Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Try for Baby in Larger Households

by claudiasharon Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 1:00 PM - Updated 20th Jul 2023 at 1:13 AM by claudiasharon : compatibility for 1.98-1.99

384 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 298 Feedback Posts, 85 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 16
Test Subject
#276 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivypoison255
Hi, I've been having a problem. When I go to save the game I get the infinite loading screen? I also get my sims deleted when I edit them in Cas, but I realized that I had to do that by Cheats. Is there anyway to fix this saving issue? It only started after I put in this mod.

HI, so, I've been having the problem of the game deleting my sims when I edit them in CAS, I wanted to know how did you do it by cheats?
Test Subject
#277 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 10:16 AM
Hi, the mod wotks really well, but how can I change the clothes of my sims without losing them? I tried editing with CAS but it only lets me change and the other sims are deleted. Is there any mod/cheat to edit all of them or one sim at a time?
Scholar
#278 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AstroPenguin12
Hi, the mod wotks really well, but how can I change the clothes of my sims without losing them? I tried editing with CAS but it only lets me change and the other sims are deleted. Is there any mod/cheat to edit all of them or one sim at a time?

You can use the walk in wardrobe to change one sim at a time.
Better though is to use MC Command Center. I described it a few pages back.
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
But what has this mod to do with what another mod do? If you fill the houshold with 16 sims can you then make try for babies? No, and that is the only funktion of this mod.

Edit:
Are you referring to MCC? You don't need this mod if you have MCC you know.

but i want this and mcc because their limit is too low for me
Scholar
#280 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vivibella
but i want this and mcc because their limit is too low for me

I don't understand your problem.
If you have MC you can set this to max 25:
MCCC > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size

That will do the same thing as this mod.

If you have a household with more than 8 sims you can edit each one in CAS without losing sims:
First set this by clicking a computer in game:
MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Enable Full Edit CAS
Then click a sim and select:
MCCC > Sim Commands > Edit in CAS
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 7:31 AM

If you have a household with more than 8 sims you can edit each one in CAS without losing sims:
MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Enable Full Edit CAS

I'm using my own edited version of this package for more sims but now i figured it how to make it work, and no, you were no help, sorry
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#282 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 1:50 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
#283 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 7:02 PM

Thank you for this!! I didn't know this was a thing and I was a little wary of downloading this mod since it hasn't been updated to 1.31/1.32

†<¤ℑ£§§¥¤>†
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 8:30 AM
Default Cas Problems
When i go with a sim to a dresser, and keep them selected, I still get to CAS with the whole household? I know what when you go to CAS with more than 8 sims, all sims other than 8 will get deleted, and I cannot seem to be able to find a way to go into CAS with just one sim. I have also tried MCCC, but I am not 100% sure if I have tried it the right way, but I am having a lot of trouble with it. Could someone help me?
Scholar
#285 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thenightfall2509
When i go with a sim to a dresser, and keep them selected, I still get to CAS with the whole household? I know what when you go to CAS with more than 8 sims, all sims other than 8 will get deleted, and I cannot seem to be able to find a way to go into CAS with just one sim. I have also tried MCCC, but I am not 100% sure if I have tried it the right way, but I am having a lot of trouble with it. Could someone help me?

You can use a walk-in wardrobe to edit just one.
MCCC is a better way though. In the next release, 3.8.0, that will soon be released to the public, it sences how many sims there are in the houshold and you only get the correct alternative:

Quote:
Changed the MCCC main menu so if the Sim that is clicked-on has > 8 Sims in their household, the menu will not show the “Modify Household in CAS” option at all since that would truncate the household size to 8 and delete extra Sims. Instead, the “Modify in CAS” option will show in the main menu for that Sim. The Sim Commands > Modify in CAS option is still in the same place as well in case people are used to following that route to get to that command.

Today you can use MCC > The Sim Commands > Modify in CAS to edit one sim at the time.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#286 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 2:03 PM
Mod works with 1.34!!! No update needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#287 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 6:46 PM
thankyou for this
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:10 PM
Hi, I hope this can work with pets too?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#289 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:06 AM
Mod works with 1.36!!! No update needed!
Test Subject
#290 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:39 AM
It will crash if you try to save with 8+ sims in your household.
Scholar
#291 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mathews
It will crash if you try to save with 8+ sims in your household.

