Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#726 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 6:47 PM
I try not to have any sims have the same name as anyone else from the neighborhood just so it's easier when using boolprop, but I have quite a few 'Clementine's and 'Leo's in different towns. Also if a sim seems a certain nationality I tend to use the name generator to help find a good name for them - Remington Harris is French in my game so his youngest son is called Fracis Harris. I'm quite boring with last names, I either google some or use things like 'Williams' 'Smith' 'Taylor' or 'Reed'.

As someone said before about using books - I'm currently re-reading my favourite book 'Paper Towns' and I intend on naming the next female sim born in my game 'Margo' or 'Ruthie'. They're quite cute. I've already got a sim named 'Alaska' from 'Looking for Alaska' just because when she was a toddler she resembled what I imagined Alaska to look like (yes, I imagine book characters as sims )

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#727 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:07 PM
This is kind of obvious and a bit timely, but a good place to get name, especially names of a certain background, is to steal names from the Olympic site - http://www.sochi2014.com/en/athletes
Top Secret Researcher
#728 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 8:45 PM
I love the site nameberry.com! For last names I use http://names.mongabay.com/most_common_surnames.htm and just go through it with it's 5,000 surnames.

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#729 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 10:55 PM
I like to name the children of my sims after a certain theme, so that those who are siblings have something that connect them togheter with even after they grow up and move apart from eachother. And I only use one theme per family, and never use the same name more than once.

My favorite theme is for a family where the mother had the name Saga, so I decided to name her sons Tale and Story. Now there's another baby on the way which I will name Sonnet, regardless of gender. And if it'll be twins, the other one will be named Poem
Lab Assistant
#730 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 4:35 PM
Some of the names I use WAY to much include:
Sophie
Gwendolyn
Hannah
Isabelle
Rachel
Arthur

In the past few months, I've used these names:
Girls:
Ariel
Grace
Annika
Amanda
Jill
Aubrey

Boys:

Lucas
Julian
Arthur
Michel
Nathan
Alex
Jonas

Pets:
Leina
Darwin
Hannah
Arthur
Neville
Katie
Tristana

As for last names, I've mostly been playing with the descendants of my self-sim, but I've also created a Green family.
Test Subject
#731 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:24 AM
Some names I'm using and I really like are:

Boys:
Adam
Aethon
Apollo
Atlas
Aurelius
Gabriel
Ion
Linos
Marcus
Orpheus
Phaethon
Theseus

Girls:
Aethra
Alcyone
Electra
Ephyra
Galatea
Hebe
Helia
Io
Neaera
Rhea
Selefkia
Selene
Lab Assistant
#732 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 6:15 AM
First Names in Households I am currently playing(Female names):
Dana
Luce
Lilith
Haruna
Natasha
Marsha
Audrey
Ana
Tuesday
Elise
Jenna
Yuna
Shae

Male First Names In Households I am currently playing:

Kazuki
John
Daniel
Kaiden
Marduk
Eren
Dainn
Lab Assistant
#733 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:18 PM
I use a name randomiser website to name my Sims. It's fun and whatever name comes up first, I use, no matter how bizarre it may be. In my current hood, my Sims all have randomised names except for one family who I named the 'Kloss Family'. There is a Karlie Kloss (yes, there is a Karlie Kloss), a Kandice Kloss, Kody Kloss, Kevin Kloss (father) and Greta Kloss (mother). I liked the 'K' thing going on, until I realised it's a bit like the Kardashians which was not my aim at all. Cringe. (Note - Karlie Kloss' family all have names beginning with 'K' too, haha)

"Just Breathe"
Field Researcher
#734 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 7:35 PM Last edited by lella27 : 16th Mar 2014 at 8:33 PM.
(Terrano-)Worthington
Veronica "Ronnie" Worthington
Zina Worthington
Lark Worthington
Laeticia Worthington
Frances Declan Worthington IV
Jupiter Worthington (alien girl)

Vonderstein
Brock Vonderstein
Javor Vonderstein (got this from BehindTheName's name randomizer and really liked it)
Odessa Vonderstein

Rosemaling Subject

Durban Gerbitz
Delilah Gerbitz
Mad Poster
#735 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 5:39 PM
So, I have a couple with the surname: Mace. I was thinking Pepper for a daughter would good and it suits the surname: Pepper Mace, but I need a name for a second child if they ever have one, male and female, can anyone suggest anything?
Forum Resident
#736 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
So, I have a couple with the surname: Mace. I was thinking Pepper for a daughter would good and it suits the surname: Pepper Mace, but I need a name for a second child if they ever have one, male and female, can anyone suggest anything?

Girl:
  • Ginger
  • Cicely
  • Lavender
  • Anise
  • Saffron

Boy:
  • Sage
  • Dill
  • Basil
Mad Poster
#737 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Girl:
  • Ginger
  • Cicely
  • Lavender
  • Anise
  • Saffron

Boy:
  • Sage
  • Dill
  • Basil

Thanks! But, I'm kinda looking for names that go with the theme of Pepper Spray/Mace or so... Anyone?
Forum Resident
#738 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 9:00 PM
Thanks! But, I'm kinda looking for names that go with the theme of Pepper Spray/Mace or so... Anyone?
Ah, I was thinking "mace" as a spice for cooking. Pepper too. If we were doing weapons, I'd recommend "Lance". But for irritant defense/attack sprays, I really only know mace and pepper spray. I've heard of hornet and wasp spray being used, but those don't exactly roll off the tongue.
Field Researcher
#739 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 10:04 PM
In lots of families, the parents name their children after relatives, so we have:

Adie-Makayla London, who is named after her mother's parents, Aadyn and Makayla.

