Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2009 at 3:22 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:22 PM.
Default The Survivor Challenge(seasons needed BV recomended)
This is my first ever challenge so please tell me if I missed something or if you have any suggestions.
I based this challenge on the TV show survivor and the main point is trying to survive.
So your on this reality show and you have to fend for yourself, you have to catch or grow your own food and you have to make your own shelter and all that stuff. If you are the last one left then you get a million simoliens!!$ You can use cheats to give them this.
The setup
You need 8 sims to all live on one lot. Genders don't matter and none of them can be related. It can be a beach lot but money doesn't matter anyway so there's really no point in finding and selling stuff. You can cheat for money in the beginning because it doesn't matter how much money they have.This challenge lasts until there is only one sim left. You could have it last for a day or for 8 weeks or any amount of time you want. Every once in a while you can have challenges between 2-5 sims when only one sims comes out alive.examples are having the sims get in a pool and take out the ladder and see who lasts the longest. You could set all the sims out in the hail and see who survives the longest. Or you could simply have all the other sims vote who to kill by their realtionship with them. Or you could just role a dice.
The rules
-No buying anything that you couldn't get in the wild other than tents(or beds if you don't have BV), and a fridge and something that can catch on fire(but not a stove) and a counter.
-You have to grow or catch your own food(fishing or garening)
-No telephones
-No stoves but you MUST have the cheapest grill.
-If there is a fire then you have to let it put itself out, you can't put it out yourself.
-No electronics other than a fridge(you may want to use this fridge http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289069)
-No sprinklers
-You can have no walls except for the bathroom(see below) and no roofs.
-You can have a tiny little room for the cheepest toilet and shower but you cannot shelter in that room from the weather or a fire.
-NO CHEATS except to fix bugs or if it's otherwise mentioned.
-Only adults, teens, and elders. No kids or toddlers. You can not have any kids during the challenge but you can woohoo as long as you have no kids. If you have teens then you can make them related to ONE parent. On the lot you can use a cheat or hack to remove family ties or you can create them as an audult and age them down using a cheat or hack. Or if you want to you can leave them related. If you do have a teen then you either have to use a cheat or hack to make them not go to school or just don't let them get on the bus.
-You cannot delete any graves regardless of whether they die naturally or in a challenge.
-If you have BV then have them sleep in a tent.
-If you don't have BV then just use the cheapest bed.
-No community lots(your on a reality show.)
-During a challenge that is who can survive the longest you can't interfere at all.You can't drag up their needs or anything like that.
-No pleading with the grim reaper
No major hacks that affect gameplay if they don't affect this challenge then there OK.(No lovebeds or whatever there called if your using a bed, no insim, inteen is OK for teen and Adult relationships.)
-no interacting with any townie's or NPC's. You can only interact with people on that lot.
-No jobs(reality show)
-No genie lamp wishes. If you get one then just stick it in your inventory.
-No career or aspirations reward
-NO PETS!
-I don't have AL so i'm not sure how it works but no apartments either.
Scoring
The reward is that the suriving sim gets tons of money. But if anyone has any scoring suggestions please tell me. Otherwise you can make up your own if you want to or just not use scoring at all.
Please post any pictures.
If anyone has any suggestions at all then please tell me.

Note: There's also a fridge you can download that's in the next few posts.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th May 2009 at 1:34 PM
i will try this challange when i have time , but not now...
i have an exam this weak!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:42 PM
LOL!!!Luv thee chalenge!I tryed it and my sim,Jean(Gay boy),WON!!!He just sat around all day and garden!He just pee in bush!All the rest insane and die.I gave sim palm tree hammok.That ok?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:18 PM
Yeah I guess that's OK.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 4:05 AM
Interesting challenge. I may use elements of it for something of my own. (I originally came on here to look for the Royal Kingdom Challenge rules, but reading this makes me consider making a sort of castaway-turned-mini-society situation instead. Thanks!)

One thing I wanted to mention was that one fridge I found that's awesome for this kind of stuff is this- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289069 . It looks so much more natural on a deserted island than a big fridge. You might want to mention it above, it really works well!

Wow. I just recovered this username after nearly four years of this account being inaccessible... Oh happy day!
(Btw, PsychoKatie and Psycho_Katie = same person. A site-wide glitch messed up accounts four years ago and I had to remake one...)