had the same problem and after I saw you had a simulation lag fix as well I realized my problems with this mod didn't start until I got the sim lag fix. I just removed it from my game to test if I was right, and I hate to say it appears the sim lag fix mod is what's messing with this mod and making it not work. I have my game time clock speed set to 80 with MC Command Center and with the sim lag mod my sim took over 2 sim hours to eat her meal, as soon as I took it out she ate her meal in just 30 sim minutes.

The lag fix has been remade and updated by SrslySims on tumblr. You can find it on their patreon for free here.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 2:37 AM
Has anybody checked this with 1.55?
Test Subject
#94 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 9:28 AM
Not working for 1.55. Is it being updated any time soon?
Test Subject
#95 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 12:03 AM
Default ditto
Quote: Originally posted by Lillypilly111
Not working for 1.55. Is it being updated any time soon?

and for October's patch, too?
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 12:14 AM
Will this be updated?
Test Subject
#97 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 3:55 PM
I am trying to make my sims drinking coffee a longer active time. It sounds like to make this interaction faster you change the lock time upper and lower bound numbers. I figured if I changed them to a higher number, like 5 or 10, that the amount of sips taken would double or triple, but neither number produced any results in game; they still only take four sips. Is there something else in the code I need to change? Any help would be appreciated. I am doing this for personal use only. I think I am the only weirdo that wants longer drinking actions.
Test Subject
#98 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 10:37 PM
Will this mod be updated for the November 12th patch?
Test Subject
#99 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 7:46 PM
I don't think this needs an update. It still works as intended and without problems in my game as of version 1.58.63.1010.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 12:38 AM
I'm just stopping by, tested this mod on the recent update with all packs installed and seems to be working just fine!
Page 4 of 6