Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 6:22 PM
Default Is this possible to do?
Hello!
I have been working on custom MMD bodies,
(If you don´t know what I mean, look at the Grimreaper Mesh to see what I mean with "Custom Body").
I think I have problems with the facial bones on my character, the others work fine.
My questions is rather difficult as I´m writing this when I´m tired in the evening here in Sweden:
Does the edited MMD character bones really need to be exactly in the same place as the simrig?
An example on my mesh:
As my mesh is a MMD mesh, my character´s eyes is big compared to the usual simbody and simrig.
This means that the eyelid corners does not match up with the sims.
(Although, I have been successfully rigged the eyes for the character.)
Is it possible to rig the eyelids or should I just leave them be?
I have been thinking of this project since late spring, but cannot for my life figure it out if it´s doable?
I can provide some images later if you want.
So, what do you think?
Thank you in advanced (And really hope someone will answer...)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
Hello!
I have been working on custom MMD bodies,
(If you don´t know what I mean, look at the Grimreaper Mesh to see what I mean with "Custom Body").
I think I have problems with the facial bones on my character, the others work fine.
My questions is rather difficult as I´m writing this when I´m tired in the evening here in Sweden:
Does the edited MMD character bones really need to be exactly in the same place as the simrig?
An example on my mesh:
As my mesh is a MMD mesh, my character´s eyes is big compared to the usual simbody and simrig.
This means that the eyelid corners does not match up with the sims.
(Although, I have been successfully rigged the eyes for the character.)
Is it possible to rig the eyelids or should I just leave them be?
I have been thinking of this project since late spring, but cannot for my life figure it out if it´s doable?
I can provide some images later if you want.
So, what do you think?
Thank you in advanced (And really hope someone will answer...)

I am curious too, I think this is how Tutorial: How to make a default replacement! and I also think another person is attempting this too MMD conversion help please . Just curious about if you can add/subtract vertices and how sliders and slider creation would be affected in this whole process.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 4:14 AM
Sorry to double post, but not sure if I edit my previous reply if you will get a notification. It's in sims 4, but you may want to ask the creator of this mod any technical questions you may have on this subject. https://modthesims.info/d/638449/pr...-and-dress.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RibbonKitten
Sorry to double post, but not sure if I edit my previous reply if you will get a notification. It's in sims 4, but you may want to ask the creator of this mod any technical questions you may have on this subject. https://modthesims.info/d/638449/pr...-and-dress.html
Oh, thank you so much for helping me out and searching for clues! I really appreciate that! And also sorry if I´m not have been replying yet. I´m considering to ask the creator how they did that with the sims 4 mesh. The big problem is the eyes for my character to blink, but maybe I´m too overambitious.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kagamine Rin
Oh, thank you so much for helping me out and searching for clues! I really appreciate that! And also sorry if I´m not have been replying yet. I´m considering to ask the creator how they did that with the sims 4 mesh. The big problem is the eyes for my character to blink, but maybe I´m too overambitious.

No problem. I wish I could help more then this. It should be possible, in the video of that mod her mouth is animated but it's sims 4 so hopefully it can be done in 3.