This is not correct, why are you posting this? On what basis? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? If someone reports that it is working and not crashing, where are you basing your information on. I would think the above poster has already saved their game and is reporting what happened to them?
Test Subject
#292 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
This is not correct, why are you posting this? On what basis? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? If someone reports that it is working and not crashing, where are you basing your information on. I would think the above poster has already saved their game and is reporting what happened to them?

Please calm down. I have been using this mod(and some others) for a very long time without any issue. Just posting it here to let the author know because the recent EA patch broke the mod, its just a feedback. I'm sorry if you took it in a wrong way.

Inside the game, everything will just seem fine, but as soon as you try to save, it will cause a crash.
Scholar
#293 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:09 AM Last edited by Morphar : 13th Nov 2017 at 10:49 AM.
Please calm down. I have been using this mod(and some others) for a very long time without any issue. Just posting it here to let the author know because the recent EA patch broke the mod, its just a feedback. I'm sorry if you took it in a wrong way.

Inside the game, everything will just seem fine, but as soon as you try to save, it will cause a crash.

This mod only change the value of a parameter that is checked by the game only when you do a "Try for baby". It is just a value that is changed. I doubt the game check that value when saving.
At present I am not using this mod but MC that have the same function.

Edit.

It is really a save problem:

Wrtten by Deaderpool:
Quote:
This is a problem with the core game trying to handle the large household size. The only connection to MCCC is that MCCC allows you to set a large household size, but it is not the cause of the error. This generates a LastCrash.txt file. Those are generated in the C++ so an error is happening in EA's Sims 4 C++ code and causing the crash and it's related to the large household sizes you're using.

Back to TS3 then until EA start changing that too.
Test Subject
#294 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:31 AM
@Morphar
Even with MCCC, the game is still crashing when you go to save with a 8+ sims household. Deaderpool confirmed it on discord.
Scholar
#295 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 10:52 AM Last edited by Morphar : 13th Nov 2017 at 11:07 AM.
@Morphar
Even with MCCC, the game is still crashing when you go to save with a 8+ sims household. Deaderpool confirmed it on discord.

I saw that and edited my post. But this mod still works. You need to move sims out before you save though.

Edit:
Checked my game again. I have 12 sim in my houshold and no craches when saving.
That special household was created by moving sims in by the sim_move command in MC. Maybe that can be a work around.
Try moving more than 8 sims to a household and then save.
Test Subject
#296 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:04 AM
I don't think that's how the mod was intended to be used?

Before the november patch, when I was using this mod for larger household, it always saved just fine. Now it won't.

Edit- nvm. I see what you meant.
Test Subject
#297 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:14 AM Last edited by mathews : 13th Nov 2017 at 11:36 AM.
Checked my game again. I have 12 sim in my houshold and no craches when saving.
That special household was created by moving sims in by the sim_move command in MC. Maybe that can be a work around.
Try moving more than 8 sims to a household and then save.

Cool. Thanks for the tips.
With the workaround you mentioned, do you think that the game will crash if the household size increases after playing for a while?
Scholar
#298 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:01 PM
Cool. Thanks for the tips.
With the workaround you mentioned, do you think that the game will crash if the household size increases after playing for a while?

I have kids in the owen in that houshold so I have to wait and see the result.
Can it be a Pets problem? I don't have Pets, just the update. Do you have D&C?
Test Subject
#299 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:10 PM
I have kids in the owen in that houshold so I have to wait and see the result.
Can it be a Pets problem? I don't have Pets, just the update. Do you have D&C?

Yeah I just saw that on discord. I have pets EP, but right now my game isn't saving and I'm struggling to find a workaround, so I haven't even gotten to that part yet(no pets in my household, haven't created or saw a pet in my world yet).

Anyways, if you can filter posts by "from @deaderpool", "mention @devil", then you can see that he has provided what's going wrong in the game.
Scholar
#300 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:42 PM Last edited by Morphar : 13th Nov 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Yeah I just saw that on discord. I have pets EP, but right now my game isn't saving and I'm struggling to find a workaround, so I haven't even gotten to that part yet(no pets in my household, haven't created or saw a pet in my world yet).

Anyways, if you can filter posts by "from @deaderpool", "mention @devil", then you can see that he has provided what's going wrong in the game.

OK. Now the houshold has expanded with babies to 18 sims. Still able to save.

To sum it up:
This mod works with latest patch. With Pets expansion installed it is a problem to store the game with housholds >8.

Edit:
Correction again. According to Deaderpool the save problem is not only with Pets EP installed. Reason unknown.
Page 12 of 16