Philip and Ammy Dawn - Philip is named for his mother's maiden name (Philips), and Ammy is named after her aunt, Amber.

Eliya and Rory Turner, named after their mother's parents Elliot and Aurora.

Other families all have names beginning with the same letter, so:

Ashleigh, Amie, Addie and Alicia Heath

Buddy, Beau and Boo (and soon to be Bear, too) Centowski

Frankie, Finn, Freya, Forrest and Felicity Newson (Gallagher's children)

Gabe, Gideon, Geoff and Gavrielle "Gavi" Newson (Gavin's kids, carrying on the G theme)

Izzy, Indi and Isaac Heath

Josette, Jonah, Jacob, Jessica, Joshua and Jemimah Tomlin (and Jonah's two kids, Jefferson and Joy-Anna, carrying on the J theme).

Meredith, Marco, Maddox, Mason and Micha Hutchins

Sasha, Shane and Scott James

Savannah and Stephan Zaidi, and their two children: Shasta and Shaylee

Then there are the families which pick a letter for the next child's name based on a certain gap between the first letter of the last child's name and this one (works better in larger families), so we get things like:

Keziah Helen, Melekah Jo, Maisie Jayne, Otto Leib, Oscar Leo, Quinn Noak and Samantha Peace.

And then with the Ottomai, I carried on from the letter gaps already established, so we got: David, Sharla, Tommy, Iwan, Jamie, Yanek, Zillah, Nicky, Othaneil, Daisy and Emily.

Then there's the Beare's (Kevin and Tiffany), who named their children with Beare-like names: Arthur, Edward, Sunny, Rupert and Bernard.

Castor Nova's two sons by alien abduction are named after astronomers, so they're Nico (Nicolaus Copernicus) and Eddie (Edmund Hailey).

Then of course there are the kids who are named by big siblings, so it's their ideas which are reflected in the names - Ryanne Ruben was allowed to name her baby twin siblings, and so she gave it about thirty seconds thought before running out to play, and so consequently we get Chrissie (after her BFF and next door neighbour Chris Oates) and Wolfie (because she thought it sounded cool).

And last but least, there is the story of Holly Simpson, aka "the idiot", and her children. Her daughter is JJ, after her father Jay, even though JJ's paternity is supposed to be a secret (because Holly can't be expected to remember such things), and then her boys are Olay (Holly reckons it's long for Oliver, her husband), Hollister (Holly reckons it's long - and masculine - for Holly) and Taiff (Holly is a sextuplet, and she came up with Taiff's name by rearranging her siblings first initials). I'm so gunning for Holly to have another baby before she hits elder (preferably with Jay, with whom she's recently started up her affair again), just so she can call it Hmm - there are three older siblings in her family besides the sextuplets: Hope, Maddie and Mannie. It is so the kind of thing Holly would do.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#740 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 9:10 PM
If anyone needs a decent name generator, I have a link. It's my go-to tool when I need a name and constantly draw up blanks. It'll generate surnames to go with first names and vice-versa; really quite the handy tool!

http://www.namegenerator.biz/last-name-generator.php

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#741 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:08 PM
Grumpo Mark reminded me of my "Carr" family, but I can only remember their first names:
Chevy, Charger, Dorango, Bently, Dodge, Indi, Neilo, Alta, Mercedes, Diesel. And my favorite - Austin Tatious

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#742 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:33 PM
Can anyone help me find names (English/American/Latin) meaning pain, destruction/destroyer, damage, etc...? I have a couple with the surname Hurt. So I need something to go wit it. The wife is pregnant with twins, so, it could be same-sex twins or different-sex.
Instructor
#743 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:54 PM
Can anyone help me find names (English/American/Latin) meaning pain, destruction/destroyer, damage, etc...? I have a couple with the surname Hurt. So I need something to go wit it. The wife is pregnant with twins, so, it could be same-sex twins or different-sex.

How about Lotta & Mayda for starters!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Mad Poster
#744 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 8:03 PM
Mal = Bad, so that's a start. You won't find much in the actual names like that, as the overwhelming urge is to name your child something propitious.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#745 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 8:18 PM
Haha! True. Thank you guys! I found the perfect name for two twin boys: Gideon and Hermon, both partially mean causing destruction, causing damage. At least that's what I read, so, its all good! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#746 Old 8th May 2014 at 7:34 AM
It often depends on the type of Sim - fantasy Sims get unusual names for example. I've used French names, Welsh, Scottish and Irish names and for Italian or Spanish families obviously Italian or Spanish names. I've never used a name generator but have noted down names I like (and forget about them when I'm suddenly faced with the box to name a baby). For surnames I've just randomly chosen one from a phone book.
Field Researcher
#747 Old 8th May 2014 at 12:08 PM
I use a lot of baby name sites, especially if I'm looking for names from a particular nationality that I have no real idea about. I'm also often influenced by whatever TV show I'm watching at the time. Got a lot of pets named after various Simpsons...

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Test Subject
#748 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 1:05 PM
Similar to Jendra9311 I almost always use name generators for babies and created sims unless I already have a name ready for them. I find it so much easier.
Test Subject
#749 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 8:25 PM
I have a female named Apple Summer a male named Cody Andersson. Ya. My list is here, http://scribbless.com/lists/list/268376
Top Secret Researcher
#750 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 12:37 AM
My legacy families are:

Champignon (branched off into two, one of them has French names, the other English)
DeMarr (ex vampire, so more exotic names)
Lillard (started with Victor, the townie)
Page 30 of 33